**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Haven’t seen the alliance this unmotivated for the game since 12.0, most of us are having erratic dropped blocks lag, whiffing etc. in gold 1 t7-8 we haven’t fought a full alliance yet and we have had retirements in the off season for the first time in ages, my spending is turned off and I’ve stopped running arena at all, serious problem here guys, game needs fixing ASAP
  • WhitewindWhitewind Posts: 17
    Phone: Iphone X
    Name: Whitewind
    Software: IOS 14.5.1
    MCOC Version: Shang Chi update

Issue:
    I Phone X user. Overheating was a problem before but seems even more so now and quickly. Get about 30 min of play before game starts crashing or game starts moving at 5 frames per second...
  • totheendoftotheendof Posts: 50
    Thousands of comments over months complaining about crashes and no real fix. I keep losing half of health in AW and AQ when the game crashes before the fight even starts. How about fixing this and stop stealing my health, Kabam?
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    Wonder when they'll fix this,been a month since the crashes and yet no response lmao. And apart from normal crashes while playing arena, incursion, aw's, aq's , story quests, eq's and side eq's , the game's also crashing when I'm up against thing's sp1 and sp2, silver surfer's sp 3, psycho man's sp 1, cgr's sp 2 and sp 3, dooms sp2 etc. Looking forward to the day when I can play for 2 hours straight without these crashes and lags . huh.
  • Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    I have an IPhone 12 Pro
    iOS is 14.4

I am having issues with Perry mastery in AQ my Perry’s aren’t registering when activated against the so sayith doom modification
  • FtpbcboredFtpbcbored Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Ftpbcbored
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: IOS 14.4.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, AT&T
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: The game constantly overheats and crashes after about an hour or so of playing. Once it fully cools off, it crashes after another hour or so. The lag gets continuously worse as the phone overheats during the hour or so.
  • Taira89Taira89 Posts: 16
    After this new update the game is unplayable, the game constantly freeze, lag input, sometimes parry not working, crash while on war or aq, and on top of that i have to close the game every 5 or 6 fight because it starts to drop fps. Really a maintenance is needed because i'm bored to play right next to the modem and see the lag icon
  • AJC_1870AJC_1870 Posts: 43
    edited May 2021
    Device: IPad 6th Gen
    Version of game: Newest update
    In game name: AJC~18
    Software: Current
    WiFi

SO tired of lags, load screens, disconnections. 20+ times in three days, happening randomly in arenas, AQ and AW while in battle, and that really needs to be addressed before new content is pushed out, and since this latest update, it’s been happening a lot more.

What’s the problem, it’s been years that some of us have been complaining about this now.

Lag, lag and more lag. Defenders are like stop action characters — defender action is very ‘jerky’, not smooth motion. They jerk across the screen making them massively more difficult to block or intercept when this happens, if we can even do it at all. Alliance mates have mentioned experiencing the same problem (across devices/operating systems).

This kind of lag has been happening for a long time now. It definitely happens more near the beginning of the month, which indicates your network or servers don’t have enough capacity to deal with a more crowded game when new content comes out. By the end of the month, that issue is typically reduced but never fully goes away.

I have yet to experience lag in any of the other games I play on this iPad.

Pretty please address this. There have been innumerable posts asking you guys to fix your lag, but nothing seems to change.

YES.

edited May 2021
    Started Tournament play, kicked off four times in a row, kicked off 8 times total in arenas as well in less than a hour and I’m literally sitting in front of my router! WTF?
  • djpelochodjpelocho Posts: 11
    Hi Kabam!
    I believe , you need to reimburse to me my 6 stars crystal, i opened 6 star crystal, i didnt click on the screen yet . i spined it. Gam crashed , after i restarted. i got Wasp.
    i dont want what it happened like this, as if you gave specific champion to exactly player that you want, like to be controlled!
    Please check it. im seriously!!!
    i appreciate very much if you reimburse me 6* crystal .
    my game account: griffin.31
  • Midias12Midias12 Posts: 71
    It's not just iOS Android is having issues too
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Will3808
    iPhone 7
    iOS 14.5
    Both cellular and wifi
    Game version 31.0.1
    All game modes
    The game is crashing way more than normal. I get on, do a few fights, and then the screen goes black and after a second kicks me out. Then the cycle repeats. This started right after the last update and is driving me crazy. I normally wouldn’t say anything about it but I’ve been kicked out of multiple war fights which is really frustrating.
  • Cdw1981Cdw1981 Posts: 17
    iPhone 12
    iOS 14.4.2
    4G and wifi

Same as what others are experiencing; log on, do 5-6 rounds of arena, game crashes and just boots me out. Restart the game & the cycle just keeps repeating itself.
    Have to force close and restart before AW fights, as conscious of the LOVELY 'lose 50% health' mechanic through no fault of my own when the game decides to randomly crash.

