**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Feedback to Kabam Please Stop Holding Back

KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So after the last few months I've decided it's finally time to put this out there. The new champs have been, to say the least, underwhelming. Its been several months since the last truly exciting champ and the problem I believe is with how the champs are executed. The champs being released look great on paper but when they come out they seem so lacking. Almost as if Kabam is purposefully being overly cautious when it comes to the champions' numbers. Like the characters have incredible animations and have solid abilities, for example Super Skrull, Mangog, and Psycho Man but on release there numbers are just so lacking. It ends up feeling like the characters are all flash and no substance. I hope Kabam she'd away some of this cautious attitude towards champion releases and gives the champs a chance to thrive in the games meta. Shang Chi and Mr. Neg look awesome and on paper but I'm hesitant to get excited for them just because of the pattern of champion releases the last several months. Anyway that's my rant, lemme know what you all think
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Jabari Panther is insane, people are sleeping on her
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    The same can be said about some of these overhaul/buffs
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yea. It’s alright if they release mediocre champs to balance the pool so I don’t mind if Super Skrull or Psychoman are dud but it’s kinda disappointing when it’s someone like Odin.

I know he’s good but he should be better.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

The same can be said about some of these overhaul/buffs

Not every overhaul or buff is going to take a champion to magneto, falcon, moleman or crossbones level.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Jabari Panther is insane, people are sleeping on her

They should not sleep on her. Also, how may people have the latest champs? I usually test champs in arena only. I like her cleanse utility. I don't care regarding damage that much since I can use other champs for damage. But, after seeing the videos, she seems to be a highly skill and rotation intensive. If I get her as 5 star, I will try her out more.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    The only champs that I would consider not very good are psycho man, super skrull, and mangog
    All of the rest are decent-amazing.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Well it is only May, so there are 8 months of champs still to come. We only need a couple of CGR-level champs every year. If every champ is OP, then none are.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m hoping this months champs are both crazy good but you’re right. It’s hard to get your hopes up because of the last few months.
  • AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    I'm fine with mostly mediocre/decent new champs and 3-5 great champs per year. If there was a new god tier champ every month it would mean that older champs were getting weaker and weaker very fast. You would be punished for being FTP because those who spend can get new champs easier and faster and can rank them up easier and faster.
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Up until September 2020 was a pretty average year. Only a few good champs released until then although they have since been buffed
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    Consider Iceman. Upon his release into the game, there were no coldsnap immune champions in the game, not even himself. Shortly after his release, we got Mephisto as the first coldsnap immune champion in the game. He was highly sought after as the only champion with that immunity, plus he was the first champion to have an aura-based mechanic. These were meta-defining champions at the time of their release. Now they’re bench warmers (Iceman, you’re still perfect and no regrets as my first ever 5* r4).

This is called power creep. It’s a name for the concept that as time goes on in a game, the baseline for average use slowly increases as new mechanics and interactions are developed. What you’re describing would turn it into a power sprint. As much as it may suck for somebody with an already extensive late-game roster, Kabam needs to design most champions with the mid-game in mind. To try to make each successive champion more powerful would just make the game a miserable constant unit grind for cav crystals. No thank you.
  • KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    I feel I should clarify, I understand everyone's points being made and I think they mainly arise from my original opinion being misunderstood. That to be fair might be my fault as I worded it poorly and the tone comes of as whiney. To try and clarify I don't expect every champion released to be beyond god tier, I understand that not all champs can perform at that level or else the balance of the game would just fall apart. Rather I feel that all champions released should perform at a level where, while not game breaking, they are still justifiable to rank up for players of all levels. To try and make it a bit more clear let me give an example, Spider Ham, he is by no means crazy game breaking beyond god tier, but he still has a fun, pretty unique, and useful ability set. His power sting mechanic with the porker poppers is rather unique and powerfully if used correctly, this all makes it so players of any level mid tier or end game can rank him up and he would be a good addition to the roster. On the flip hand let's take a champ from this year, such as Super Skrull, he has preety good abilities on paper that can be powerful and useful to players, but his faults hold him back from being in line with other champs who also serve a similar purpose as him, let's say venom just because they're both cosmic buff heavy damage dealer champs. Now the two aren't a perfect comparison but still it wouldn't make sense to take up Super Skrull over venom just because venom would be more useful to account. What I would like is for Super Skrull to be on a similar level to champs like venom so that when it comes to deciding between champions the decision is based more on personal preference and play style preference. I don't know if that makes much sense but I'm not quite sure how else to say it. Also people saying that there have to be some bad champs so that good champs can seem good in comparison. I've never liked that arguement, I think it would be healthy for a game to have a roster comprising if champs of similar power level as it would just make there be more diversity in the game when it comes to what champs are used. So yeah I hope this clears things up and thanks to everyone for their input :).