**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Persistent Charge bug not addressed in patch notes

pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,761 Guardian
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Does this mean we have to suffer through this bug for another month/season?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    It's here forever bro
    Just like the AQ Timeout bug
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Apparently we have to learn to live with it
  • it is just a pain to deal with it. I have to login to my old phone for doing war fights just because i cant use my persistent charges on my new phone.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Does this mean we have to suffer through this bug for another month/season?

I'm afraid it does pseudosane
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

it is just a pain to deal with it. I have to login to my old phone for doing war fights just because i cant use my persistent charges on my new phone.

what phone is that? i've been asking if it's a device issue because i basically never see that bug
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

it is just a pain to deal with it. I have to login to my old phone for doing war fights just because i cant use my persistent charges on my new phone.

what phone is that? i've been asking if it's a device issue because i basically never see that bug
    What device do you have?

What device do you have?
    Mostly use my 12 pro max but also sometimes my 8+, but both apple

What device do you have?
    I believe most Apple users aren't seeing this issue. Some have reported it in the Mega Thread but I am pretty positive that it's mostly Android users.

What device do you have?
    I believe most Apple users aren't seeing this issue. Some have reported it in the Mega Thread but I am pretty positive that it's mostly Android users.
    gotcha, i wonder why that is

What device do you have?
    gotcha, i wonder why that is
    If you figure that out, let us and Kabam know lol.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    This game is optimized for the iOS (actually, most games are probably because it’s easier to code?), therefore, iOS users experience less bugs than Android users. Plus, the game’s animations are better in iOS. Most Android users don’t have all the animations, like for example, Ghost’s phasing ability is more vivid and stylized than Android. You can check out videos on YouTube and see the difference. Kingslayer MCOC has an Android device. Compare his gameplay with iOS and you’ll notice some difference.

This game is optimized for the iOS (actually, most games are probably because it’s easier to code?), therefore, iOS users experience less bugs than Android users. Plus, the game’s animations are better in iOS. Most Android users don’t have all the animations, like for example, Ghost’s phasing ability is more vivid and stylized than Android. You can check out videos on YouTube and see the difference. Kingslayer MCOC has an Android device. Compare his gameplay with iOS and you’ll notice some difference.

I don't think it's because it's easier, i think it's because iOS is one operating system, where as android has hundreds (correct me if i'm wrong, i know little about this)
    edited April 2021

I wouldn't say it's optimized for iOS. Apple devices have their fair share of issues as well. The difference is that iOS devices are the same hardware/software whereas Android devices are mostly different and have a wide, wide variety of different types.
    There are 6/7 phone versions and a couple versions of Ipads. But 100's of Androids that can play the game at minimum specs.

So with apple having fewer versions to program for, it works better on those devices because there isn't a huge difference in those devices year to year.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

What device do you have?
    Ive had the issue this week and have an Iphone 12 and Ipad 6th gen. Happened on both. Doesn't happen that often, maybe once a week and I just keep my eye out for it before going into fights.
    MikeHock said:

What device do you have?
    Ive had the issue this week and have an Iphone 12 and Ipad 6th gen. Happened on both. Doesn't happen that often, maybe once a week and I just keep my eye out for it before going into fights.
    Yeah I figured there's a few. I'd love for them to get it fixed but I get it.
  • It is very weird because my android 10 phone doesnt have too many issues with it. If i do not have persistent charges, just a restart is enough. My android 11 phone though, it never ever works. 1/20 logins i will have persistent charges.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    It's annoying but probably because they haven't been able to find a fix since their last attempt.
  • Yeah it personally pisses me off because g99 is one of my main war attackers (for apoc bosses). With this bug i cannot use my android 11 phone for war. I have to use my android 10 phone (which is use for my alts).

Yeah it personally pisses me off because g99 is one of my main war attackers (for apoc bosses). With this bug i cannot use my android 11 phone for war. I have to use my android 10 phone (which is use for my alts).

You use her prefights for apoc bosses? Why?
  • Yeah it personally pisses me off because g99 is one of my main war attackers (for apoc bosses). With this bug i cannot use my android 11 phone for war. I have to use my android 10 phone (which is use for my alts).

without the persistent charge, she starts with zero armor, nor does she regen. I dont use her prefights, but i do need her armor and heal active.

Yeah it personally pisses me off because g99 is one of my main war attackers (for apoc bosses). With this bug i cannot use my android 11 phone for war. I have to use my android 10 phone (which is use for my alts).

without the persistent charge, she starts with zero armor, nor does she regen. I dont use her prefights, but i do need her armor and heal active.
    Oh, that makes sense. Never seen her without her prefight so didn’t make that connection, whoops
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Can't remember ever having the persistent charge bug but I do get the prefight bug occasionally.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Can't remember ever having the persistent charge bug but I do get the prefight bug occasionally.

Depends on the device and luck tbh. I get it randomly on my device, but I know so many alliance members who have the bug 90% of the time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Depends on the device and luck tbh. I get it randomly on my device, but I know so many alliance members who have the bug 90% of the time.
    Oh for sure. I'm well aware it's something that exists and is affecting lots of people. I just find it odd how random it seems to be which I'm sure is the reason it's taking so long to address.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Annoying thing about the bug is that it not only affects the champs now, but even the nodes. Terrax on Polka Dot Power missing the bug? Then you won't gain any power whatsoever.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

What device do you have?
    I use android and have one seen it about 3 or 4 times I think
    Chikel said:

What device do you have?
    Yes for Android it's depending on OS version.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Chikel said:

What device do you have?
    Yes for Android it's depending on OS version.
    Mine is android 10. Runs a Mediatek processor