**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier Quest Difficulty

Pelu1Pelu1 Posts: 38
This month Cavalier monthly quest is too difficult. Some times I think to uninstall this game better to broke my own phone.
This month's cavalier quest is really irritating.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    GMAX77 said:

While the "git gud" response will probably come up a few more times in this post, Pelu1's observation is not completly unwarranted. I personally noticed that the last couple of Cav difficulties I was able to 100% explore without spending units. This month, I quickly felt a difference in fighting Spider Man (Classic) as the first boss. Nothing super frustratingly difficult, but it did seem like the boss/node combinations had a little more thought put into them.

In addition to the bosses, I noticed a few more "good defenders" placed on the "easy" completion paths. All in all, I agree that the challenge level seems a tad higher, but I'll also admit it was fun trying to figure out ways to beat it this time.

i do agree with you that some of the bosses seem a tad harder than the normal ones, but there are always the "good defenders." you'll see your Annihlus, your Iceman, your Apoc, your Air-Walker, your Havok, your NF, all of them
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    The last 2 bosses are little absurd unless you bring the handful of right champs and also play well according to the mechanics. For Shang-Chi, I used CAIW with all three of his debuffs and his science experiment synergy, so that I could parry without taking massive damage and simultaneously heal block. For Mr. Negative, I used Kingpin with Hood synergy to absorb the annoying debuffs and then just powered through. Even with a decent plan, these fights were getting annoying.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    Def way harder and people asked for harder content soooooooo.......I mean maybe it's time for a throne breaker eq
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I explored it 100% and here's my observations
    This month is actually the best cav eq released till now. It's not easy nor difficult. It took a approach of skill set based with some good roster.
    Diss track and buffed were too BS for people who didn't had champs for them. But this month devs took a middle ground. Changing the nodes to that extent either you have champs for them or just be patient & using your skills to get past those nodes.
    One more thing, this was meant for Cavs. But there are new Cavs, cav who did6.2 or 6.3 and them cavs who are close to TB. Everyone have different type of skill set and champs. This month eq test both. In my opinion either you need very good skill set or suitable champs. Having both makes it's easy but having one makes it challenging and fun.
    Keeping in mind that nodes give attackers many benefits. There are many champs ( i used 4 stars for majority of fight) who take benefits from node and save many items.
    For example:-
    science quest is very easy with 4* void and LC.
    Mutant :- 4 star rough is almost immortal in 90% fights ( she's good for both new old nodes)
    For cosmic:- there are lot awesome options. Even mags shines there.
    Tech:- by far best quest and easy( 4 star HTD easily wrecks it)
    So list can go on. Boost helps a lot. All you need to identify the correct champ for it . There are many old champs who do better than meta champs.
    Bosses this month seems more fun, challenging and fit to be called bosses. I can agree that nodes on hood were little BS but some champs easily solo him even if you can't then you have other champs too. This difficulty doesn't mean that every time you will do it timeless. Use revive once or twice. They are present in game for reason.
    I hope Devs actually keep this type of difficulty and Nodes which don't punish totally and aren't too easy . Middle ground which test both roster with skills.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

I explored it 100% and here's my observations
    This month is actually the best cav eq released till now. It's not easy nor difficult. It took a approach of skill set based with some good roster.
    Diss track and buffed were too BS for people who didn't had champs for them. But this month devs took a middle ground. Changing the nodes to that extent either you have champs for them or just be patient & using your skills to get past those nodes.
    One more thing, this was meant for Cavs. But there are new Cavs, cav who did6.2 or 6.3 and them cavs who are close to TB. Everyone have different type of skill set and champs. This month eq test both. In my opinion either you need very good skill set or suitable champs. Having both makes it's easy but having one makes it challenging and fun.
    Keeping in mind that nodes give attackers many benefits. There are many champs ( i used 4 stars for majority of fight) who take benefits from node and save many items.
    For example:-
    science quest is very easy with 4* void and LC.
    Mutant :- 4 star rough is almost immortal in 90% fights ( she's good for both new old nodes)
    For cosmic:- there are lot awesome options. Even mags shines there.
    Tech:- by far best quest and easy( 4 star HTD easily wrecks it)
    So list can go on. Boost helps a lot. All you need to identify the correct champ for it . There are many old champs who do better than meta champs.
    Bosses this month seems more fun, challenging and fit to be called bosses. I can agree that nodes on hood were little BS but some champs easily solo him even if you can't then you have other champs too. This difficulty doesn't mean that every time you will do it timeless. Use revive once or twice. They are present in game for reason.
    I hope Devs actually keep this type of difficulty and Nodes which don't punish totally and aren't too easy . Middle ground which test both roster with skills.

