**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carina's Challenge

Comments

• ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I'm alright with all of them bar the lol ones. All are doable with skill and practice. All the lol ones are just having the resources and nothing else.

I can tell you from experience when lol 1st came out I did it with a 4* sl as main attacker and best fights were about 150 hits before timer killed you. Stupid uc you got about 40, because of all the wasted unstoppable time.

It cost about me 7k units to run through then with attack synergy (would have liked crit syn but dulled was on it then). I won't relive that nonsense. My skills are better now for sure but I was hitting the timer then and dying so not much difference really, maybe a noob mis intercept or 2 will be missed but no syn will probably even that out.

Those 3 will never be completed by me. The other ones time and practice and I got it. It's a challenge to work towards.
    I only did the 3* act 5 .3.1 so far 1 team revive because stupid hype hide till sp3 5 times but got him with the 6th go all and all it wasn't bad at all. Team aegon, sl, guardian, shehulk, and shang syn raised my block prof so parry wouldn't kill me and aegon did it all bar kg I used sl cause I wasn't sure if aegon could outdamage the regen so played it safe.

All and all I appreciate what kabam did but they hid some real unit grabs in the mix. Guess I have to go rank up marvel k, beast and nc now.
    I give these challenges a solid 6 out of 9.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    I like really like these challenges, big thumbs up from me.
    Even the challenges that will be resource heavy should be fun... I’m sure there are plenty in the same boat as me that have revives and Heath potions expiring every day. Finally some content to use them on.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,339 ★★★★★
    I done 3 so far no mystics 3 stars in 5.3.1 6.2.5 mordo only cosmics werent bad now that theres more r5s and learned the fight ages ago to know what to expect and loki 5.4.6 all werent bad but time to refill and rank some champs for the 5 star mutant 6..1.5 quest and maybe ill do 4 star sl in future but not now as dont have the resources at this time for it

Kabam should remove the LOL Enrage timer node for these challenges.

Especially maybe for inhumans as they have lower damage than sl and sabre
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

A lot of the people asking for hard content didn't actually want hard content, but content that wasn't trivialized by 6r3s with rewards to match.

That's fine, but ask for what you want. A general challenge was requested, a general challenge was received.

The problem comes with the 'rewards to match' part. What would be appropriate? Chances are rewards on that level would just shatter whatever game balance is left.

You're being disingenuous, multiple people including myself asked to be able to use r3 6 stars specifically because there's no content in game that they're absolutely necessary to complete. Stop the lies.
    I wonder what would be an appropriate reward for content that required r3 6 stars and would really interest the people that could already field multiple teams of rank 3s and have nearly every champion in the game?
    Honestly this level of rewards is totally fine by me. Having had time to sit and think about these now, the only aspect of this that truly bothers me is the enrage timer. There are a couple other pain points (like the first fight of the Loki objective), but those aren’t nearly as severe as the LoL issue.

If the game team did something about that, I’d probably be fully on board. They don’t even have to get rid of it completely, maybe just lower the required attack threshold to a point where the 4* teams are able to get the extended timer.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Bendy said:

I believe enrage timer is based on champ attack value, isn't it? So furies or combo meter attack increase with sl won't affect it
    Aleor said:

Bendy said:

I believe enrage timer is based on champ attack value, isn't it? So furies or combo meter attack increase with sl won't affect it
    Yeah they dont effect but sl has ramp up where as inhumans just has raw damage but hits weaker as dusa furies expire and quake not much damage in time u have
  • ExWeaponExWeapon Posts: 27
    Astral Anger- 1 single and 1 team revive.
    CGR - Venom - Hype - CMM - Odin. Spent the single revive at the boss to get a full team, finished after a team revive.

Mystic Dispersed - 2 single revives
    Ghost - Odin - Wasp - Antman - YJ. All Ghost. Took the short path through Spidy. Used the two revives on LC from his stupid lock-on specials that jump halfway across the map.

About to start 1992-97.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I did one so far but I'll complete all of the ones outside of the ROL quests on my time. This event definitely has my alliance pretty hyped up and people aren't doing the "cash grabs" for lack of a better word so overall good event Kabam.

I still think the enrage timer should be removed for the LOL ones but the initial outrage has proven to be an over exaggeration.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Any of the Devs wanna chip in?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian

A lot of the people asking for hard content didn't actually want hard content, but content that wasn't trivialized by 6r3s with rewards to match.

That's fine, but ask for what you want. A general challenge was requested, a general challenge was received.

The problem comes with the 'rewards to match' part. What would be appropriate? Chances are rewards on that level would just shatter whatever game balance is left.

