**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My ultimate guide on TIGRA!

Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
It's a written guide on a champion named Tigra including my thoughts, places to practice and type of content she is good for.
Before reading this I would highly suggest you to watch MSD 's guide on tigra to understand tigra's abilities (cause I do not have explained them here). In case you doubt in her true power, I would better suggest you to visit Buddy Lee and Fintech on YouTube, they will heavily change you mind. If you are reading this, I would assume you do know about Tigra's abilities and potential fairly well.
Thoughts on Tigra : (It's just my opinion) Tigra is the third best mystic (without sucides) and second best (with sucides).
Some common questions related to Tigra:
Qns1 . Is it worth it to learn tigra?
Ans- Definitely, even if you end up NOT using her, the skills you would learn through her will be helpful in various other aspects of the game. Plus, she is very enjoyable to play and learn initially, so you won't regret investing your time.

Qns 2 How hard she is to play?
Ans. I would say she is the highest skill cap character in the whole game but if you see it from the other side, you would realise she is the easiest character to improve your skills with.

Guide Time
The four essential key points to learn tigra are

1) Heavy countering ;- 'Retaliating with your heavy attack after opponents special attack (heavy attacks for most as well) pretty easy overall. You can first practice with champions like Champion, Wolverine, Deadpool (both).
Tigra pushes herself in order to attack in the opponent, this makes heavy countering even more easier.
2) Light intecerpts ;- Intercepting the opponent with a light instead of a medium. Not that hard of a skill, you will be able to learn it by time and practice.
3) Spacing;- One of the most op skills in the game. 'Using light/mediums in order to come near to the opponent so that you can retaliate with your special or heavy attack' With tigra it's not that hard to learn as may it seem first time doing it but it's quite annoying when you have to remember for different types of champs.
This mainly comes up with practice and I can tell you where to do so.
a) ROL winter soldier : He is the prefect opponent to start with. You need to launch a light attack in order to come closer to him and let him launch his sp1/sp2 to miss his bullets and retaliate. Now from mastering this fight means 'being able to come out of the fight at 100% health'
Fights you will automatically get good after this one
Howard the Duck, Gambit,IMIW fights where you have to come closer by just one light attack for spacing.
b) ROL (Juggernaut) ;- if you are able to fight him, I had say you will automatically get good at fighting Venom the duck, Medusa, Venom with tigra. She is also a really good to all of them as well cause she will never let them gain any buff.
c) Bring her in eq and practice. (I think she can do every eq except science).
Some special spacing methods for certain champs
a) Apocalypse sp 1: Two mediums backwards and three lights attacks in order to retaliate.
b) Champs with instant projectiles (Vision, Black bolt, Cap marvel OG) and champs like Thor, Thor jane foster,Ronan : This one is the hardest one to get personally. What you need to do is to let yourself standing when the opponent is above a bar of power, if they come at you, block, if they lauch their special, heavy to miss. No spacing needed her but I am not myself good with it.

After this you will be able to do spacing with countering heavies as well. What you need to do is block until they launch their heavy attack, after they do so, you just need to use a light attack (for champs like Terrax, Mole man, Hulbuster, Falcon, Agent Venom, Black Panther CW)and lauch your heavy or just retaliate with your heavy attack ( Cap Marvel, Tigra, Venom, VTD, HTD, champs which trynto push you away in the corner). Light attack + Heavy is harder but safer one to go and works for 90% of champs.
Note : Practicing Tigra as lowest rank possible is good way to go. I defeated ROL WS with a 5* Rank 2/4 star rank 4 tigra at 100% health and that's when I became confindent with her. I did my best writing it in this for, but it's mainly practice which will get you to the point.
Would love to know if there's something I missed.
Type of content she is good for/Weaknesses
She is very versatile champ and fits in nearly every type of content. She is a type of champ when you have X champion you know is better counter for Y fight but you are going to use tigra anyway for that Y fights anyway.
Although, I used tigra myself in AW, I think she is no longer a safer move to play due to Stand Your Ground master.
She is not that great for abyss due to evade chance but Buddy Lee has solo Abyss Medusa with her. I could also see some potential with Jabari and OG BP synergies.
I did my best to write in this format. It's all about practice and hope you enjoyed 🙂
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Would love to see @buddy_LEE here and share his thoughts.

