**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why LUKE CAGE is so under rated?

BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
We ran map 5 today. I did 12 fights. Out of which 10 fights were done by luke cage alone. In the end still had more than 50% health left.
I dunno why is Luke Cage so underrated. That indestructible can tank sp3s. And not to mention the super useful sp1 stun. The damage output is pretty good too. Its about time people show some love man.
Excellent champion

Comments

• BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    DrZola said:

He’s underrated and always has been, in many respects because he isn’t flashy and isn’t really an answer beyond lane clearing.

I’m probably pulling the plug on mine at R2 awakened because I can’t justify taking him to R3. But I’ve never regretted him at R2.

His kit is pretty good and he has solid, sneaky utility. In certain situations, he’s incredible, but he isn’t an everywhere champ like some of the ones @TrashyPanda noted.

It will be interesting to see if he has useful applications in 7.2.

Dr. Zola

Luke cage at r2? .. thats awesome... Not many people would do that...
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Bzee said:

We ran map 5 today. I did 12 fights. Out of which 10 fights were done by luke cage alone. In the end still had more than 50% health left.
    I dunno why is Luke Cage so underrated. That indestructible can tank sp3s. And not to mention the super useful sp1 stun. The damage output is pretty good too. Its about time people show some love man.
    Excellent champion

He is not underrated science class is so stacked after so many buffs and release of new strong champions, still so many use him on monthly cavalier eq
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Bzee said:

DrZola said:

He’s underrated and always has been, in many respects because he isn’t flashy and isn’t really an answer beyond lane clearing.

I’m probably pulling the plug on mine at R2 awakened because I can’t justify taking him to R3. But I’ve never regretted him at R2.

His kit is pretty good and he has solid, sneaky utility. In certain situations, he’s incredible, but he isn’t an everywhere champ like some of the ones @TrashyPanda noted.

Dr. Zola

6* R2s are the new 5* 3/45s.
    ^
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Like others have mentioned he's simply outclassed but a lot of it is because of the damage that they can do, he is supposed to be a walking tank and he does that job excellently. And while I would love for him to have as much damage output as other science class champions, you also have to go with how is Kit is presented and realize that you're not going to have over-the-top damage but you are going to have that durability and survivability to keep going. And maybe that's more important in situations like Alliance Quest.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I didn't know he was underrated.

It's just because many don't use him anymore.
    Science has alot of top options, so almost no one looks at the middle of the group class anymore.
    jdeck59 said:

Because map 5 is super easy lol

Map 6 and map 5 have more or less same difficulty level... As a matter of fact map 5 is sometimes more annoying cz of the doombots and Ultron bots
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I do around 12 fights in map 5 with Doom or Starky and I finish with around 70% health. He isn’t underrated but once u get out of that mid tier playing level u just have better options.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think he's rated just right. Red Hulk is better than Luke Cage. He has some real uses in current meta.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Bzee said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

6* R2s are the new 5* 3/45s.
    I said the exact same thing and got booed on. :D . It's true though.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Terra said:

I didn't know he was underrated.

It's just because many don't use him anymore.
    Science has alot of top options, so almost no one looks at the middle of the group class anymore.
    I'd actually say he's stood the test of time. He's just as useful as he's been since the buff. He may not be flashy and new, but he hasn't become less useful either.
    Agreed. His usefulness hasn't diminished.
    But in today's very narrow minded Meta, simply being "useful" isn't enough.
    Only flashy and new champs are on the eyes of Meta followers.
    Damn shame really
    Glad I have different eyes. ;)
    Then you are one of the few who do around here.
    Respect.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bzee said:

jdeck59 said:

Map 6 and map 5 have more or less same difficulty level... As a matter of fact map 5 is sometimes more annoying cz of the doombots and Ultron bots
    This is true for people with rosters that can do either easily. If map 5 is hard for you, map 6 will be impossible. Map 5 has much smaller heath pools.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I really wish his indestructible was passive. It makes little sense to put BUFF on a science, who counters mystics, whose main asset is NULLIFY.

Other than that LC is awesome champion who hits hard and has immunity, just imo lacks utility. All he has are debuffs, indestruct and bleed immune. If you conpare that to max sig capIW, he is outshined

Bzee said:

jdeck59 said:

This is true for people with rosters that can do either easily. If map 5 is hard for you, map 6 will be impossible. Map 5 has much smaller heath pools.
    Lol..who told map 5 is hard... map 5 aint hard at all.. I play map 6 bro...
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I don't know how you define underrate or overrate, but I used 4* LC substantially when I 100% Act 5 few years ago. I have 5* r4 LC currently and I put him in AQ/EQ regularly. He can one-shot Professor X boss in AQ easily. Map 5 is not a challenge.

Nonetheless, there are many good champs in Science class as well, Void / iAbom / HT / CAIW / She hulk / Hulk Rag / RHulk ......you name it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bzee said:

Bzee said:

jdeck59 said:

Lol..who told map 5 is hard... map 5 aint hard at all.. I play map 6 bro...
    I think you missed my point. You said the difficulty level is the same and map 5 can be more annoying. This is only true for people that have no trouble with map 6. I play only map 7. I don't find map 6 or map 5 hard. But people who do find map 5 hard will not find map 6 to be the same difficulty level. It will be much harder for them.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I don't know about you but I think LC lacks damage. He doesn't hit hard as I want him to do. If he gets fury or something he will be more useable.
    GOTG said:

I don't know about you but I think LC lacks damage. He doesn't hit hard as I want him to do. If he gets fury or something he will be more useable.

His damage is based on the exhaustion stacks on opponents
    ..try hitting an sp3 on opponent and then watch him explode
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Bzee said:

GOTG said:

I'm pretty sure the infamous resonate mastery helps him also I run it for void.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Bzee said:

GOTG said:

So you need to reach sp3 for damage, man, that is way too long for daily event like AQ.