**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carina's Challenge

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

I have a feeling one will be. Take down abyss thing using a team of 4*. Or even maybe just solo him using anybody.

That's too easy.
    Ok then. Easiest challenge to be apart of carinas challenge. Solo every single act6 boss in a row. One long quest. One lane. Global nodes of each quest are included on each of their. respective boss.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

I have a feeling one will be. Take down abyss thing using a team of 4*. Or even maybe just solo him using anybody.

That's too easy.
    Now you’ve got me really intrigued
  • IKON said:

i see some regular suspects of the "too ez" brigade complaining about using lower rarities. Dont you want a challenge, haven't you been moaning all over the forums lately? If they give a good challenge it is worth a shot. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

4* challenges are just boring low hanging fruit that few really enjoy from all sides of the community.

I'd much rather have to use OG Spidey to take down V7 Venom or something along those lines. Creativity in challenges will go a long way to making this a success.
    Yeah it is a challenge, which is what everyone wanted didnt they? After so much moaning and crying we are getting something. Why this pessimism?
    Can people not be more specific with what they consider challenging and fun?

Why are you the preference police, “nuh uh you said you wanted a challenge, so you can’t be pessimistic”
    well then continue crying. You dont want to wait, you dont want a kabam challenge, then continue bawling all over the forums. Be my guest. Dont expect a tissue from me.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★

IKON said:

i see some regular suspects of the "too ez" brigade complaining about using lower rarities. Dont you want a challenge, haven't you been moaning all over the forums lately? If they give a good challenge it is worth a shot. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

4* challenges are just boring low hanging fruit that few really enjoy from all sides of the community.

I'd much rather have to use OG Spidey to take down V7 Venom or something along those lines. Creativity in challenges will go a long way to making this a success.
    Yeah it is a challenge, which is what everyone wanted didnt they? After so much moaning and crying we are getting something. Why this pessimism?

Why are you the preference police, “nuh uh you said you wanted a challenge, so you can’t be pessimistic”
    Just putting a point. What about the opposite? When others moan about hard content or praise something for being what they consider fun, half the police here come and call everything easy and boring and ruin it for them.
    Because there’s a difference between what you claim end game players are doing and what non end game players are doing.

When content comes out that is too easy for end game players and doesn’t challenge us, we give our feedback, variant 7 is too easy, it’s not a challenge, we would like something harder. We never say “all content should be hard, there shouldn’t be no middle tier, you have no right to enjoy variant content” etc. We just want our fair slice of the pie.

But when we ask for that, the same suspects every time come forward and say the same arguments, just use 4*, just play the game and enjoy it, take a break.

We never come and tell people how to play the game, and anyone who does, is being unfair. We are giving our feedback that content isn’t challenging us and we are bored, I’ve never seen someone say this is boring anyone who enjoys it is wrong, only that their opinion is they want some harder content.

All we want is a challenge, one that inspires us to play new strategies, learn new skills and something we find fun. But when we say, oh a 4* challenge doesn’t do that for us, it’s just using the same champions with a weakness, we get scoffed at again like oh can’t you enjoy anything stop being so pessimistic.

It’s really draining when we’re just giving feedback on how we would enjoy a game we love
    Other than a few changes which were made to the bosses in Act 6, the only thing that differs from the initial Act 6 is the attack values. Yet everyone praises it as if it were the coming of the Lord or something. The nodes are the same. But I see a ton of endgame players compare everything to Act 6.
    Also, yes I agree that the Endgame players do deserve content to keep them entertained. But that doesn't mean that anytime content drops and someone finds it hard/fun but it's easy for them, the thread is hijacked, compared to Act 6 and all in general moaned about. Let people have their fun.
    Kabam needs to give you guys something to enjoy too, but noone needs to ruin others fun at the same time. Just as the same that you shouldn't be denied your fun, no need to say everything is too easy all the time. If Kabam makes pure content just for you and the non endgamers complain, then yes smack them all you want. But that shouldn't be in story mode anyway
  • IKON said:

well then continue crying. You dont want to wait, you dont want a kabam challenge, then continue bawling all over the forums. Be my guest. Dont expect a tissue from me.
    If you’d like to, please point out where I’ve said I’m not looking forward to the challenge to see what it’s like?

