**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spiderman in cavalier quest 1 is stupid hard and he evades venom [merged]

Comments

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    SWORD78 said:

You’ll need an evade counter that doesn’t rely on buffs or decreased ability accuracy due to the nodes. Some champs that could work

Killmonger, Nick fury, Red guardian, stealth spidey, black Panther classic (with killmonger synergy), spider Gwen, she hulk, Yellowjacket, Jabari Panther, hit monkey, crossbones, moleman, professor X

Nick doesn’t work well because of Pilfer
    Nick works...just used him for that fight...u gotta let the power snack eat a dex and then trigger ur second life...although I am pretty sure u can do that fight with him in his first life as well...just build to almost 2 bars and throw 2 sp1 in quick succession...after that just play normally and keep throwing sp1....fury will remain above 5 charges
  • Zizi1002Zizi1002 Posts: 99
    All imma say is ghost, if you don't have her 😶 hope you get her soon for reasons like this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Catmanndo said:

This is just an annoying design, sorry but I said it. Challenging is good, but there’s no fun watching every counter, get countered in this fight.

Actually, just from looking at the fight it doesn't look like he "counters every counter." Some things people used to mindlessly rely upon don't work in the same way in that fight, but Falcon's DAAR is still high enough to suppress a lot of evades, and Nick also works although you lose his second life fury unless you play with power snack's timeout. And there's a tactical option built into the fight as well with Bullet Time. I would not expect a beginning player to be able to think through a fight this complex, but I would expect Cavalier players to be able to at least make an honest effort at it. It actually looks like an interesting fight to me: I wonder if I can one-shot it.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

You’ll need an evade counter that doesn’t rely on buffs or decreased ability accuracy due to the nodes. Some champs that could work

Killmonger, Nick fury, Red guardian, stealth spidey, black Panther classic (with killmonger synergy), spider Gwen, she hulk, Yellowjacket, Jabari Panther, hit monkey, crossbones, moleman, professor X

I don't think champs with slow will work. Due to the increased Ability Accuracy
    Slow still works I believe, same way that it works when the champion is on force of will. Ability accuracy immune champions are still affected by slow as well.
    Force if Will works differently I believe. Because if you fight 6.2.6 Champion with increased Ability accuracy, even with slow on him, he goes unstoppable.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I don't think champs with slow will work. Due to the increased Ability Accuracy
    Slow still works I believe, same way that it works when the champion is on force of will. Ability accuracy immune champions are still affected by slow as well.
    Force if Will works differently I believe. Because if you fight 6.2.6 Champion with increased Ability accuracy, even with slow on him, he goes unstoppable.
    Yes he goes unstoppable, but the effect of unstoppable still doesn’t trigger. The buff itself triggers, but he isn’t unstoppable
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    If you can re-parry anyone can do him, get those charges, dex and push him to sp2 using heavies to push him to the other side of the screen
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Are we all talking about the same fight here? The Spider-Man in Cav EQ 1.1 has Bullet Time. That’s the easiest node. Just parry and re-parry until the opponent has at least 8 evade charges or so and then dex an attack. Spider-Man will be stunned for a very long time. Can’t evade if you’re stunned.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

Catmanndo said:

This is just an annoying design, sorry but I said it. Challenging is good, but there’s no fun watching every counter, get countered in this fight.

Actually, just from looking at the fight it doesn't look like he "counters every counter." Some things people used to mindlessly rely upon don't work in the same way in that fight, but Falcon's DAAR is still high enough to suppress a lot of evades, and Nick also works although you lose his second life fury unless you play with power snack's timeout. And there's a tactical option built into the fight as well with Bullet Time. I would not expect a beginning player to be able to think through a fight this complex, but I would expect Cavalier players to be able to at least make an honest effort at it. It actually looks like an interesting fight to me: I wonder if I can one-shot it.
    Answer: not cold apparently. My spiderman skills were a bit too rusty, but I did get him down itemless. Apocalypse was good, but actually anything can bring him down with a bit of practice. Falcon works - but can't shut down evade completely, Nick works, but I slipped up. Heck I took a giant chunk out of him with Torch (who I was using for the path) who is not an evade counter.

