**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Kabam ever add more XP levels?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Seems like I’ve been at 60 XP for like 3 years now, and I realize that a cap is important, but I’m interested how the community feels about this. As they try to increase the amount of content and basic game mechanics, would an increase in XP be fun? Terrible? Make you leave the game? Let me know in the comments.

Ps. although I’m sure this will get disagrees, I never actually made a statement or gave an opinion, so in theory, you can’t disagree with a question..... unless you want to disagree with the statement that caps are important, which would be rather ridiculous, but I guess there’s that.

Should Kabam ever add more XP levels? 53 votes

Who needs more XP? Not me!
13%
lIPowerIlErcarretIronGladiator22Thanks_D19CrcrcrcSalve_maker05Pacc0jr 7 votes
I’d like a few more levels (like 9 ideally)
30%
ShadowstrikeAustin555555Grootman1294Colonaut123Amazing_Demon05Hera1d_of_Ga1actusMaratoxSparx265ChikelBuffBeastSkyLord7000PuttPuttNegative_100groundedmaster20005Mr_Nobody_legrind 16 votes
Make it an even 100. I think more XP would be a fun thing for me to work towards.
24%
FrostyLuciusVorenusfmussapLittle_Crocodili29Denslo500DarkDuelistPrakhar_82Shock29ShenkCowabungaHSS75MageWizardRyderSlate 13 votes
No. Just No.
9%
Wine_LoverMobile_P0tat0GiuliameijHoitadoScrubhan 5 votes
This would legitimately break the game.
3%
YoMovesLeStMn92 2 votes
I hate this, here’s why....
0%
Love it! Let’s make it happen.
18%
Kevin110Furious_Fighter1Simbalakap01arisPseudouberCaptain_Pug30sacoma_sack78Param1988AmnetiesHydrothc 10 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Sine mastery 2.0 is coming few levels won't be bad given that each lvl provide a mastery point
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,108 ★★★
    Make it an even 100. I think more XP would be a fun thing for me to work towards.
    it could happen in the mastery update in 2022, but not confirmed yet.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

😏

Or Remove Levels Entirely. They mean almost nothing in late game progression. Just add level rewards in the story to replace everything.
    I disagree with this. They’re still an important aspect for people joining. I feel like if they add more levels then they’d have to increase the length or energy cost of quests. I’d much rather have the same energy and length of quests than increasing both for just cause. It seems kind of pointless to me.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    I’d only want more levels for mastery points. If they were to add more levels that give mastery points, they’d probably add like 5-7 max because people could have insanely stacked mastery setups
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

😏

Or Remove Levels Entirely. They mean almost nothing in late game progression. Just add level rewards in the story to replace everything.
    I disagree with this. They’re still an important aspect for people joining. I feel like if they add more levels then they’d have to increase the length or energy cost of quests. I’d much rather have the same energy and length of quests than increasing both for just cause. It seems kind of pointless to me.
    I only clicked add more levels because of:

Personally I feel XP is broken enough as is already. The game can barely handle 60 levels, let alone more. I think a redesign of this system when masteries 2.0 are out would be much needed.

• PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Yes, and more masteries and mastery points.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    With the new masteries coming, it is definitely a good idea
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I’d like to see a tally of XP earned since I hit L60.

I would wager it’s more than the XP earned up to L60. Even if there’s no prize, it might actually be a more meaningful measurement than total hero rating.

Dr. Zola
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Who needs more XP? Not me!
    I don't really crave new XP levels as such, granting more mastery points etc, but it would be nice to have something to strive towards. Be rewarded with a little bit of resources every now and again for just pushing through the game, just like you were initially. I don't think it would really work to just add levels on top of the cap that's already there since everyone's there nowadays regardless of their progression level. I think I hit 60 way before I was even Uncollected, and I'm close to Thronebreaker now. Pre-UC me and close-to-TB me have vastly different needs in terms of what would be a decent reward for a "level up", so you can't just add a level 61 with the same rewards for everyone.
    ?)"
    I think a better way could be to create some permanent objectives. I think there were some "Summoner's Journey" ones for the early stuff, right? Why can't that continue as we move through the Contest? "Explore your first Variant, get resource X", "Defeat the Act 6.2 Champion boss, get resource Y", "Rank 3 your first 6*, get resource Z" etc. That would give people tangible milestones to strive towards and reward their progress in a relevant way.

It could also be a way to reward big achievements that maybe weren't as well rewarded on immediate completion. I always felt that defeating the Collector was incredibly underwhelming, reward-wise, since you did so in the middle of Act 5 and thus didn't get the Act Completion rewards. Aside from the UC upgrade, the rewards for defeating that dude were pretty meh. Well, maybe there could be a "Defeat the Collector for the first time, get a nice reward for your effort" objective that rectifies the situation. There are similar situations where certain bosses are enormous roadblocks but don't reward much upon defeat. I'm looking at you, Act 6 Crossbones! This could be a golden opportunity to boost the sense of achievement after defeating them.