I’m just backing other people and that they’re allowed to say they don’t like 4* challenges without you telling them they can’t have preferences.
    Likewise, point out to me where I've told them they cant have preferences. You have backed the typical moaners of the too ez crowd, those who are already pessimistic about the challenge, all i did was ask them about it. You take offense to that, too bad. Well, you cant tell me not to have preferences as well.
    I am optimistic about the challenge, i think it will be quite fun, at least that's what i hope.
    Every time these content is too easy threads come up, people have said they don’t like 4* challenges. Then, when Kabam announce something that seems like it could be a 4* challenge, you’re telling people not to moan about 4* challenges.
    Not moan about challenges and make assumptions. Well im done explaining, if you do want to see the world through teary eyes i cant help you there.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

That's too easy.
    Facts lol 4* way too easy
  • IKON said:

If you’d like to, please point out where I’ve said I’m not looking forward to the challenge to see what it’s like?

I’m just backing other people and that they’re allowed to say they don’t like 4* challenges without you telling them they can’t have preferences.
    Likewise, point out to me where I've told them they cant have preferences. You have backed the typical moaners of the too ez crowd, those who are already pessimistic about the challenge, all i did was ask them about it. You take offense to that, too bad. Well, you cant tell me not to have preferences as well.
    I am optimistic about the challenge, i think it will be quite fun, at least that's what i hope.
    Every time these content is too easy threads come up, people have said they don’t like 4* challenges. Then, when Kabam announce something that seems like it could be a 4* challenge, you’re telling people not to moan about 4* challenges.
    Not moan about challenges and make assumptions. Well im done explaining, if you do want to see the world through teary eyes i cant help you there.
    This has the same energy as when a child says “what, you gonna cry? Crybaby gonna cry?”
    yep, right back at you.

IKON said:

And considering that most of the people he's referring to have said they want something to do with the 6* rosters they've built to this point, he doesn't even have a legitimate point.
    you have not even seen the challenge. You have assumed your theoretical worst and continued to complain.
    How about, do 6.4.4 vivified lane without quake ghost or g99, have you thought about it? No. Hey it is not gonna be a challenge to mr high and mighty, lets continue griefing the forums.
    Lol first off it’s 6.4.5, and second off this would be easy with starky and shehulk team.
    Semantics. I'm not making the challenges.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

IKON said:

And considering that most of the people he's referring to have said they want something to do with the 6* rosters they've built to this point, he doesn't even have a legitimate point.
    you have not even seen the challenge. You have assumed your theoretical worst and continued to complain.
    How about, do 6.4.4 vivified lane without quake ghost or g99, have you thought about it? No. Hey it is not gonna be a challenge to mr high and mighty, lets continue griefing the forums.
    Lol first off it’s 6.4.5, and second off this would be easy with starky and shehulk team.
    Don't forget Prof X. Mind control go brrr
  • Wicket329 said:

@pseudosane Why are you so angry? Nobody’s coming for you, but you came into this thread real hot and it’s not the first time. I guess I’m a part of your “too ez brigade,” and I’m not sure what I’ve done to offend you so much.

I have made it abundantly clear that I, and the majority of people who agree with me, don’t have any issue with Story and Variant content being at their current levels. We just want something else *in addition to that content* that lets us use the champions that we’ve worked to collect and rank up.

The reason people are pessimistic about this Challenge is because it is not new content. In their own words, Kabam has said that this Challenge will have us revisiting old content. Personally, I believe that there is some potential here and it could work out well. I’ve said as much in a previous post on this thread, if you chose to read that before posting with such vitriol.

But I also understand people who had been hoping for this event, which appears to be the much-awaited Summer of Pain, to be new content in its own right. Because, again, simply using lower rarity champions against the same fights is not something that I (or most of the others in my toon troop or whatever cutesie name you want to call us) find enjoyable.

In any event, I’m looking forward to it. I still hope for new content that pushes a 6*r3 roster to its limit, but this, tomorrow’s new EQ, Act 7.2 and exploration of Variant 7 give me plenty to do in the meantime.

