**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carina's Challenge

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

Solo abyss collector using your r3 6* Morningstar for 3 t5cc selectors. Man im gonna have a blast on that one

That's too easy.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    What are the objectives? I'm cavalier but curious to know.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Will be live in 1h 40m
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Ya after how poorly the champion boss was received i would bet we never see another true skill based fight that you can’t just revive through

I mean, I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as there continues to be skill based fights it doesn't really matter whether other people can revive through it or not.

You have to understand that some people prefer to play the game by stockpiling units and smashing their way through content stress-free. You don't have to play that way, but the door should be open for those that want to.
    Right, and because of that we will never see another true skill based fight in mcoc. You’re just agreeing with me....
    Take the grandmaster for example. You can easily take him down with 1000 units and very little skill. However I would still argue it is very much a skill based fight because it can be soloed with skill.

What I'm saying is that for a fight to be skill based, it doesn't have to be impossible to smash through with units and revives.
    Ya I completely disagree, if you just can unit through it easily it’s not a fight that requires any skill
    I mean I respect your opinion, but that is definitely a weird way of looking at it. So would you say that soloing the GM requires no skill?
    No, i’m saying that to kill the GM requires zero skill. You don’t get anything extra for a solo vs using 20 revives, it’s the same
    Then that might be the problem. If they could give something extra the less you use
    the difference between the champion and the grandmaster to me is that champion REQUIRED skill to kill, if you didn't have the skill, you simply would never kill him. Grandmaster does not require any skill to kill
    That's actually not exactly true. If you were willing to spend enough, you could get lucky and beat him even if you didn't really have the timing down right. If the Champion was 100% pure skill, then the lowered indestructible charge version wouldn't be any less of a skill challenge, because it is impossible for more charges to require skill but fewer to not require skill at all. What more charges does is make it exponentially more difficult to spend past the Champion, not make it impossible to spend past him.

It is precisely the fact that you can get lucky through constant repetition that is why I opposed reducing the indestructible charges. It lowers the luck barrier too low in my opinion compared to the level of skill required to get past it. But even in his original incarnation, if you wanted to spend an unlimited amount of units just constantly reviving and trying, you would eventually get lucky with the dexes enough times in a row to get past him.

Things are rarely completely binary in this game.There is nowhere that spending doesn't offer some kind of advantage, not even in the Champion fight. This was even one of my complaints in the OG 7.1 beta: that some paths were not impossible to beat, but were just causing me to stop and restart enough times that I couldn't even be sure myself if I was beating them with skill or with luck when it came to certain problematic fights. Which is not ideal for difficulty design.
    The Champion fight is over inflated on the skill aspect. Yes, it requires some skill but they artificially made the dex of the headbutt way harder to catch the input than it should be. Others weren't even aware at the time that you can simply dex the karate chop. We need to stop making it the pedestal of skill. Really all we want is content worthy of our rank 6 stars and that's long and short of it. I don't mind using other rarities outside of 4 stars. I refuse to waste any resources on those champions.
    Such content is going to be very rare until more than a handful of people have a significant number of R3s, and by the time that happens R4s are going to be imminent if not already here. That's just the practical reality. Even these objectives are probably end game stop gaps (as they are stated to reuse existing content) specifically because the resources to make such content are very high relative to the amount of people who could possibly benefit from it.
    The new Dev Diaries says you were totally wrong as well. Just wanted to point that out since it's clear we're getting what we have been asking for.

In another thread you said that I don't have the evidence or the data to prove that I was right. Well there goes your data as well.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Will be live in 1h 40m

Wouldn't it arrive when solo objectives usually refresh. Which would be like 40mins from now?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Will be live in 1h 40m

Wouldn't it arrive when solo objectives usually refresh. Which would be like 40mins from now?
    No, it’s live in 1:40
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

H3t3r said:

Will be live in 1h 40m

No, it’s live in 1:40
    Link?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

undefined

DrZola said:

Gmonkey said:

i like the 4* challenges, i rank mostly 4* these days and the occasional 6*

T4cc and t4basic are hard to come by for top 90 aq and higher war. I do not like wasting those resources when t5basic is in overflow.
    i'm top 20 aq and tier 1 war so i'm aware of the resource situation, but like i said i mostly rank 4* these days to make the 4* basic arena faster for me
    Ranking 4*, especially to hit Level Up milestones, is my go-to rankup these days. I’m done with all 2* and nearly done with all 3*, although I have a few left to top off for Level Up where needed.

They are resource-cheap—which means I can stockpile resources to add to my 5/6* roster if new content demand—and they can be used in Cav 4* challenge when it comes around.

Dr. Zola
    How'm you get the appropriate ISO to rank up 4* over 5* and 6*?
    Not sure I understand—I play quests, I open crystals with duplicate champs, those duplicates provide class ISO and gold. I use those resources to rank 4* unless I have a compelling case to rank a 5/6*.

Dr. Zola
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Will be live in 1h 40m

@will-o-wisp Is this you saying this because they gave you more info as a Guardian, or are you just basing this on some kind of in-game intuition?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    Here is the Eastern Timezone of the US everything either drops at 1pm or 3pm. Seeing as it’s already 1:55pm I’d also guess that we still have an hour to wait.
  • Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 166
    Wow can't wait I mean the reward for doing it all in 30 days.. a profile pic.. doesn't get better than that
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 362 ★★★

Hey all, it's a little later than what you've been guessing, but if you keep your eye on our Content Creators Channels, you might get a preview pretty soon!

Is it comig today ?
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Hey all, it's a little later than what you've been guessing, but if you keep your eye on our Content Creators Channels, you might get a preview pretty soon!

Hey Kabam Miike, just wondering if this and the other new promised content are permanent, or is it not decided yet?
    Elwind said:

Is it comig today ?
    Yeah it's coming today but I am assuming he meant it will come later today

Hey Kabam Miike, just wondering if this and the other new promised content are permanent, or is it not decided yet?
    Objectives are permanent
    Well that's awesome!!!
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

What time is this out?

Less than a minute

P.S May be wrong
  • Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    It isnt out
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Well the videos are out.

Are you happy now?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Looks interesting, guess I’ll have to start ranking up some of the champions necessary. Hope we get some rank up gems somewhere as rewards for different events