**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Another Carina’s challenge completed and I’m actually really happy

Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 ★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Didn’t think I would have it in me to complete any challenge but started with the mystic dispersed one and honestly very happy. Went the entire path (BPCW) reviveless and used some health potions but Guilly2099 was top notch and couldn’t ask for better rewards!

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Good job , this is the best thing that happen to this game. Now players with great account but no skill who find everything easy and completes everything the day they come out don't even dare attempt this challenge. Quite funny.

You honestly think these challengers require skill? All it needs is a big enough wallet. There is actually nothing in the challenge that cannot be unit manned. I am including the champion boss in this.
  • Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 ★★★

What team did you use out of interest, I was thinking of giving that a go later

I used Guilly 2099 of course as the main one and literally soloed with her. Got in Guardian, Colossus and Omega but they were of absolute no use and red hulk whom I used in the remaining 23% of mordo cause I messed up there. But since I’m a guilly player, I’m used to her and intercepted a lot and the only annoying fight there was War Machine cause of his sp1 and because I use suicides couldn’t really use Guilly’s sp1

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Good job , this is the best thing that happen to this game. Now players with great account but no skill who find everything easy and completes everything the day they come out don't even dare attempt this challenge. Quite funny.

You honestly think these challengers require skill? All it needs is a big enough wallet. There is actually nothing in the challenge that cannot be unit manned. I am including the champion boss in this.
    It's not as black and white as that, you can have fights that require skill, but also units. You can have fights that require no units, and just skill. What you never have, is a fight that requires only units. There is always an amount of skill involved. What I don't like is when the only skill involved is to try and reduce the amount of units/revives you are guaranteed to spend.
    this is why i loved the pre nerf champion boss
    seriously people who can't even intercept have reached GM smh
    Yeah, I think that would have been a great Carina Challenge, but I suppose it may have taken a bit more effort and time for Kabam to do than completing content that is currently in the game.

Pulyaman said:

It's not as black and white as that, you can have fights that require skill, but also units. You can have fights that require no units, and just skill. What you never have, is a fight that requires only units. There is always an amount of skill involved. What I don't like is when the only skill involved is to try and reduce the amount of units/revives you are guaranteed to spend.
    this is why i loved the pre nerf champion boss
    seriously people who can't even intercept have reached GM smh
    Yeah, I think that would have been a great Carina Challenge, but I suppose it may have taken a bit more effort and time for Kabam to do than completing content that is currently in the game.
    no i didnt mean for them to open champion fight again as the pre nerf version they can keep that for summer of pain hopefully

just expressing the old fight was way better than what we have rn
    No no I got you, I absolutely agree that it's better - was just adding that it could have made for a really good Carina Challenge :)
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

The Loltron can't be unitmanned. Gotta be able to get Loki to an L3 without Loltron going brrrrr. Thanks to the giant regen buff and power gain, this does require enough skill to get there and not die.

Pulyaman said:

LOL. Unless you play on auto fight, then every fight requires skill.

Kabam must understand that some players will never be happy and always complain.

If you can’t do the challenges, then don’t. Pretty simple.
    Meh. I can do the challenges that require some skill. What I don't want to do is revive my way through LOL. Did you see me complain when they introduce summoner showdown? I don't have any issue with the act 6 challenges. They can be skilled down item less. The loki one is borderline but even that can be done item less. The cyclops one and the labyrinth ones are impossible to do without revives. And no amount of skill will help you do them.
    YoMoves said:

Pulyaman said:

The Loltron can't be unitmanned. Gotta be able to get Loki to an L3 without Loltron going brrrrr. Thanks to the giant regen buff and power gain, this does require enough skill to get there and not die.
    I will just force quit every time I activate regen or powergain and revive and heal up. Problem solved. I am not going to do that, just saying it can be done.
  • Yoman46Yoman46 Posts: 17
    YoMoves said:

Pulyaman said:

Are u stupid? U have to do the whole path with 3* loki not just the electron and first champion of the quest that is electro, can't be soloed, it requires atleast 4-5 revives.

Pulyaman said:

I did not say these challenges only require units. But, some of the challenges are basically saying you need to revive your way through the content. I know that people did these things in the same way when LOL came out. But, asking to do the same thing again and saying that is a challenge is just lazy.
    Aleor said:

Pulyaman said:

The champion boss is probably the only fight in the game that can't be done without certain level of skill.
    Pre-nerf? Sure. Post nerf? You can revive your way to 10% and simply use a very high block prof or damage mitigation champ and easily beat it. There is nothing in the game that requires zero skill. But, with minimum skill in parry and dex, you can unitman your way through any challenge.
    Kavya30 said:

And about having to spend, I am a FTP, and trust me, if you got no skill, you can’t do any of these challenges. Of course you can unit them through but practically saying, I would have to spend **** tons of money if I had no skill. As @BitterSteel said it’s not as black and white as that.

Not all the challenges. But the LOL ones will definitely need lots of units to get through.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Yoman46 said:

YoMoves said:

Pulyaman said:

Are u stupid? U have to do the whole path with 3* loki not just the electron and first champion of the quest that is electro, can't be soloed, it requires atleast 4-5 revives.
    Electro can be soloed with awakened Loki. Gains power every 6 seconds. SP1 intercept. You’re gonna do like 400 damage to a 70k champ, but it’s possible. Just horrifically slow
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I did not say these challenges only require units. But, some of the challenges are basically saying you need to revive your way through the content. I know that people did these things in the same way when LOL came out. But, asking to do the same thing again and saying that is a challenge is just lazy.
    “ All it needs is a big enough wallet. ”

Seems like you’re saying it only requires units to me.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

“ All it needs is a big enough wallet. ”

Seems like you’re saying it only requires units to me.
    Shoot a guy for some exaggeration. :|. I will correct my mistake. You will need some skill to do these challenges. But, the LOL ones and the cyclops ones are resource gates.
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Congrats! I got mephisto dupe and sentry. It was fun tho
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Yoman46 said:

YoMoves said:

Pulyaman said:

Electro can be soloed with awakened Loki. Gains power every 6 seconds. SP1 intercept. You’re gonna do like 400 damage to a 70k champ, but it’s possible. Just horrifically slow
    I'd rather use revives, tried that method and my boosts would have probably expired before I got the electro down.
    A solo might also be possible with max boost, 3/3 pacify and draining him with mlm and curses but that's just extra stress when the alternative is 2 revives
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

LOL. Unless you play on auto fight, then every fight requires skill.

Kabam must understand that some players will never be happy and always complain.

If you can’t do the challenges, then don’t. Pretty simple.
    Meh. I can do the challenges that require some skill. What I don't want to do is revive my way through LOL. Did you see me complain when they introduce summoner showdown? I don't have any issue with the act 6 challenges. They can be skilled down item less. The loki one is borderline but even that can be done item less. The cyclops one and the labyrinth ones are impossible to do without revives. And no amount of skill will help you do them.
    Please show me your itemless run against the electro with Loki lol