**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will next featured 6-star be worth saving for?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Unless I'm mistaken, Shang Chi and Mister Negative should be in the next crystal in June, along with Mangog, Odin, Jabari Panther, and Silver Centurion. None of them seem like outright duds, and all seem to bring something useful to the table (Prefight, Cleanse, etc). Shang Chi, even as a 3-star, is really fun to play with and seems to be very good.

Seeing as how Carina's challenge could net one 15k 6-star shards quickly, I was wondering if people think, based on the new champions solely, that it could be worth saving those shards for the next featured (with the baseline acknowledgment that Basics are generally better than going with Featured).

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    100%
    Even before the challenges came out, I was already set on saving for the next featured.
    Personally, I’m solely going for it for Mister Negative, but I’m also shooting for Shang-Chi (I just formed my first skill t5cc and I’m gonna hold onto it).
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Probably, having 4/6 of the featured champs be good is a pretty good start for the crystal.
    If negative is good as well it's definitely worth.
    I'll personally be going for it since my skill 6* roster is lagging
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’m certainly saving for it.

- Mangog is really the only one without a good use, and even then he isn’t too bad
    - Odin has the prefights which scale with star rating
    - Jabari is a great all rounder, and cleanse is pretty powerful
    - Silver Centurion is pretty great, although him and Jabari might struggle to fit into a developed roster
    - Shang Chi looks slightly insane with some excellent damage and utility
    - Mr Negative seems...crazy good. If he comes together

I would also be willing to be on Black Panther classic being in the crystal. I doubt Mr Fantastic will be since he was in the December crystal. Vulture could make it in.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Angela or Hela in there for the Odin connection

Plus a maybe one or two buffed champs for June, and maybe 1 or 2 July buffs
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Yes but I will lose enjoyment in the game without getting to open 6*s.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Yes but I will lose enjoyment in the game without getting to open 6*s.

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited May 2021

I’m certainly saving for it.

- Mangog is really the only one without a good use, and even then he isn’t too bad
    - Odin has the prefights which scale with star rating
    - Jabari is a great all rounder, and cleanse is pretty powerful
    - Silver Centurion is pretty great, although him and Jabari might struggle to fit into a developed roster
    - Shang Chi looks slightly insane with some excellent damage and utility
    - Mr Negative seems...crazy good. If he comes together

I would also be willing to be on Black Panther classic being in the crystal. I doubt Mr Fantastic will be since he was in the December crystal. Vulture could make it in.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Angela or Hela in there for the Odin connection

Plus a maybe one or two buffed champs for June, and maybe 1 or 2 July buffs

I have a sneaky suspicion that 1 of the 3 from the O.G. Holy Trinity (Sparky, Blade, or Rider) will be the "new" exclusive champ in the pool too. Not to mention the crystal should go live just in time for July 4th offers roughly. You save now and you possibly could get 10 tries after the deals.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Definitely. As pointed out by rocky, the 6* featured champs are all pretty good (mangog would probably be the ‘worst’ of that bunch) and could possibly have 3 more good featured champs. (Assuming Knull and Anti-Venom are coming next month and are actually worth the hype)