**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carina's Challenge

191011121315»

Comments

• ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Let me say this and I think Kabam should adopt this permanently. I think what will be a much better idea is the Carina challenge shouldn't be permanent content but instead we have a rotation every 30 days with an equal amount of great rewards to what is currently in place. That way end gamers have content that we can use our revives and materials when the game is slower pace. It isn't hard to challenge people by saying take all 3 stars and beat the Collector and so and so forth.

I won't even take credit if you go forward with this idea but a lot of my alliance mates that are either whales or hardcore gamers who want difficult content said they were just happy to have materials to use revives on finally.

If they rotated the content every 30 days, they would have to balance the rewards on the assumption someone would be scooping them up every thirty days, which would probably force them to make them lower.
    I disagree but when it comes to the r4 materials I can see that being removed if it became monthly because obviously they don't want r4 champions in game within the next 3 months or so lol. So yes I personally never thought R4 materials should be added at all but if Summer of Pain lives up to the hype than it may not be so bad.
    I think the 6* rank up gem, nexus and 37k shards are also way too game breaking if they're available every month. Basically every reward would have to be scaled down, which means difficulty would have to scale down possibly, which means it's no longer for endgame players
    37k shards is not game changing to someone that has 60 plus 6 stars already and a r1 6 star gem is not game changing. I barely spend and I can easily opt out of that option and it wouldn't change my account a bit either way.
    I have over 60 six star champs and I can't say I feel the same. Adding that many shards every month is a big change and will only dilute its value further and force the addition of 7*s that much sooner
    When did they say they would be coming every month?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Let me say this and I think Kabam should adopt this permanently. I think what will be a much better idea is the Carina challenge shouldn't be permanent content but instead we have a rotation every 30 days with an equal amount of great rewards to what is currently in place. That way end gamers have content that we can use our revives and materials when the game is slower pace. It isn't hard to challenge people by saying take all 3 stars and beat the Collector and so and so forth.

I won't even take credit if you go forward with this idea but a lot of my alliance mates that are either whales or hardcore gamers who want difficult content said they were just happy to have materials to use revives on finally.

If they rotated the content every 30 days, they would have to balance the rewards on the assumption someone would be scooping them up every thirty days, which would probably force them to make them lower.
    I disagree but when it comes to the r4 materials I can see that being removed if it became monthly because obviously they don't want r4 champions in game within the next 3 months or so lol. So yes I personally never thought R4 materials should be added at all but if Summer of Pain lives up to the hype than it may not be so bad.
    I think the 6* rank up gem, nexus and 37k shards are also way too game breaking if they're available every month. Basically every reward would have to be scaled down, which means difficulty would have to scale down possibly, which means it's no longer for endgame players
    37k shards is not game changing to someone that has 60 plus 6 stars already and a r1 6 star gem is not game changing. I barely spend and I can easily opt out of that option and it wouldn't change my account a bit either way.
    I have over 60 six star champs and I can't say I feel the same. Adding that many shards every month is a big change and will only dilute its value further and force the addition of 7*s that much sooner
    When did they say they would be coming every month?
    You've jumped into the end of a hypothetical discussion without context: start here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1775926/#Comment_1775926
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Sometimes i forgot that for kabam the word challenging means “money grabbing”.
    Those doable with low recourses are fun, liked that. But the rest of them are definitely not ftp friendly.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Well the cosmic one was fun! Took a few revives on the Mordo boss, but CGR melts most of the fights. Take the Cyclops path and it’s a breeze

Nice Dude! I want to do it, but wait til I get closer to forming a t5cc. Was gonna start on the 5.3.1 challenge but I need t1cc of all things to rank up some 3* first.
    @IKON , just do the challenge and then don't claim the objective, that's what I did
    Thanks, great idea. 3 down now, 6 to go!
  • Why cant i play these challenges
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Why cant i play these challenges

Are you Thronebreaker?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Keniutek said:

Best team for 5.3.1 guys? Build up Aegon or go with Ghost with maybe HT for Mordo?

I took Aegon, heimdall, Angela, nick fury and quake.
    Took the cosmic path (Angela is the first fight).
    Used Aegon every fight.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Hard disagree here. That has massive knock on effects into things like arena, war defense, etc... If that was grindable monthly and I have WAY more than 60 6*s
    I think the point everyone is missing is that the people who can afford to do it on a monthly basis already have accounts that are bigger than mine. I'm on the lower end of the spectrum in my own alliance. The handful of guys dumping numerous revives into this already have 13k plus prestige and 80 plus 6 stars.

Also, it is only available to Thronebreakers and not everyone. But I'll take it with lesser rewards since everyone is so worried. Maybe every 3 months would be the middle ground to this.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Hey, for any1 that did the kamala challenge, is a R4 enough? How bad is the coldsnap dmg from iceman? Any other tips? Is it possible to do itemless? If not what is the minimum revive I should expect?
    I ended up doing 4 so far. I ran out of revives so I'll wait and do a 5th or maybe a 6th one when my revives are back up.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

To confirm this is permanent content and only the pic is gone after 30 days?

Yes
    I did 4 and have 2 more to go. I'll do the Kamala Khan challenge and the 3* cyclops once my items get back up.

I will not engage in any of the LOL ones. That will probably just stay up since it is permanent content.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I completed three challenges till now and will never do LOL things unless I have too many units to spend.

Even beating collectors with Cyclops look bad to me.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    GOTG said:

I completed three challenges till now and will never do LOL things unless I have too many units to spend.

Even beating collectors with Cyclops look bad to me.

Only lol one I'll do is the Canadian one since its the easiest and has a 6* nexus.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    linux said:

Wicket329 said:

...The issue people have with this content is that there is *absolutely no way* for many of these challenges to be done item/unitless, or even with a reasonable amount of usage. A few of them can! Personally, I think I like the Cyclops one and the Cosmic one as being pretty fair for the payout.

The 3* cyclops one seems pure unit sink. Have you done it? Global is bane, and it's fun to time it through the path to minimize revives -- but the boss is intended to be a unit sink. I never learned to dex his L1 (and wasn't perfect on his L2), but bane + heal at 20% intervals + unstoppable at the end ... if I didn't have expiring potions, I wouldn't have done it.
    Wicket329 said:

But 3* Loki straight up cannot do the opening fights in 5.4.6 as they are. Pre Yellow Jacket rework, he could have! But not today.

I think it's probably possible (if incredibly tedious) to solo electro with L1 spam if you're boosted. The YJ change is lame as dex'ing his L1 would have been much more fun -- but this fight didn't seem bad.
    Yeah, as I see people working through it I’d say my initial reaction to the Loki objective was over the top. I was still thinking in terms of Act 6 and 7 health pools and thinking it would take like 10 revives to Loki through Electro (assuming you aren’t playing with exquisite patience), but it really doesn’t seem too bad.

As far as the Cyclops one, I wonder if I’m not better off just going for a Labyrinth objective instead. I probably won’t do the Champion objective until I have a 6* KK, but that’s by my own choice, I have no problem with that mission.

I’d say Carina’s Challenge overall hits more than it misses, but some of the misses are pretty rough.