There were some typos and auto correct terms. Sorry for them
  • arbrowearbrowe Posts: 13
    yeah im having a hard time with it simple part is my roster sucks getting a good roster requires completing content but I cant complete content because of my roster so good place to be ...
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I think one of the big confusions with Cavalier Difficulty is the enormous gap between 6.1 Cavaliers and 7.1 Cavaliers.

With the current level rate of progress, a new UC will often be able to do UC EQ immediately, or a month after. Cav EQ? A 6.1 Cav can have problems with Chapter 1, while a 7.1 Cav can sleep through the whole thing.

I think what's important is reward vs. effort. As long as the reward is worth it, it's okay. From a personal perspective, it's less about difficulty, and more about time consumption. I'd rather have short, hard fights than long, easy fights. Quick lanes with stacked bosses are cool too.
  • ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    yeah the bullet time spidey was hella annoying until I understood how he worked
  • I'm just happy that they are finally upping the difficulty to where it actually should be. Cav difficulty has been easy street since it's release. Not even worth calling Cav difficulty. Kabam needs to make more MEQs where you have to think outside the box more vs just mashing buttons mindlessly.

Ironically enough, Howard the duck and his button mash mechanic is perfect for the tech map
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Berjibs said:

GMAX77 said:

While the "git gud" response will probably come up a few more times in this post, Pelu1's observation is not completly unwarranted. I personally noticed that the last couple of Cav difficulties I was able to 100% explore without spending units. This month, I quickly felt a difference in fighting Spider Man (Classic) as the first boss. Nothing super frustratingly difficult, but it did seem like the boss/node combinations had a little more thought put into them.

In addition to the bosses, I noticed a few more "good defenders" placed on the "easy" completion paths. All in all, I agree that the challenge level seems a tad higher, but I'll also admit it was fun trying to figure out ways to beat it this time.

i do agree with you that some of the bosses seem a tad harder than the normal ones, but there are always the "good defenders." you'll see your Annihlus, your Iceman, your Apoc, your Air-Walker, your Havok, your NF, all of them
    You alright there Harry Redknapp? 😜
    Didn't mention Niko Krancjar or T'riffic players, 0/10
  • Pelu1Pelu1 Posts: 38

I'm just happy that they are finally upping the difficulty to where it actually should be. Cav difficulty has been easy street since it's release. Not even worth calling Cav difficulty. Kabam needs to make more MEQs where you have to think outside the box more vs just mashing buttons mindlessly.

Ironically enough, Howard the duck and his button mash mechanic is perfect for the tech map
    Man you might be TB. This quest is names as cavalier. Think from the prospect of cavalier player. They might not have that big roster. Cavalier is the main quest which help to give required resources to R3 one 6* and help becoming TB
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pelu1 said:

I'm just happy that they are finally upping the difficulty to where it actually should be. Cav difficulty has been easy street since it's release. Not even worth calling Cav difficulty. Kabam needs to make more MEQs where you have to think outside the box more vs just mashing buttons mindlessly.

Man you might be TB. This quest is names as cavalier. Think from the prospect of cavalier player. They might not have that big roster. Cavalier is the main quest which help to give required resources to R3 one 6* and help becoming TB
    Not really. If you can't even complete or explore cav eq, you aren't the target group for TB.
  • Pelu1Pelu1 Posts: 38

Pelu1 said:

Not really. If you can't even complete or explore cav eq, you aren't the target group for TB.
    It's your opinion. I don't agree with you. I already completed cavalier quest. But I think from cavalier prospect. Most of the new cavaliers don't have big roster. Cavalier quest needs specific champs in every section. The worst part is that they don't get good counter champs from crystals. Even now days I am not getting good champs. I got most of the **** champs in 6* roster. Now they are even getting duped.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Pelu1 said:

It's your opinion. I don't agree with you. I already completed cavalier quest. But I think from cavalier prospect. Most of the new cavaliers don't have big roster. Cavalier quest needs specific champs in every section. The worst part is that they don't get good counter champs from crystals. Even now days I am not getting good champs. I got most of the **** champs in 6* roster. Now they are even getting duped.

