**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buffed Mascare is getting challenging with node Energy Adaptation-Fire

GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

This path have Energy Adaptation-Fire (50%chance to get Incinerate debuff by landing a hit)
+ Hot and Bothered (incinerated attackers suffer from AAR)
+ Icarus (get Fury buffs by landing hits or blocks, but attackers will suffer from degeneration if they have more than 8 furies)

Incinerate-immune champs with heavy attacks were usually pretty easy to pass these nodes. However, buffed Mascare will deal a lot of energy damage on attackers if the attackers are incinerate-immune.....

PS: I finally finished him with Guardian, but I still want to address that it’s just unexpected scenario before taking Mascare....

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    That ability was always there like hazzal said. Use shrugg off champ or purify instead, quake ghost cmm corvus km + void, rulk etc
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

Masacre always had the ability to deal energy damage when the opponent triggered an incinerate immunity. That didn’t change with his buff.

With that said, I understand what you’re saying. Incinerate immune take massive damage, and everyone else gets AAR, on top of icarus.

But since the damage of energy adoption isn’t that much, you could use someone like archangel and spam heavy attacks, since he can’t have his ability accuracy reduced.

Oh, really? I don’t even know he has such kind of ability before being buffed....maybe because I didn’t use him at all....

I didn’t bring any champs that could deal bleed debuff for this path because I thought bringing incinerate-immune champs are sufficient to clear all of them.....🤦‍♂️

That ability was always there like hazzal said. Use shrugg off champ or purify instead, quake ghost cmm corvus km + void, rulk etc

Yeah....I should bring Ghost synergy team....anyway, I took a lessen =]
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Yeah he's always had that Ability that Punishes Immunities.
    Red hulk Purifies All Incinerate Debuffs which would bypass the Immunity Damage, of course there's the option of a Champion with Easy Access to Bleed Debuffs (Warlock's Heavies are Fast and apply a Bleed Everytime), Angela with a Sig Level of 101 would only take 4 Buffs to Force the Incinerates to Expire Instantly, Archangel with Heavy Spam would Nuke him down, and a ton of Skill Champions have Shrug Off/Purify Abilities.
    That's just a few Counters off the top of my head, probably a bunch more.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Always been apart his kit buff had nothing to do with it 😑
    Wicket329 said:

Silver Surfer is another good option because he has 100% incinerate resist. He’ll still suffer from the hot and bothered node, but he won’t take any damage.

You’re right. Silver Surfer’s heavy attack has miss mechanic which pretty nice to against Icarus....

I just didn’t think of these issues when I took this path....
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Or you know, you could use anyone at all that bleeds...the most common DoT in the game...lol
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Or you know, you could use anyone at all that bleeds...the most common DoT in the game...lol

Most common DOT is normal attacks, everyone has it :D
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Most common DOT is normal attacks, everyone has it :D
    DOT stands for Damage Over Time like Bleeds/Degen/Incinerate, Basic Attacks would be Raw Damage caused by Attacking.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Even a 5* r2 Angela can solo most Icarus fights with ease, this massacre included