**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bp nerf

Black panther has always been an underrated champ for years,I was happy to have him ranked for years despite the odd looks but i never really cared. Recently his "buff" wholely...made him a noodle(a crunchy one,I'll give you that) and had mad impractical utility.

Comments

• ThugsmurfThugsmurf Posts: 85

You people are actually so annoying

Every damn month, there are cries from Act 4 fodders moaning about how pre-buff champ is better than post-buff champ because using a full synergy team to make a champion's damage solid for a champ with 0 utility is so practical !1!1!1

Bro...I'm a cav player lol and all he needed was tigra and hulk buster (which is coincidentally both synergies that got nerfed) there's good ideas in a lot of his kit but the excecution was poor and it would be nice to have a nice balance of risk-reward
    Okay most of the responses are empty insults but look at it like this. Task master is great under his number of hoops to jump through but who really used him? I'm not saying bp is task master level of tedious but he isn't gonna get used

Thugsmurf said:

You people are actually so annoying

Every damn month, there are cries from Act 4 fodders moaning about how pre-buff champ is better than post-buff champ because using a full synergy team to make a champion's damage solid for a champ with 0 utility is so practical !1!1!1

Bro...I'm a cav player lol and all he needed was tigra and hulk buster (which is coincidentally both synergies that got nerfed) there's good ideas in a lot of his kit but the excecution was poor and it would be nice to have a nice balance of risk-reward
    The buff made him better and not reliant on synergies. Nobody was using him seriously before, I’m sorry you don’t like the buff, but it’s going down well with a lot of other people.
    That's fair that people are at least interested now but... without synergies currently like I keep saying,sub par damage for the risk. No one has touched him in years like you said but the damage really isn't far off,just more paper cuts

@Thugsmurf I'd suggest you learn how to intercept to better play OG Black Panther as it is a large part of his kit. I'd recommend you watch this video 👇.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIaGpZgmQJs

Thank you lol,ik how to intercept but you can't deny that the game isn't always consistent, I would like the reward to match the risk and feel satisfied after
    People are just disagreeing because that's what they see,nobody is disputing my claims because...IM NOT WRONG you just don't like to hear. The only thing that I've heard tangible feedback on is damage which you can debate but the rest of what I'm saying is very very true and I would appreciate not being put down or told I'm a bad player and I would appreciate real feedback if there is any

Thugsmurf said:

Maratox said:

So you’re saying that having utility that requires skill to use is worse than having no utility at all? That’s a lot of mental hoops to jump through.

No,it's impractical in end game scenarios with complex nodes and I enjoy using him for vanilla content but I just want the reward to match the risk yk? After a month when the shine of animations wear off and you do all that work for some sub par damage,no one will be using him again,they just gotta make the reward match that risk
    Then don't use him.

Problem solved.
    Nobody else will after a couple weeks is what I'm trying to get across
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

People are just disagreeing because that's what they see,nobody is disputing my claims because...IM NOT WRONG you just don't like to hear. The only thing that I've heard tangible feedback on is damage which you can debate but the rest of what I'm saying is very very true and I would appreciate not being put down or told I'm a bad player and I would appreciate real feedback if there is any

The cooldown for the intercept thing can be brought down to 1 second with higher sig. This intercept at command thing is actually quite nice and useful, allows you to let debuffs be on you for WP healing or just shrug all of them off if you slow-play it. Most probably, it won't work for nodes like Energy Adoption, but for pretty much everything else, it can, especially with the DAAR.Additionally, with the cruelties and precisions, he can go through those immune auto-block champions although it's not ideal. He does not hit like a noodle. He can now also counter evade with a synergy.
    slacker said:

Omg, i swear this is HTD over again ,where everyone suddenly became BP's prof and talking like they are using him for months.

I...have been and while I match the skill requirement,I feel less and less satisfied playing him,

“I’m not wrong”

yes you are just none of us are willing to put in the effort to get it through your skull

Out of all of you...none of you are? That's what I came here for man,to interact and get feedback,not people throwing rotten tomatoes,if you like him then fine,if not then join the club but there's no need to be negative over a videogame man,valuing 1's and 0's over a person who's asking for a slight tuneup

Thugsmurf said:

The cooldown for the intercept thing can be brought down to 1 second with higher sig. This intercept at command thing is actually quite nice and useful, allows you to let debuffs be on you for WP healing or just shrug all of them off if you slow-play it. Most probably, it won't work for nodes like Energy Adoption, but for pretty much everything else, it can, especially with the DAAR.Additionally, with the cruelties and precisions, he can go through those immune auto-block champions although it's not ideal. He does not hit like a noodle. He can now also counter evade with a synergy.
    That's good to know man but,my concern when facing most debuff nodes is dOt debuffs,if I have a shrug off champ,I want one that can get them off me fast enough before I die lol,and preferably without leaving me at 2% health, although I do see the merit of the slower shrug off in certain matchups
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

limeade32 said:

