**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Power issue ban

2»

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Can we just stop with that misconception? Many "pro player" bugs that have been present a long time. They're not picking and choosing which to fix. Any bug is not a good thing, regardless of whether it can be fixed immediately or not.

You're correct. All bugs are bad. But you also know exactly what I'm speaking about as well as it being true about what takes precedence of fixing.

Persistent Charges bug has been around since at least August 2020. That's 10 months and we have had to deal with it.

Incursions Bug has been two weeks, but instead of taking Incursions down, I'm getting daily solo Objectives to complete zones in Incursions.

This isn't right and a lot of the customers (aka and often refered to as "player base") are becoming tired of it.

We are not children, we come to the forums for help and to voice our opinions. But it always seems to fall on deaf ears and people want to defend things that we would not tolerate anywhere as someone with long-term investments toward a product (MCOC).
    Incursions bug has been fixed for a while now...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

We are not children, we come to the forums for help and to voice our opinions. But it always seems to fall on deaf ears and people want to defend things that we would not tolerate anywhere as someone with long-term investments toward a product (MCOC).

Then get everyone to stop acting like it. Kabam wouldn't have to put out those messages if every time there was a way to exploit something, you have people that will do it. They have to take these measures because people try to cheat/exploit things like this all the time. Yet you Karens get offended when they say some thing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Can we just stop with that misconception? Many "pro player" bugs that have been present a long time. They're not picking and choosing which to fix. Any bug is not a good thing, regardless of whether it can be fixed immediately or not.

You're correct. All bugs are bad. But you also know exactly what I'm speaking about as well as it being true about what takes precedence of fixing.

Persistent Charges bug has been around since at least August 2020. That's 10 months and we have had to deal with it.

Incursions Bug has been two weeks, but instead of taking Incursions down, I'm getting daily solo Objectives to complete zones in Incursions.

This isn't right and a lot of the customers (aka and often refered to as "player base") are becoming tired of it.

No. I don't know exactly what you're talking about. I understand what you're saying. I just don't agree with the conspiracy theory. The ONLY thing I know that gets prioritized, as with any gaming situation of this type, is exploitable issues. Those always take priority for a number of reasons, everything from game balance to fairness to creating an irreparable situation. If something is exploitable, that takes precedence, and it has nothing to do with people benefitting from it. It breaks the game, and that's not just about physically making the game unplayable, although it can sometimes crash it. The bottom line is there is no internal "Us vs. Them" dialogue, and anything that REALLY benefits Players, benefits the game. What people call a benefit is just a situation where a bug is being taken advantage of.

Thecurler said:

I’m not too sure about the tone used in the warning at the top of the forum.

Not even the slightest hint of regret for yet another bug, just a warning/threat.

I think that is the main issue we have. It’s not like oh we are sorry that we made something new and again it messed with every game mode. Instead we get this warning/attitude.
    Hold on, so you want an apology because there are people out there knowingly exploiting that bug knowing that it's against the rules even after what happened with Mutant Treasure Island and you want Kabam to apologize? Why aren't you going after the exploiters as well and getting them to apologize for doing something wrong. Why not every time some claims there's a silent nerf you don't get them to apologize? Oh right, you wouldn't be you then. Doesn't fit your narrative that Kabam is the big bad company. Absolutely insane the way you people think.
    Even then, they're most often forced to make an immediate decision to stop the damage, and those situations aren't always ideal.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Can we just stop with that misconception? Many "pro player" bugs have been present a long time.

They havent stayed long though.

They're not picking and choosing which to fix. Any bug is not a good thing, regardless of whether it can be fixed immediately or not.

Please enlighten me as to why theyre always fixed so quickly...
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I haven’t exploited the bug so I have no worries, but I do object to Kabam’s headmaster tone. Just chill out a bit.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Oh no. Big bad Kabam doing something to keep the contest fair and stopping bad behaviour?

I'm sorry, why are they at fault for issuing a warning and potential bans?

Can we just stop with that misconception? Many "pro player" bugs have been present a long time.

They havent stayed long though.