The territory comes with the name my man. >.< I am pseudosane.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

@pseudosane Why are you so angry? Nobody’s coming for you, but you came into this thread real hot and it’s not the first time. I guess I’m a part of your “too ez brigade,” and I’m not sure what I’ve done to offend you so much.

I have made it abundantly clear that I, and the majority of people who agree with me, don’t have any issue with Story and Variant content being at their current levels. We just want something else *in addition to that content* that lets us use the champions that we’ve worked to collect and rank up.

The reason people are pessimistic about this Challenge is because it is not new content. In their own words, Kabam has said that this Challenge will have us revisiting old content. Personally, I believe that there is some potential here and it could work out well. I’ve said as much in a previous post on this thread, if you chose to read that before posting with such vitriol.

But I also understand people who had been hoping for this event, which appears to be the much-awaited Summer of Pain, to be new content in its own right. Because, again, simply using lower rarity champions against the same fights is not something that I (or most of the others in my toon troop or whatever cutesie name you want to call us) find enjoyable.

In any event, I’m looking forward to it. I still hope for new content that pushes a 6*r3 roster to its limit, but this, tomorrow’s new EQ, Act 7.2 and exploration of Variant 7 give me plenty to do in the meantime.

What about what @Wicket329 actually said?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Haji_Saab said:

Personally, I don’t mind 4* challenges .. but if they are niche, 4* rank up gems need to become common or better yet, remove the t4cc usage from 6* when we are already using a t5cc

This has always been my biggest gripe. Forcing people to divert t4b and t1a which are hard for many to come by for these challenges can be frustrating. Give us more opportunities for 4* rank up gems and it alleviates that. It lacks creativity, but at least resources are less of an issue.
    I’d love to be able to rank up 4* I enjoy playing for the challenges, but finding t4cc hard to come by for my 6* means I can’t warrant using the resources on them.

I’d love to have a 4* 3-4 and 4-5 gem for completing the challenges
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

What about what @Wicket329 actually said?
    Well, I disagree on all points, but i have made that abundantly clear. I find challenge in using different options for existing fights, using less conventional options, running multiple options with different solutions. I have always held that viewpoint.
    If you read my previous posts, 6r3 have never been of much value to me, ive always believed they designed themselves into a corner with 6r3.
    Ive done all content already, and have my fun with other accounts.
    I hold an optimistic view to challenges and content and wait till they are released to make a judgement.
    No, I do not like enhanced attack values.
    Yes, i like existing content, and further limiting our options is fun to me, as it adds a layer of complexity and difficulty.
    Yes, I can wait for SUmmer of Pain, im in no hurry since im working on Account nr2 exploration of act6.
    Yes, I dislike the too ez brigade because they are the same troop of people who seem to sneer on folks for finding a hard time through content.
    Have any more questions?
    I’m not going to tell you that you’re way of enjoying the game is wrong, I’m glad those things work for you! I do want to address some of your points, however:

You don’t have to wait for Summer of Pain, because that’s what this is. If you look at the text they used to initially market SoP and the text they used to describe Carina’s Challenge, you’ll notice they bear a striking similarity. I believe that’s what this is, and it’s why some of us are a bit disappointed that it isn’t new content. That doesn’t make it inherently bad, just different from what we’d hoped for.

I also like the existing content, that’s why I’ve done it all (except exploration of most recent variant). But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for players of a game that receives monthly updates to content to... ask for an update to content every now and again.

I’ve got a second account but I don’t find it to be terribly fun. I pop in every now and again to make progress, but it’s been years and I barely play it. I’m glad you enjoy the alt grind, but it’s just not my thing.

As to your last point, that the brute squad (I decided to make your rude name into a Princess Bride reference and nobody can stop me) sneers at people struggling with other content... I just don’t see it, dude. I make a point to try to help people out wherever I can on here. I struggled through a lot of content as it was released, now I like to help other people with what I’ve learned as a result. I don’t know who specifically you’re referring to when you say that, but it seems pretty unfounded.