Thugsmurf said:

I feel like at a certain point when no one agrees with you, you might want to re-evaluation if your wrong or not. Relative to a lot of other champs Black Panther has good damage. Hit-count is easy to track but isn’t a very good tool for measuring how good a champ is (6 hit combos, 3 hit combos, special attack hits, tons of stuff makes it invalid), but he seems to be doing well from videos I’ve seen of rank 5s and above. Your really underestimating his utility too, you get 50% from panthers might and more from the sig. Panthers might isn’t active 24/7, but imo you don’t need 100% ability accuracy at all times for a lot of fights, and someone like thing or Korg can be done with only 50% or something. The purify might be difficult for some people to use, but difficult does not mean bad, it means difficult. It’s not too luck based it just takes so skill. Also I have no idea why you keep using the word nerf, Hell’s Kitchen is a failure according to a lot of people but it definitely was not a nerf.
    The main problem here is with synergies if they undo it nobody will even post a single complain
    Nobody will complain? People complained about the magneto buff cause his sig got changed to where he couldn’t tank sp3s.....MAGNETO
    Pulyaman said:

I don't want to comment on the rework mainly because I have not used him and don't plan to either. Mainly because I am not good at intercepting and if you want to get the maximum out of the champ, it seems you need to intercept a lot. This is a similar problem I personally have with ronin since he also needs intercepting a lot.

What I do know is that the AI has been changing(tin foil hat moment here). I get parried a lot in arena because I try to be aggressive there and not be careful, AI shallow dexed my attacks and punishes me with an intercept, Back draft intercepts result in a parry or an shallow dex, so my playstyle has been getting defensive now. The reason I was saying all this is, it could be my skill is not good enough, it could be that my age is catching up, or the AI is getting tuned continuously to prevent intercepts and increase the risk of intercepting which inherently has risks.

The reason I say all this is, if a playstyle requires risk taking, the rewards have to be good too. The foresight node is an excellent example of this. So, if a champion inherently requires you to intercept to get the damage out, then the damage has to be great. From the videos I have seen of his gameplay, his damage is better than it was before, he has gotten some utility added to his kit, but whether the risk/ reward ratio is good enough is the question. if people have used him and not just seen just videos and comments, they can give a clear idea of this.

Let the disagrees come. :D

Thank you bro,bp will never be anyone's first pick for his utility,it's certainly nice to have but excellent mention of the foresight being the example of rewarding that risk. Sure his utility is nice but he isn't the best for anything and in that case we need some damage. I personally have the skill level to use him efficiently but still,my point being I would much rather use different champ cause with buildup like that he should be insane. Proxima for instance only needs a couple intercepts vs bp who needs them the whole fight but at least her damage is more than worth that build up yk? Also she has some amazing underrated utility.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't want to comment on the rework mainly because I have not used him and don't plan to either. Mainly because I am not good at intercepting and if you want to get the maximum out of the champ, it seems you need to intercept a lot. This is a similar problem I personally have with ronin since he also needs intercepting a lot.

What I do know is that the AI has been changing(tin foil hat moment here). I get parried a lot in arena because I try to be aggressive there and not be careful, AI shallow dexed my attacks and punishes me with an intercept, Back draft intercepts result in a parry or an shallow dex, so my playstyle has been getting defensive now. The reason I was saying all this is, it could be my skill is not good enough, it could be that my age is catching up, or the AI is getting tuned continuously to prevent intercepts and increase the risk of intercepting which inherently has risks.

The reason I say all this is, if a playstyle requires risk taking, the rewards have to be good too. The foresight node is an excellent example of this. So, if a champion inherently requires you to intercept to get the damage out, then the damage has to be great. From the videos I have seen of his gameplay, his damage is better than it was before, he has gotten some utility added to his kit, but whether the risk/ reward ratio is good enough is the question. if people have used him and not just seen just videos and comments, they can give a clear idea of this.

Let the disagrees come. :D

Thank you bro,bp will never be anyone's first pick for his utility,it's certainly nice to have but excellent mention of the foresight being the example of rewarding that risk. Sure his utility is nice but he isn't the best for anything and in that case we need some damage. I personally have the skill level to use him efficiently but still,my point being I would much rather use different champ cause with buildup like that he should be insane. Proxima for instance only needs a couple intercepts vs bp who needs them the whole fight but at least her damage is more than worth that build up yk? Also she has some amazing underrated utility.
    He doesn't need to be the first pick for his utility. It's just that if you have him, he's an option and if people don't have other options, he can be used.