Its not his opinion, it is a fact stated by kabam themself. When TB was first introduced target audience in words of kabam was someone who has explored abyss. Yes that was one year ago so these requirements might have relaxed a little but still their is no way that kabam wants those cant even explore cavalier difficulty to become TB.
    And neither u are expected to become thronebreaker with 6*s but rather with a good 5* roster so you getting dud 6* has nothing to do with u becoming TB or not.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Pelu1 said:

You might wanna read the Cav EQ announcement.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Pelu1 said:

Pelu1 said:

I don’t agree with your opinion.

*** champs in 6* roster? That’s your issue. You’re focusing on 6*s too early.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Pelu1 said:

Pelu1 said:

Cav EQ gives ton of hero crystal shards so that you can widen your roster. And just like fresh UC can't do whole UC EQ, fresh Cav cannot do whole Cav EQ. Get as far as you can and as your roster gets wider, you will have easier time there. Complaining about RNG is dumb, since we are in a RNG based game.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,640 Guardian
    In the Cav EQ announcement, Kabam says that this quest is to target TBs for difficulty, but have 1 path per quest that Cavs can do so Cavs can get completion rewards.

The nexus for t5cc isn't targeted at Cavs, it is targeted at TBs who have a lot easier time getting t5cc than Cavs. If you want TB, beat 7.1 and 7 2, you are bound to get a full t5cc with 75% selectors
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

In the Cav EQ announcement, Kabam says that this quest is to target TBs for difficulty, but have 1 path per quest that Cavs can do so Cavs can get completion rewards.

The nexus for t5cc isn't targeted at Cavs, it is targeted at TBs who have a lot easier time getting t5cc than Cavs. If you want TB, beat 7.1 and 7 2, you are bound to get a full t5cc with 75% selectors

That's not exactly what the announcement stated (it couldn't have, because I don't think Kabam announced Thronebreaker yet at the time Cav EQ was announced). It said that Cav EQ was structured so that most Cavs would have a relatively easy time doing completion, but that full exploration could/would require wide rosters or a high degree of skill (presumably, relative to most Cavalier players).

So the exploration rewards including the T5CC were not specifically intended for Thronebreaker players, they were intended for the strongest Cavalier players - presumably to assist them in eventually progressing beyond Cavalier (i.e. TB). Many of those strongest Cav players are now TB, but the target for Cav exploration rewards was a bit wider than that. Strong Cavs should be able to get them.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Pelu1 said:

Pelu1 said:

Kabam acknowledged that Cavalier players were not expected to have very wide rosters initially. They implied as much in the Cavalier EQ announcement when they explicitly stated they did not expect all Cavalier players to be able to fully explore Cav EQ. Cavalier EQ was meant to be a challenge for Cav players to grow into. It was fully expected that a new Cav player might be able to complete it but not always fully explore it, and would need to grow in roster and skill to do so, and could need to gain a lot of roster strength and experience to be able to do so consistently.

Also, not only are 6* champs not required for Cavalier EQ, they can be counterproductive for some players. 6* rank 2 champions are comparable to 5* 5/65 champions in overall strength, and it is much easier to acquire and sig up 5* champs. A Cavalier player trying to build up roster to take on CavEQ should be focusing on their 5* roster unless they are in a situation where they are getting 6* champs quickly enough that they can build a 6* roster very fast. I didn't really switch over to committing my focus to 6* champs until I had a roster of 6* champs that was I think 50 or 60 champs wide. And in fact my main attacking champs have been mostly 5* champs with a sprinkling of a couple particularly good 6* champs until relatively recently, and I have over a 100 6* champs now. I *still* use 5* champs in Cav EQ now, because my 5* bench is still a bit wider and I still have holes in my 6* roster.