**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Panther Guaranteed Crits Bugged

When intercepting using an L2, BP's abilities read that every hit is guaranteed critical, but this is not working in game.

Comments

• Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of this? Or would you be able to tell us who you were fighting, what mode this was in, and what nodes were active at the time?
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    It was that way in duels and in RoL against Winter Soldier. But you can also see it in Seatin's game play vid that he posted yesterday, I think. He was playing Act 6, RoL, and something else, so it seems to be across content. @Kabam Zibiit
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    edited May 2021
    Rewatching that video it looks like every time he uses L2 without intercepting he gets all crits, but doesn't when intercepting with L2. That seems opposite of what is written. Lol.

I'll have to test that.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
    I thought I was the only one. I can get the sp1 to intercept properly 100% of the time, it’s the sp2 that doesn’t work. Not sure if the window is so small that it feels that it’s an intercept but the game won’t recognize that or if for some reason my skills simply fail on an sp2 only.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    What do you define an intercept as? Often times players have their own definition which doesn’t fit Kabam’s/the game’s definition.

There shouldn't be any real variation.
    It's a special intercept.

So when the AI dashes in with a medium attack and run into your special when it's triggered.... then all the hits should be critical of that special attack....

Did i miss anything?

Just about but with a small nuance, when they dash in, your special attack must interrupt that dash attack to be an intercept. If they finish that medium animation and/or start another animation it is no longer an intercept.

I believe the most literal definition of intercept from Kabam is “interrupting your opponents medium dash in animation.”
    Does take a moment before it connects as seen in these gifs.

A lot of people would call the first an intercept but Sunspot finishes the medium. The second BP gets him just as the animation is ending; before Sunspot’s foot hits the ground signaling the end of his medium.

• The team has looked into this but has not found any issues with the ability. The timing for the ability is precise, but uses the same windows as other intercepts.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

The team has looked into this but has not found any issues with the ability. The timing for the ability is precise, but uses the same windows as other intercepts.

That’s and true he take even more time to do. Not the same so stopped
  • qrlsqrls Posts: 40

The team has looked into this but has not found any issues with the ability. The timing for the ability is precise, but uses the same windows as other intercepts.

Definitely not the same as Tigra's though.
    Tigra's heavy has a very wide window to include every animation that hasn't finished as intercepts.
    qrls said:

Definitely not the same as Tigra's though.
    Tigra's heavy has a very wide window to include every animation that hasn't finished as intercepts.
    Tigra’s heavy attack ability has a different description, “interrupts the opponents attack”. This means if she interrupts any attack animation the ability is triggered whereas BP’s ability is specific to Intercepting which was defined previously.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    I learned about this issue the day his buff dropped and worked for 2 hours trying to figure it out... I finally decided this issue will handicap him too much and so he stays at R3. Too bad... but for me, ANY champ who's kit relies on precise timing like this to trigger an ability is a BIG RED FLAG. And this answer is why... "The timing for the ability is precise, but uses the same windows as other intercepts."

Just like Killmonger can't trigger True Strike no matter what against certain champs SP1's. I don't know if it's just too hard to get it consistent with all the other inconsistencies in animations between champs or some blissful ignorance of that fact (though I don't think that's the case), I wish we could all agree this type of stuff is an ongoing issue and stop making champs kit rely on this kind of mechanic.

But that's just me.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

No. It isn't. The timing is tweaked when compared to other champs. That extra added frame makes his "guaranteed" crits hit and miss.

We've done the footwork to show and prove it needs fixing.

Now this feels like it's going to be completely overlooked. That's just wrong.
    Every champion has those extra animations in their special attacks. Without them you would have a frames worth of time to react to the special making it impossible to either dex or block.