**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rehabbing Iron Fist via Synergy

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Is there an ongoing effort to restore some measure of relevance to Iron Fist through synergy additions?

New synergies with OGBP and Shang-Chi seem to be aimed at boosting the attack of IF through armor break enhancements and guaranteed crits.

It’s a start, but with a long way left to go. If this is the route the team is taking, I would suggest a couple of things:

1) Durability is a big concern with Iron Fist. His armor rating is literally 0. Perhaps retooling some of his core synergies (Cage, DD) to help with durability (armor, life steal, regen—anything) would be an additional route to consider. The current Heroes for Hire synergy is pretty feeble.

2) The Nova synergy is nice but feels impractical. Theoretically, perma-stun is possible, but slapping a stunned opponent well past Sp3 is a tactic best reserved for the likes of Doom and awakened Ronan. Also, it requires you to bring Nova. Maybe the stuns could be passive stuns after x stacked armor breaks? Maybe ABs could reduce/reverse power gain a la Void?

3) The Super-Skrull synergy is interesting, but I’m not sure it’s working exactly as described. Also, if nullify is going to be part of his kit, it might make sense to do something more with the Chi strike heavy mechanic. As it stands now, my limited testing hasn’t found an ideal use for it, and it appears limited to the first 4 ABs only. Other champs get unlimited nullify/stagger.

I welcome efforts to rebuild Iron Fist. If this is a broader attempt, bring it on. But there are probably other ways the current synergies could be tweaked to make the champ more playable.

Any input appreciated—if I’m missing something, I’d love to learn.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    I'm glad he's getting synergies that give him a little bit of use. Hopefully they're being forward-designed, so as to fit in with a future redesign. But I suspect that'll turn out not to be the case...

As you're suggesting yourself Dr. Zola, he needs a full-on Overhaul, not just a few synergies.

If you're interested, here's a suggestion I'd placed in the Champion Redesign Thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1125197/#Comment_1125197
  • Options

I'm glad he's getting synergies that give him a little bit of use. Hopefully they're being forward-designed, so as to fit in with a future redesign. But I suspect that'll turn out not to be the case...

As you're suggesting yourself Dr. Zola, he needs a full-on Overhaul, not just a few synergies.

If you're interested, here's a suggestion I'd placed in the Champion Redesign Thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1125197/#Comment_1125197

I saw that and I liked it. He needs a full revamp, but I’m at least pleased he’s getting some attention.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Synergies are nice but this is someone who definitely benefits from a rework
  • Options

Definitely. Which is why it seems a little odd to me to have him be a party to synergies like these. It is hard to see them remaining once he’s given the long-awaited full update.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Definitely. Which is why it seems a little odd to me to have him be a party to synergies like these. It is hard to see them remaining once he’s given the long-awaited full update.

Dr. Zola
    Well as we've seen with the last couple of overhauls, they will change the synergies as needed
  • Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    I got a 6 star so I would appreciate a complete rework. But honestly the Champ is about as lacklustre as the TV show (and his portrayal in the show). I'd rather like to see LC or the Punisher improved based on the great show characters.