**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 was a treat!

I spent last weekend grinding out completion of act 6.3 and most of 6.4. I spend Saturday morning taking down the grandmaster with some skill. Spent about 1k of units. I was so excited for all the rewards and the time to relax and play just the monthly stuff again.

I was just looking into act 7 and decided to mess around and complete the first 3 chapters itemless and thought, well might as well keep going.

Act 7 was such a fun part of the game and made me really enjoy fights, nodes and bosses significantly more than anything in act 6. I have always dreaded exploration but this time I am pumped for some act 7!

Anyone that completed act 6 should have no fear what so ever going into act 7.

Comments

• BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★

Dang we’re waiting for 7.2, while this guy has fully completed it

Lol yeah totally my bad. Even when searching for some guides on 7.1 I kept putting act 7 tips and not act 7.1
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, it was a big relief compared to Act 6. Can't wait for 7.2
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I did the same thing that you did about a month or two ago and I had a mixed opinion. I enjoyed that it wasn’t as difficult as some of the annoying act 6 stuff but it felt too easy for the most advanced story content. What I would prefer in regards to 7.2 is that it would be more difficult than 7.1 but not because of bs fights. More difficult content is preferred but not super niche annoying content.
  • ODEKAODEKA Posts: 59
    I completed 7.1 to 100% without spending much. It was so fun. And now I'm looking back at act 6, and I've barely done anything. I don't feel like doing it, but will most likely have to. Might just wait for 7.2 first and after start on my act 6.
  • BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    RekMan said:

I spent last weekend grinding out completion of act 6.3 and most of 6.4. I spend Saturday morning taking down the grandmaster with some skill. Spent about 1k of units. I was so excited for all the rewards and the time to relax and play just the monthly stuff again.

I was just looking into act 7 and decided to mess around and complete the first 3 chapters itemless and thought, well might as well keep going.

Act 7 was such a fun part of the game and made me really enjoy fights, nodes and bosses significantly more than anything in act 6. I have always dreaded exploration but this time I am pumped for some act 7!

Anyone that completed act 6 should have no fear what so ever going into act 7.

Holdup, 1000 units on the grandmaster or on the two chapters in general. I had ghost so I did 6.3 and 6.4 in about 600 units not to mention I had love potions to heal my champs.
    Just 1000 units on the grandmaster. I probably spent more in 6.3 then 6.4 honestly aside from the grandmaster fight. And to be honest, I probably could take the grandmaster down now in 3-5 runs, but I was so antsy to complete 6.4 that I started my grandmaster fight when I woke up and played laying down lol. Totally my bad on that. Woke up the wife with some obscenities.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

7.1 was boring cheese fest everywhere..

There is no satisfying you people, jfc.
    Either it's too easy and a cheese fest, or too hard and you're forced to spend units. There needs to be a middle ground
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Yes, let's now hope they will make 7.2 as fun as 7.1, and not make it insanely difficult to satisfy those who ask for harder content

By fun, do you mean easy and no skill needed?
    By fun I mean nodes that players can somehow benefit from. For me fun is a node that is challenging, requires you to play specifically but it has some benefits for players. And imo Act 7.1 has focused a lot on this and on class benefits on lanes, which I like. I admit it is subjective tho.

For me node combos like Void+long distance relationships aren't fun. It makes the fight crazy difficult at high PI, but thats about it. Dying in 3 seconds if I stay in champs proximity for more than 3 basic hits isn't fun for me. I understand if someone enjoys that, but I don't.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i'm sure the bluntness of a few will ruffle some feathers, but personally i explored Act6 after exploring 7.1 and was a bit more satisfied with the challenge Act6 presented.

now i am by no means a masochist, but Act6 forced me to make decisions on who to bring on certain paths, it involved planning and/or ranking up of champs i might not have done otherwise.

for context, i'm terrible using Quake and mediocre at best with Ghost, yes i did have an r3 Corvus but couldnt bring him for every fight or couldnt get enough charges to be worth it.

do i wish that Act7 starts to scale up in difficulty? guilty as charged.

7.1 feels like cruising thru 5.1 the first time, lets hope 7.2 gives us that gut punch that was running into Masochism or Bane the first time we jumped into 5.2 or some seemingly unbeatable fight like the Collector was at first.