**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: Spring into Summer 2021

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

New game modes ...

Don't know how to feel about that one. The game is already too time consuming as it is, and having more content that will likely "force" us to play every X days or so might be a bit too much

I was thinking the exact same thing. I know people will say it's optional and no one is forcing you to do it and all that stuff, but adding permanent content makes me happy, adding content that resets every week or every month actually makes me a little nervous. Hopefully, with the reduced number of arenas, the milestones are quick and easy to get so that we have time to play the other modes.
    Yeah. The rapid added content might get to me. May be time to drop down on alliance content if it gets too much
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    first of, the thing I don`t really like is the PROLOGUE INITIATIVE part. Making the initial part of the game faster will only create more intitled new players who want a 6 star in their first week, who do not have the skill for later chapters, because some things take time to learn instead of a tutorial.

second is the arena's. I think the idea about the way to obtain the basic and featured champs is great. But if I read it correctly there is 1 arena where I can use my 4 stars in to get units. And the other two arenas require my 4/5/6 champions. It is stated that we will still can get the same amount of units (even 5 more) but I am afraid it will be harder to obtain them, even for someone that has 15 teams of all rarities for arena. I don`t mind if I do not get all milestones, since I do not do the summoner trials and only sometimes the 3 star arena. So I hope I can still get my ~405 units I get now from the 30 milestones in the basic, and featured arenas. Within the same amount of rounds.
    But that is something that can only be judged when the arena's go live. And I am really looking forward to them.

Third. PLEASE NO RELICS!!!!!!
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    I think kang will be the boss in 7.3
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    I love the idea of relics. Lots of potential.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Having the 6* and 5* in the same arena cutoff is bad. Whales will push the cutoffs too high, top 100 for the 6* isn’t enough. Mark my word, first one the cutoff for the 5* feature will break 100m.

Not looking forward to “gear” being added to the game.

The rest looks like good fluff.

The arena stuff I don't have much of an opinion on since when I do feel like running arena I only go for the milestones in the 4* basic 4* featured and 5* featured. The interesting thing to me is how the milestones will be adjusted with the new arenas, as now running fewer arenas might result in less battlechip gains. But that's a whole other problem.

I 100% agree with the gear sentiment. You absolutely know that this is going to be monetized to hell and back, and there are going to be meta relics, with rarities. Adding more systems into the game is just going to cause more issues in the future.
    they're probably gonna make the same they did with golds with putting them all golds on the first three milestones.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

More like 7.4, i see collector.champion and grandmaster, possible maestro and thanos returning for 7.3 lol
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Seems carina challenge will bring back t3a and t6b catalyst. Let the race for r4 begin while i still struggle to r3 any 6* to become TB 🤦‍♂️
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    5 star stryfe and Odin basic gonna go crazy
  • BeBubba_1BeBubba_1 Posts: 3
    edited May 2021
    I think they worded everything in there near perfectly. The new arena sounds like an amazing idea, so that top players can go for the 6* champions, while others can still have a chance at just seeing the 3* - 4* through milestones. Truly filled with a lot of exciting things to come, all around great job to Kabam on this one!
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    could make Arena more simple by limiting the champion collection access. 3* arena being only 3* champions access, 4* basic and featured being only 4* champions access while 5* continues to be 4* and 5* champion access. would greatly reduce the stress.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

More like 7.4, i see collector.champion and grandmaster, possible maestro and thanos returning for 7.3 lol
    They mentioned the first adversary making a return in 7.3, act 1 didnt an adversary and collector was on our side, act 2 has kang which is the first actual interesting boss there
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

No Wish crystals anytime soon *sigh*

6* dual class crystals would be nice
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Book 2 -> for endgamers
    Carina's Challenge -> for endgamers
    Grandmaster's Gauntlet -> for endgamers
    Summer of Pain -> for endgamers
    Alliance Raids -> for endgamers

Well ! That was an interesting read. But it's fine, I look forward to the various Youtube videos and streams of endgamers going through those pieces of content. And at least the usual suspects won't complain that "the side quest is too easy boohoo" anymore (yeah, keep dreaming), since that might be pretty much the only content left for progressing players like me who are still lights years away from TB :):):)

Also, no mention of Root. I take that as a win. :p

I reserve judgement on the arenas though, since we don't know what the milestones will look like... it could be as awesome as it could be terrible, although at first glance adding the 5 AND 6 stars in the same arenas seems like a bad idea. Those cutoffs are going to be insane !! We'll see. A little sad to see the 3* arena go though, but that's personnal since it was the only one I was doing every week to get some units, they were painless and fast to go through... perfect when you only have a couple of hours per week for arena grinding.

Relics, meet Root (hopefully).

More seriously, all in all for players at my progression level, which is early cavalier, there's not much excitement in the near future except for one more Variant in 2021. Which means, more time to push for TB. Let's take that as a win too.

You should be excited as a cavalier because currently the game dies around thronebreaker in terms of challenge. You’ve potentially got something to look forward to now when you get there. Good luck!