**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carina's Challenge

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Ya after how poorly the champion boss was received i would bet we never see another true skill based fight that you can’t just revive through

I mean, I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as there continues to be skill based fights it doesn't really matter whether other people can revive through it or not.

You have to understand that some people prefer to play the game by stockpiling units and smashing their way through content stress-free. You don't have to play that way, but the door should be open for those that want to.
    Right, and because of that we will never see another true skill based fight in mcoc. You’re just agreeing with me....
    #RIP6.2.6Champion
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Ya after how poorly the champion boss was received i would bet we never see another true skill based fight that you can’t just revive through

I mean, I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as there continues to be skill based fights it doesn't really matter whether other people can revive through it or not.

You have to understand that some people prefer to play the game by stockpiling units and smashing their way through content stress-free. You don't have to play that way, but the door should be open for those that want to.
    every fight in the game can just be smashed through with units. The door is very much open for those that want to.

There are no fights that are just skill, why can’t the door be open for those who want that?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I like to have a stack of units and not stress when I play hard content either but the Champion boss you couldn't do that haha. I will be open to another test on the level but I still think the champion boss dex window didn't make any sense for the head butt. Thats the only real reason the fight was hard. Anybody who mastered dexing the karate chop destroyed the fight pretty easily.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Right, and because of that we will never see another true skill based fight in mcoc. You’re just agreeing with me....
    Take the grandmaster for example. You can easily take him down with 1000 units and very little skill. However I would still argue it is very much a skill based fight because it can be soloed with skill.

What I'm saying is that for a fight to be skill based, it doesn't have to be impossible to smash through with units and revives.
    Ya I completely disagree, if you just can unit through it easily it’s not a fight that requires any skill
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Whatever it is people will still moan.

In principle I’m glad they have responded with content to challenge people, but await the flood of messages that it’s too hard... I only have 1 r3 6* champ and can’t do it.. even though Kabam been very clear that the content is for end game
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    If I have to rank 4* champs for this I'll be pissed.
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Take the grandmaster for example. You can easily take him down with 1000 units and very little skill. However I would still argue it is very much a skill based fight because it can be soloed with skill.

What I'm saying is that for a fight to be skill based, it doesn't have to be impossible to smash through with units and revives.
    Ya I completely disagree, if you just can unit through it easily it’s not a fight that requires any skill
    I mean I respect your opinion, but that is definitely a weird way of looking at it. So would you say that soloing the GM requires no skill?
    No, i’m saying that to kill the GM requires zero skill. You don’t get anything extra for a solo vs using 20 revives, it’s the same
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

I mean I respect your opinion, but that is definitely a weird way of looking at it. So would you say that soloing the GM requires no skill?
    No, i’m saying that to kill the GM requires zero skill. You don’t get anything extra for a solo vs using 20 revives, it’s the same
    Then that might be the problem. If they could give something extra the less you use

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Then that might be the problem. If they could give something extra the less you use
    the difference between the champion and the grandmaster to me is that champion REQUIRED skill to kill, if you didn't have the skill, you simply would never kill him. Grandmaster does not require any skill to kill
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

the difference between the champion and the grandmaster to me is that champion REQUIRED skill to kill, if you didn't have the skill, you simply would never kill him. Grandmaster does not require any skill to kill
    For 99.9% of the community, the GM requires a lot of skill. It's not practical to unit-man through him.
    Practicality is very different from possibility, I actually kinda agree with @danielmath on this one
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

For 99.9% of the community, the GM requires a lot of skill. It's not practical to unit-man through him.
    It is possible.. which is the whole point. Spend enou
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

i see some regular suspects of the "too ez" brigade complaining about using lower rarities. Dont you want a challenge, haven't you been moaning all over the forums lately? If they give a good challenge it is worth a shot. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

4* challenges are just boring low hanging fruit that few really enjoy from all sides of the community.

I'd much rather have to use OG Spidey to take down V7 Venom or something along those lines. Creativity in challenges will go a long way to making this a success.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

every fight in the game can just be smashed through with units. The door is very much open for those that want to.

There are no fights that are just skill, why can’t the door be open for those who want that?
    Then there needs to be a mode to practice as well. Not everyone wants to run the same lane 50 odd times to then try to reach the last 10% of the Champion and then die due to pre-nerf block damage while trying to improve. I did it pre-nerf before, just saying. And the timing of the dex was weird. Not the same as duels.
    If they want to put pure high skill content without using any units, then there should be a practice mode. And I don't think it should be in story content which is supposed to be the way to progress. Then it just leads to a lot of players not wanting to do content.
  • IKON said:

i see some regular suspects of the "too ez" brigade complaining about using lower rarities. Dont you want a challenge, haven't you been moaning all over the forums lately? If they give a good challenge it is worth a shot. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

4* challenges are just boring low hanging fruit that few really enjoy from all sides of the community.

I'd much rather have to use OG Spidey to take down V7 Venom or something along those lines. Creativity in challenges will go a long way to making this a success.
    Yeah it is a challenge, which is what everyone wanted didnt they? After so much moaning and crying we are getting something. Why this pessimism?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

I have a feeling one will be. Take down abyss thing using a team of 4*. Or even maybe just solo him using anybody.

That's too easy.
    Well now I’m excited. Time to grind TB for access to this!
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Yeah it is a challenge, which is what everyone wanted didnt they? After so much moaning and crying we are getting something. Why this pessimism?
    Can people not be more specific with what they consider challenging and fun?

Why are you the preference police, “nuh uh you said you wanted a challenge, so you can’t be pessimistic”
    Just putting a point. What about the opposite? When others moan about hard content or praise something for being what they consider fun, half the police here come and call everything easy and boring and ruin it for them.