**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I awaken X-23?

Jcray705Jcray705 Posts: 30
edited October 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I just finished exploring 5.3 today and pulled a 5* mutant awakening gem from the rewards. I have a 5* X-23 at rank two right now, and will be taking her all the way to rank 4 once I have the resources. I will also be going for my first clear of Labyrinth of Legends once she is 4/55. My team will be 4/55 Starlord, 4/55 X-23, and then 4* magneto, 5* Magneto, and 5* Cyclops for the synergies. With that in mind, is it worth it to awaken X-23? (Please explain your answers)

Should I awaken X-23? 47 votes

Yes
36%
Spity68YellsomeJJ4302GreatScottAsukiraRentonXDFilmScorpionF4k3_GaM3rDOKTOROKTOPUSSuskanutImbahtmahnHendrossWendoedder123ClaydeeezySpiderGirlMayaSolo99501 17 votes
No
63%
Golden_GuardianNoob_2yrsbhuv9191LoPrestiRiyaanHeroBoltsySuperman69SpeedbumpRealPastorKingCrooksSky_kittyTROUBL3DSungjBUZZdog3000FrodoT_BagginsDhruvgAyushk12AshburnAnonymous346The_Jagga 30 votes

Comments

• Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    No
    Her ability will just increase critical damage when the opponent is bleeding. Her regen and bleed will be fine unduped.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    No
    AA and Iceman are so much better and needed for an awakening gem. Don't waste it on her plz...
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    No
    Her ability is not worth awakening , she is probably fine without getting awakened.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    No
    Her sig is ass
  • Jcray705Jcray705 Posts: 30
    But if I'm taking x-23 to r4, I won't likely be taking iceman or archangel that far for a while. So then I guess the question is, should I even bother ranking x-23 to r4 or should I wait to see if I can pull one of the other 2 at some point? I love playing her and she'll be awesome for aq, as well as saving me some units in labyrinth.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    No
    I say no because of DR, when an opponent is bleeding, x23 already has a buff to crit rate from her standard abilities. The additional crit rate from the sig is a) not much and b) suffers from DR too much.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    No
    Just a crit boost, not worth a gem, save it is my opinion
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    No
    Rank her up to 4 but not worth awaking gem because she doenst get much benefits from it
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    edited November 2017
    a ton of responses saying it's just a crit boost but have any of yall actually tested the damage increase it yields? (Killed WS multiple times before and after dupe/awaken and recorded the hits needed?) There's a huge difference between crit, fury, cruelty buffs from champ to champ. Angela's fury is over 60% atk per stack which is why people are starting to see her as near god tier champ since in long fights the up-time on her fury is 100% and usually more than 1 stack. She does **** dmg with her specials but her atk level becomes like a permanent low health Hulk.

i'm curious to see what the actual percentage dmg gain from x23 boost as well since I'm in the same boat as the OP and if someone has actually tested it rather than making blind guesses that "it's just a crit boost" it would be helpful. What if the crit gain is much higher than the typical little crit synergies between champs and increases her damage by say 30% or 40%?

i'm planning to try a few attempts for 5-star iceman and if no luck, I'll awaken my 4 star x23 first and get her high sig and record a handful of WS ROL kills to decide how good or bad the dupe is more objectively. If it's a much greater gain that these posters are alluding to, I'll decide if it's worth the awaken or not.

Does a single poster here stating definitely don't waste duping her even have a 5 star X23 and any direct experience?
  • No
    Just look at her awakening ability already...
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Just look at her awakening ability already...

so in other words you can read the description like the rest of us and blindly guess that it's not worth it with no objective testing? The sig calculator shows that sig 61 5/50 while bleeding (in aggressive long fights like LOL) is essentially permanent, her crit rate is increased by 315 or 46% as well as the crit damage. Her total damage is highly tied to crit since her bleeds comes from lacerate (crits) in addition to the actual melee and specials hits being crits so it basically double dips. Depending on sig, with no evidence other than taking 3 secs to read the sig you can conclude that a crit rate and dmg boost of 315 (30-50% depending on sig) is insignificant and not worth it? Seatin has vids of a DUPED 4/55 x23 1 shotting RULK easily without boosts on in 440 hits with 75% of the 2nd enrage timer remaining. Unfortunately he doesn't have the same fight unduped. Again, the significance of a 300-360 crit rating and damage boost on bleeding targets specifically for long aggressive fights like LOL where you are basically almost constantly hitting them could be more significant than you think.

there is no question that iceman's dupe is better for general play in AW and easy quests, but if the OP's goal is to clear LOL, the huge crit rate and dmg boost, resulting in even more bleeds, I have a feeling is more significant than most of the posters here think since none have taken the time to actually compare the numbers.
  • No
    Wait for 5* IceMan, Wolverine or Archangel
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Some champs need to be awakened in order for them to be useful. Examples are Star lord, Wolverine SW etc etc. X23 isnt one of them, so save it for an Iceman, Rogue or AA. If Wolverine is due to come out, he would be good option. He would be insane IMO