**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who would be the best R3 6* rank up?

2»

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Unduped Colossus but I can use a gem It just would be low sig.
    Man speaks more facts than all you chumps combined.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I’m confused as to how people can vote sunspot over aa

I get it, sunspot is a cool champ. I don’t understand the colossus w/ a gem lol.
    Duped colossus is also very good. All 3 options are good.
    With a gem, when you have two viable amazing options without gems. I’m not doubting colossus, also a very good champion.
    I would use a gem on colossus without thinking twice. He's worth it.
    That’s tongue in cheek btw. I don’t really care 😂
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I get it, sunspot is a cool champ. I don’t understand the colossus w/ a gem lol.
    With a gem, when you have two viable amazing options without gems. I’m not doubting colossus, also a very good champion.
    Idk there depending on roster/size there are a few mutants that need the gem more. But obviously if those mutants are on the roster and awakened then definitely. I don’t think he needs his signature ability as much as others.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Idk there depending on roster/size there are a few mutants that need the gem more. But obviously if those mutants are on the roster and awakened then definitely. I don’t think he needs his signature ability as much as others.
    Archangel is already duped. I can think of only omega red and namor who need it more.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Archangel is already duped. I can think of only omega red and namor who need it more.
    DPX, okay that’s a troll haha...so for this post and question omega red and namor aren’t even mentioned. I would hold a mutant gem for either of those over colossus. Although, if taking to rank 3 I would use a gem on any champion. So if I had Apoc and was taking him to rank 3 I would awaken him. Obviously that’s beyond the “who needs it most” argument.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Duped ArchAngel
    I get that some people really like Sunspot, and he's not a bad champ by any means, but I would probably take Rogue to R3 before Sunspot. Just my opinion, the utility Sunspot has is not utility I find I typically need.
  • ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 113
    Duped ArchAngel
    I had a R2 Sunspot and a mutant AG/T5C. I pulled Archangel from my Act 6 exploration rewards and within a week he was duped R3 sig 43. Did not think twice about it.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Maybe I should have noted that I have them all as 5* maxed out as well so it's basically who would benefit more from being R3. If that makes a difference. They all already wreck as is.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Thanks everyone for posting. Ill probably go for AA. Just needed some reassuring on my big decision lol.

Berjibs said:

Man speaks more facts than all you chumps combined.

Rnt u the same guy who thinks torch is the best science in game?

Defo be the last science champ I’d give up.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    DNA3000 said:

I get that some people really like Sunspot, and he's not a bad champ by any means, but I would probably take Rogue to R3 before Sunspot. Just my opinion, the utility Sunspot has is not utility I find I typically need.

Are you saying you already didn't have a 6* r3 Rogue?
  • ScrubhanScrubhan Posts: 159
    Sunspot for prestige. Aa for usability.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    This shouldn’t even be a question, AA is in a completely different league than these 2 mutants.
  • FancysonFancyson Posts: 75
    edited May 2021
    Duped ArchAngel
    Short answer, AA. He shuts down so many fights and is extremely reliable in act 6, act 7, aw etc.
    But sunspot isn't out of the question at all. His prestiege is the 2nd best in the game for 6 star rank 3, he's very good in his own right and he's also a blast to play.
    It really depends how much you value the enjoyment of their playstyles and their prestiege regardless of AA being the more useful champion overall.
    Edit: I wouldn't even consider colossus just because he is unawakened and you would need to use a gem. He's great, but not worth that investment over either of your other options.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    Has to be AA unless you got a bunch of sig stones and like colossus's play style, then awaken and sig him up
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Duped Sunspot

AGYAAT said:

Although this may be surprising, 100% AAR>Perfect Block.

I know. Shocking.

I think some utility like perfect block, many incinerate and damage is enough to vote for someone.. I'm not saying sunspot, I meant Say that AA is not like too good as compare to other 2 option

You AA is usability comes with some restrictions (opponent's immunity and some other node where you need immunity to play that match)
    You guys are just mad about AAR and you can't even mention any scenario where you need AA so badly (I already asked you for that) that's pretty proves that are just some younglings who don't know about anything and they are just flowing with mob..
    You don't have any argument but you are still trying prove yourselves
    Mags also has some restrictions... does that make him trash. Also Quake is the best champ in game in part due to her 100% AA reduction, r u saying that's better than some hard hitting specials?
    I also don't think mags will be the best option for r3 if someone have more choices in that class, because I don't think mags really need r3 for what he does (against metal).. believe or not R5 5* mags is enough for 95% matchups where you need him so it would be better to use resources on something else..

So many comments came after my opinion but no one had mentioned any scenario where they badly need AA for AAR.. they just think aar will be useful because it's looks cool but if you have developed rosters then you will have many alternatives for any matchups...
    I have r4 AA and took him to r4 only because of one fight because at that time I don't had any good counter for wolverine (weapon x) in 7.1 exploration.. then I haven't used him anywhere (including for weapon x) because now I have warlock for passing heal block
    Can anyone tell about any scenario where AA saved your a** or you are one of those who think AAR looks cool to have in a r3?
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Duped Sunspot
    DNA3000 said:

Yeah everyone can have different opinions, sunspot has incinerate immunity, perfect block and easy excess to debuff (one of the best for diss track), power Gain, passive prowess (useful in some scenario if I'm not wrong)+ top tire damage output

But he doesn't have power control and small regeneration like rouge thus you can say that he doesn't have any utility...rough has something more in her kit (I would like use a mystic champ for buff control)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    AA should easily take this. He is objectively better than the other two but the other two still are banging, top-tier mutants. Don't hate on them.

(An interesting question would be AA vs Omega)
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    AGYAAT said:

Although this may be surprising, 100% AAR>Perfect Block.

I know. Shocking.

I think some utility like perfect block, many incinerate and damage is enough to vote for someone.. I'm not saying sunspot, I meant Say that AA is not like too good as compare to other 2 option

You AA is usability comes with some restrictions (opponent's immunity and some other node where you need immunity to play that match)
    You guys are just mad about AAR and you can't even mention any scenario where you need AA so badly (I already asked you for that) that's pretty proves that are just some younglings who don't know about anything and they are just flowing with mob..
    You don't have any argument but you are still trying prove yourselves
    Alright bud. Gonna stop you right here. AA reduces ability accuracy, and is immune to AAR, has insane DOT damage, perhaps the best, and if the opponent is immune then well- dont use AA.... and as for sunspot, has damage, incinerates that do nothing, perfect block, and incinerate immunity and high prestige. Prestige is really the only reason to r3 sunspot, but if he wants the best of the 3, AA is the fastest, most useful awakened since colossus is unawakened, and really good for general questing, saves a lot of time. Shuts down so many nodes with his poisons, and is just insane overall. Sunspot has the damage, just not the utility to compete with AA or colossus.
  • KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Duped ArchAngel
    AA is God
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Duped ArchAngel
    Also would sa
    AGYAAT said:

DNA3000 said:

Yeah everyone can have different opinions, sunspot has incinerate immunity, perfect block and easy excess to debuff (one of the best for diss track), power Gain, passive prowess (useful in some scenario if I'm not wrong)+ top tire damage output

But he doesn't have power control and small regeneration like rouge thus you can say that he doesn't have any utility...rough has something more in her kit (I would like use a mystic champ for buff control)
    For an endgame player, you’re saying sunspot is better than a colossus that can be awakened and an archangel that is also awakened? I understand you have an opinion, but that isn’t fact for the question being asked.