Why spend 10 hour learn Tigra when 1 minute with CGR do same thing

I had say she is MUCH better than CGR utility wise.
  • Killer354Killer354 Posts: 130
    Thank you, I really need this due to her being my most recent 6*. :smile:
    edited May 2021
    Her advantages over CGR-
    1) She can't gain buffs due to nodes like icarus.
    2) She doesn't get affected by buffet and masochism. She is also really good against spite.
    3) Awesome buff control from the very first second of the fight.
    4) No need to block in most scenarios.
    5) Not dependent on a complete cycle.
    @MrInsanity
    Killer354 said:

Thank you, I really need this due to her being my most recent 6*. :smile:

Awesome and glad to help.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Her advantages over CGR-
    1) She can't gain buffs due to nodes like icarus.
    2) She doesn't get affected by buffet and masochism. She is also really good against spite.
    3) Awesome buff control from the very first second of the fight.
    4) No need to block in most scenarios.
    5) Not dependent on a complete cycle.
    MrInsanity

Alright, thank you for sharing! :)

have been having a lot of fun with tigra and dont have cgr
    but i dont think so
    Care to explain how?

i mean with the new jabari synergy tigra can now nullify so that expands her utility a bit more
    but still cgr has some immunities and even powerlock for a cosmic champ during which you can end the fights.
    Lol I love CGR as well. Powerlock is solid but you know it's not always there when you need the most, it's like cherry on the top. Yes his immunities are really good but Tigra on the other hand has miss (so no annoying specials anymore) shuts down buffs entirely (Hyperion counter, Medusa, etc). I have mentioned the rest above.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    The hardest part is spacing and heavy timing.. Still not able to do both.. Not sure when will I learn those
  • buddy_LEEbuddy_LEE Posts: 280 ★★★
    @Prakhar_82 Nice dude, spreading Tigra awareness is an important job :smile: . I agree with most of what you got there. I will say I did think she is still great for AW offense, I've never had stand your ground resist all 3 of my heavy his.

And Also I have an OR solo in abyss too :). She could do many others but yeah not gonna be the best option but viable and the most fun as usual.

Good stuff dude!
    buddy_LEE said:

@Prakhar_82 Nice dude, spreading Tigra awareness is an important job :smile: . I agree with most of what you got there. I will say I did think she is still great for AW offense, I've never had stand your ground resist all 3 of my heavy his.

And Also I have an OR solo in abyss too :). She could do many others but yeah not gonna be the best option but viable and the most fun as usual.

Good stuff dude!

@buddy_LEE Thanks bro. Glad you saw it. Hadn't seen that OR video so thanks for making me notice. For stand you r ground mastery I had say Fintech got really unlucky in some of his last aw bosses solos so I pointed it out. Although the chances are of only like losing a toss three times in a row IF the opponent has maxed out the mastery (and there are very few amount of people who do so) but you know there's still a chance.
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    She is extremely useful for the current war meta as protect and bulwark will not affect her at all. I use her almost every war and i have yet to come across a boss she can't take in master level wars. The list of bosses i've soloed with her goes as follows: Apocalypse, Thing, Mojo, Sentinel, Modok, Super-Skrull, Punisher 2099, Immortal Hulk and Terrax from which Terrax and Skrull died in under a minute. I've seen people solo Magneto, The Champion and Dragon Man bosses aswell but haven't had the chance to try myself. She also counters a lot of the more annoying nodes in war such as buffet, power snack, ebb and flow intercept and knockdown, powerful from afar, rage, footloose and polka dot power
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

have been having a lot of fun with tigra and dont have cgr
    but i dont think so
    Care to explain how?

i mean with the new jabari synergy tigra can now nullify so that expands her utility a bit more
    but still cgr has some immunities and even powerlock for a cosmic champ during which you can end the fights.
    I won't say who is better because I love both for different reasons, but Tigra's ability to completely shut down opponent buff gain can be incredibly potent. If you play her right, you never have to worry about Medusa gaining 3 furies and autoblocking you, Thing's unstoppable (and maybe his unblockable? I don't know if that counts as a buff). She doesn't nullify Hyperion's initial power gain buff but can prevent him from gaining any more.