This is not a ridiculously difficult fight. It is a moderately complex fight. It is actually designed well, as there's a skill path with the passive stun, and evade counters still work they just aren't 100% effective anymore so you have to be on your guard more. And power snack can actually work for you, by making it easier to push him to SP2 which is easier to evade. I mean, three years ago this would have been a ridiculous fight, but in today's context it is 5/10.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    iBom pounding the block and landing a few hits poisoned 85% if that Spidey for me.

Venom did the rest.

Dr. Zola
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

Catmanndo said:

@BitterSteel please post your video with your epic one shot boss victory

https://youtu.be/PM9Kr1fbMmA

There you go chief. My epic one shot boss victory as promised.

Can use literally just any champion, Cap Iw isn’t an evade counter.
    🤣
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 108 ★★

I hate to admit, but Quake is probably the easiest solution.

no when you evade he will gain power
    He gains power only the first dex u use, after that he will no longer gain power like on buffet
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 108 ★★
    Fabwizi said:

Well I have done 100% on last 2 cavs, I do agree my spiderman skills may not be best , but the fight is really hard for a cav quest.

Just seeing the nodes it does not seem bad but when playing it it's rough.

I am pretty sure the crossbones fight in 6.1.5 was way harder and they had to do that to become cavalier so if u are cavalier u should have some skill to strategize how to do fights at this point.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

MOLEMAN NEGATES EVADE below some amount (I think 6) monster mass. Give him a shot.

Below 10. He’s a good option.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★

Fabwizi said:

Well I have done 100% on last 2 cavs, I do agree my spiderman skills may not be best , but the fight is really hard for a cav quest.

It’s a test of how well you can fight, it’s nothing insanely difficult it’s all about bringing the right counter and knowing how the nodes interact. I think it’s probably more difficult than some other months Cav EQ first quest bosses, but really, if you can handle getting Cav you can handle this! Keep trying, you got this!
    But you don’t even need to bring a counter for the fight. Any champion can do it. Build up the evade charges as high as you can go. Dex once and BAM! Opponent is stun locked for a long time. The more evade charges you build the longer Spider-Man is stunned. You can stun lock him for a whole minute or longer. By then, he easily goes down with any champion.

Fabwizi said:

It’s a test of how well you can fight, it’s nothing insanely difficult it’s all about bringing the right counter and knowing how the nodes interact. I think it’s probably more difficult than some other months Cav EQ first quest bosses, but really, if you can handle getting Cav you can handle this! Keep trying, you got this!
    But you don’t even need to bring a counter for the fight. Any champion can do it. Build up the evade charges as high as you can go. Dex once and BAM! Opponent is stun locked for a long time. The more evade charges you build the longer Spider-Man is stunned. You can stun lock him for a whole minute or longer. By then, he easily goes down with any champion.
    I know, did you see my video above?

I said all about bringing the right counter (to stop his evade) and knowing how the nodes interact (building up bullet time). Looking back I could have been a little clearer lol
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Parry a bunch of times, rack up those charges, when you dex he’ll be passively stunned and the length of the stun will depend on how many charges you have. From there you can just go to town.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Ghost worked for me
    https://youtu.be/aJDb8czBUe8
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

Parry a bunch of times, rack up those charges, when you dex he’ll be passively stunned and the length of the stun will depend on how many charges you have. From there you can just go to town.

You can do this with literally any champ in the game
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Ofc there are champs that can counter the evade well.

But you can do that fight with basicly everyone.

Parry reparry a few times. Dex. Hit him.

You can also push him to SP2 with the long stun timer on the node if you parry 5-6 times.

Workes pretty good with Ghost.

Don't expect every boss to roll over and die from alone.

See this fight as something that tests your reparry skills.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Fabwizi said:

I did it itemless finally with SPX

By the way I may be cav but I do not have units or vast roster..and not everyone's skill is the same.

I playing a game here and not participating in Olympics.

Which is exactly why a fight like this is so good- it gives you an opportunity to improve in a certain aspect or skill. Complaining that it's a garbage fight is not the same as saying you don't have the skill to do it. All a matter of perspective I suppose
    Yeah, it just makes me sigh that in the first hour of EQ being live we get people complaining that their counters don’t work from their first try.

If your A team don’t work, maybe try your B team, or a specific counter, or ask for help. Not everything is too hard just because you can’t do it.