You're being disingenuous, multiple people including myself asked to be able to use r3 6 stars specifically because there's no content in game that they're absolutely necessary to complete. Stop the lies.
    I wonder what would be an appropriate reward for content that required r3 6 stars and would really interest the people that could already field multiple teams of rank 3s and have nearly every champion in the game?
    Nothing the devs currently want to hand out.
    Let me say this and I think Kabam should adopt this permanently. I think what will be a much better idea is the Carina challenge shouldn't be permanent content but instead we have a rotation every 30 days with an equal amount of great rewards to what is currently in place. That way end gamers have content that we can use our revives and materials when the game is slower pace. It isn't hard to challenge people by saying take all 3 stars and beat the Collector and so and so forth.

I won't even take credit if you go forward with this idea but a lot of my alliance mates that are either whales or hardcore gamers who want difficult content said they were just happy to have materials to use revives on finally.
    Pulyaman said:

Let me say this and I think Kabam should adopt this permanently. I think what will be a much better idea is the Carina challenge shouldn't be permanent content but instead we have a rotation every 30 days with an equal amount of great rewards to what is currently in place. That way end gamers have content that we can use our revives and materials when the game is slower pace. It isn't hard to challenge people by saying take all 3 stars and beat the Collector and so and so forth.

I won't even take credit if you go forward with this idea but a lot of my alliance mates that are either whales or hardcore gamers who want difficult content said they were just happy to have materials to use revives on finally.

They have called this Vol-1, so it stands to reason that there may be a Vol-2. Personally, I want to see one every 3 months or so added permanently to the contest. I am not a fan of too much rotating content. I have arena, Incursions, Monthly Eq, Side event, Aq and AW that is on different cycles. Adding 1 more adds pressure to complete it immediately. I know many people just use units to complete content and don't build up resource which most of the FTP do. But, challenges like the LOL ones need time to build resources, which if it is rotating monthly will be difficult.
    Well the beauty about rotating content is that if you don't do it next month their will be new ones with an equal amount or better rewards. So if you don't do LOL you can do the next months Kamala challenge equivalent. The pressure is artificial. I know guys including myself with all content done that have 0 intentions of completing the SL challenge. 3 months for me is a little too long and will still contribute to long content droughts in game. None of the rewards are ground breaking outside of r4 material and if you do those you deserve the rewards in my opinion.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If they rotated the content every 30 days, they would have to balance the rewards on the assumption someone would be scooping them up every thirty days, which would probably force them to make them lower.
    That was one of my thought process in suggesting them add it every 3 months. But, I also took into account how long I needed to hoard for doing the content like the 4 star LOL challenge.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

They have called this Vol-1, so it stands to reason that there may be a Vol-2. Personally, I want to see one every 3 months or so added permanently to the contest. I am not a fan of too much rotating content. I have arena, Incursions, Monthly Eq, Side event, Aq and AW that is on different cycles. Adding 1 more adds pressure to complete it immediately. I know many people just use units to complete content and don't build up resource which most of the FTP do. But, challenges like the LOL ones need time to build resources, which if it is rotating monthly will be difficult.
    Well the beauty about rotating content is that if you don't do it next month their will be new ones with an equal amount or better rewards. So if you don't do LOL you can do the next months Kamala challenge equivalent. The pressure is artificial. I know guys including myself with all content done that have 0 intentions of completing the SL challenge. 3 months for me is a little too long and will still contribute to long content droughts in game. None of the rewards are ground breaking outside of r4 material and if you do those you deserve the rewards in my opinion.
    I agree that the pressure is self-inflicted. But, I don't see Kabam giving out almost 1 T5cc selector and loads of 6 stars every month. If it happens every month, the rewards may need to be scaled down which in turn will raise voices for difficulty to be scaled down. 3 months seemed like a sweet spot in terms of grinding for resources as FTP and taking the time to do the content as opposed to rushing using units.
    DNA3000 said:

If they rotated the content every 30 days, they would have to balance the rewards on the assumption someone would be scooping them up every thirty days, which would probably force them to make them lower.
    I disagree but when it comes to the r4 materials I can see that being removed if it became monthly because obviously they don't want r4 champions in game within the next 3 months or so lol. So yes I personally never thought R4 materials should be added at all but if Summer of Pain lives up to the hype than it may not be so bad.
    Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

I disagree but when it comes to the r4 materials I can see that being removed if it became monthly because obviously they don't want r4 champions in game within the next 3 months or so lol. So yes I personally never thought R4 materials should be added at all but if Summer of Pain lives up to the hype than it may not be so bad.
    I think the 6* rank up gem, nexus and 37k shards are also way too game breaking if they're available every month. Basically every reward would have to be scaled down, which means difficulty would have to scale down possibly, which means it's no longer for endgame players
    37k shards is not game changing to someone that has 60 plus 6 stars already and a r1 6 star gem is not game changing. I barely spend and I can easily opt out of that option and it wouldn't change my account a bit either way.