Furthermore, none of this counts as nullifies (except the one she gets from the Jabari synergy), so it completely bypasses nullify resistance champs and nodes.

In addition to this, her miss mechanic is also insanely valuable. It's similar to Ghost's phasing, but different in some key ways. First off, you can charge your heavy indefinitely (I think?), so it doesn't matter if the opponent is really throwing a long special attack your way. She misses all of it regardless - assuming they are all projectiles. That's the other key difference. Ghost doesn't give a **** about the type of attack the opponent throws at her, she can phase regardless (for a shorter amount of time). Tigra can only avoid some attacks, although those are typically the most annoying ones to dodge.

All in all, I find CGR easier to play in most matches, but he suffers quite a bit when something on the opponent or node interrupts his rotation. Tigra, meanwhile, is always kind of tricky to play but doesn't require a certain rotation which simultaneously gives her a bit of extra leeway. If you can't heavy counter in a match, no worries, you can always keep the neutralize up with light and medium attacks until you reach your specials. You don't have to fit in a full 5-hit combo ending with a medium attack, one ending with a light, one heavy and then get to SP2 or 3.

There are still a lot of situations where she is ****, and every encounter where she shines is one that you kind of have to learn separately. That can be a little annoying.

But damn, does it feel good when it all clicks into place and you pull off a perfect fight.

Still, not saying she's better than CGR, or any other champion. Just that she has a lot of uses that you end up finding along the way, the more you play her.
    I genuinely feel Tigra is better than CGR (please don't kill me) . Reason being she doesn't need to follow a whole rotation to access her damage. Plus CGR utility is not that great as people say it. His fate seal and power lock are just cherries on the top which don't make any difference in most scenarios and aren't there when you need it the most. Yes his immunities and armor breaks are really good but when compared to tigra's buff control, debuff control, synergies, miss ability, passive neutralisation and being insanely fun to play kinda makes me incline towards tigra but both of them are beasts in themselves.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    The problem I always have with Tigra is that I can never figure out when I should be holding heavy and when I should be letting go. One of my most critical errors with Tigra is thinking I need to back off and prepare for a special attack when my opponent just runs at me, killing my setup. Worse is when I think I'm fine and the opponent blasts my mid-animation ass with a special I would have missed easily otherwise. It's extremely tough to make that judgment call at times, one of my biggest weaknesses in games like this. That's why I prefer champs who lack that sort of mental fortitude requirement-I've become a leading expert on Apocalypse and Gulk gameplay and have learned plenty of mixups that ease judgment calls in game.

Tigra and Quake, however, remain utter mysteries.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

The problem I always have with Tigra is that I can never figure out when I should be holding heavy and when I should be letting go. One of my most critical errors with Tigra is thinking I need to back off and prepare for a special attack when my opponent just runs at me, killing my setup. Worse is when I think I'm fine and the opponent blasts my mid-animation ass with a special I would have missed easily otherwise. It's extremely tough to make that judgment call at times, one of my biggest weaknesses in games like this. That's why I prefer champs who lack that sort of mental fortitude requirement-I've become a leading expert on Apocalypse and Gulk gameplay and have learned plenty of mixups that ease judgment calls in game.

Tigra and Quake, however, remain utter mysteries.

That's kind of how I am with Ghost, and how I was with Quake initially. However, I learned to play Quake pretty decently. I'm not one of those never-even-touches-the-opponent gods, but I can use her well enough to be very satisfied with ranking her up. I'm getting there with Tigra, even though it's taking its sweet time, and I'm simultaneously working on mastering Ghost.

But there is something that I really like about learning the ins and outs of some of these high-skill champions. It's so incredibly satisfying to pull off victories with them when you play them correctly.