This has been happening since April's game update and hasn't been resolved with May's. Sort it out, you melts
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    Well the same thing happened to my game and now I finally know why .Kabam isn't at fault,at least in my case.Make sure your device has more than 1 GB RAM , if it just has 1 GB RAM then the device isn't compatible with the game .
    Since I'm using Ipad air,my device is no longer compatible with the game's latest and upcoming updates,exactly why my game's experiencing constant crashing.
  • Username8923Username8923 Posts: 44
    And that’s not Kabam’s fault because you made changes to how much RAM is used?

No, that was Kabam
  • Username8923Username8923 Posts: 44
    edited May 2021
    This morning I tried to fight in AQ with a full health 6 star Guillotine 2099. The game crashed. I reopened and immediately tried to go back into AQ. At the start of the fight— crash.

And again.

And again.

A total of 5 crashes trying to start 1 fight and I can’t even start the fight. But of course I’m so low in health I couldn’t survive a single blocked hit.

THANKS FOR HELPING, kabam.
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    iPhone XR
    iOS 14.5
    Wifi

Game is lagging! I’m telling about it from January, I can’t play game, I can’t enjoy the game. Frames dropping, stutters comes and I can’t evade bots attacks, sometimes i can’t parry them. After 5 months of lags and crashes, cavalier quest is harder today, i have no idea how to play this game.
  • Webhead_28Webhead_28 Posts: 1
    plzz anyone tell me i am shifting from ios to android and i have used game center as login now how do i login on android
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179

plzz anyone tell me i am shifting from ios to android and i have used game center as login now how do i login on android

Just click on the gear symbol when you’re logged in on your iOS device, select login options and create or login with your kabam ID to save your game in the kabam server. Then go to your Android device and login to the same kabam ID and you’re good to go

• Hello @Ronnyman889. Thank you for helping out the fellow summoner with your insightful response.

• Pinkz_LambPinkz_Lamb Posts: 5
    User name: Pinkz Lamb
    iphone 6plus
    Crashing during everything
    Come on kabam get it together! Are you trying to make everyone not playing these games?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4.8
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 30.2.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? It occurred in Arenas, Quests, and Roster/Champion
    Description of the Issue: The game is continuing to crash and happen very frequently. I get in maybe one or two rounds of arenas before it crashes. Also in questing I get in a couple fights and it does it often during a champion doing an sp1. I've noticed that I've had the game crash 5 or 6 times within a 10-15 minute window. It also happens at loading screens between fights.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    In-Game Name: Fear of Clowns
    Device and Model: Ipad Air 2
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game mode: Quests, AQ, AW, Arena
    Description Of The Issue: The game crashes every so often in any game mode. A couple round of arena, bam! Pressing on a tile in a quest, it goes to the loading screen, bam! It gets so annoying and stupid. There is a solution for this and it is, make the fight recovery screen even shorter to like every 10-15 minutes, so that we players don't have to lose 50% of our health 99% of the time.
  • MarioImpactMarioImpact Posts: 7
    in-Game Name: MarioImpact
    Device and Model: Ipad mini 2 & Iphone 6
    IOS: 12.5.2 on both device (latest for these models)
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game mode: Quests, AQ, Arena, Quest
    Description Of The Issue: Since the April update/ maintenance (3 1/2 weeks ago) when you changed the coding for better cellular performance, games keep crashing on wifi....every 2-3 fights in quests and arena. Reloading the game every 6-7 minutes is draining the battery. Alliance Quest you loose 50% of your health when it crash.

***The fact that this problem hasn't been acknowledge after almost 4 weeks makes it look that it's good business for Kabam has players needs to buy more potions to compensate the 50% health penalty in AQ*** We can't even get 10 players in my alliance to do a quest since the crashes started.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Maybe you should look into an "advanced graphics" toggle in the settings so that players can choose to turn off auxiliary effects that maybe their phone can't handle. World of Warcraft has (or had, haven't played in a while) an option to turn off advanced graphics so people with lesser PC's can still enjoy the game at a decent FPS.
  • Eric_rode10Eric_rode10 Posts: 3
    Nobody,seriously nobody in in our alliance plays AW or AQ,or anything else for that mater anymore because this bloody game bommes out everytime you start,ive logged 2 tickets already and nothing from these kabam bunnies,are they ever gonna fix this game??
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    So the most important issue in the game to report on has been resorted to an answering phone style system that gets zero response or acknowledgement, this is kind of the epitome of terrible customer service/ interaction, I’ve had months and months of my combos being stalled by a lag and then I’m getting hit, the gameplay in this game does not function without perfectly running systems and it seems constant tuning that doesn’t seem to be happening