They're not picking and choosing which to fix. Any bug is not a good thing, regardless of whether it can be fixed immediately or not.

Please enlighten me as to why theyre always fixed so quickly...
    See above statements.

njandy said:

“the bug is an unfair advantage”. that phrase goes both ways. every fight of this months side quest my nick fury was bugged and started with decoy gone. that’s just one bug. gotta love when there’s a pro player bug. kabam jumps all over it like top priority and can come up with a resolution as fast as possible. year after year, month after month, there are pro kabam bugs being dragged out for months.

Exactly. We don't get the same respect. If it's a bug that could help the customers (we are players AND your customers) it's fixed extremely fast and then we are talked down toward.

I assume you mean like the havok abyss bug, or Starburst not doing damage, moleman having true accuracy above ten monster mass, tigra ignoring mordos astral evade. Any of those?
    Don't assume, know that I'm serious about all bugs. Half of those I have never encountered because I don't play certain or have certain champs.

All bugs need to be fixed. Communication is needed but not threats.

Apologies are needed and that goes a long way.

Avoiding an issue that is well know is also very bad. Communicate, apologize, fix.

No more threats and attitude issues toward your customers is what I would like to see.
    No body threatened anyone. That text is in the ToS that you agreed to when creating your account. Kabam Boo has already apologized in several threads etc.. They have every right to have an attitude if they want an attitude. Just look at what they have to put up with in threads like this on a daily basis.

We're told not to exploit bugs. People exploit bugs. Kabam tells people it's against the ToS. "WhY aRe YoU tHrEaTeNiNg uS?" Insanity.

Kabam makes millions from MCOC players yet has the audacity to write such a threatening message for a bug they were responsible for, pathetic 😂

If you were threaten by that message, your probably the biggest snowflake of anyone.

Kabam makes millions from MCOC players yet has the audacity to write such a threatening message for a bug they were responsible for, pathetic 😂

You're absolutely right. We're not responsible for the bug. We ARE responsible for our own choice to milk the situation and take advantage of it.

I haven’t exploited the bug so I have no worries, but I do object to Kabam’s headmaster tone. Just chill out a bit.

Why? After almost 7 years of this game running and they still have to tell people not to exploit? Let's say you are a Manager at some retail place. You tell an employee on day 1 that coming in late is bad and not to do it. That employee comes it late, you tell them that you already said it's bad and not to do it. It keeps happening and you keep saying it's bad. This goes on for 7 years, don't you think your patience would be pretty much shot?

The fact that Kabam has to keep telling people not to exploit or cheat at all is reason enough for that message. Maybe it's time they take an even harder stance.
    Imagine. The bank leaves the door unlocked and the alarm turned off and I would still get arrested for robbing it. What a world we live in.
    SMH
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    What is truly amazing is that so many people bash Kabam at every opportunity they get, yet stick around as if they're being held hostage. Don't like what Kabam chooses to do, don't stick around. No one forces you if you don't like something to stay and continue to support them with either your time or your money. The game will survive with or without any of the people who continously complain about everything support.
    IKON said:

Pro player bugs don't exist. Anything making the game easier for you devalues the accomplishments of those that did it legit.

...and that's only one aspect.

Why? After almost 7 years of this game running and they still have to tell people not to exploit? Let's say you are a Manager at some retail place. You tell an employee on day 1 that coming in late is bad and not to do it. That employee comes it late, you tell them that you already said it's bad and not to do it. It keeps happening and you keep saying it's bad. This goes on for 7 years, don't you think your patience would be pretty much shot?

The fact that Kabam has to keep telling people not to exploit or cheat at all is reason enough for that message. Maybe it's time they take an even harder stance.
    We aren’t employees we are customers so that analogy is dumb. If a store posted a sale for 99 cents but it was supposed to be 99 dollars they wouldn’t ban customers who took advantage of the mislabel. They wouldn’t yell at them and tell them “hey! Your not supposed to pay the wrong price!” Never come back here.
    No they wouldn't. There are legal rules that if you are advertising something at "x dollars" you have to sell it at that price unless you have properly put out disclaimers. You just described "bait and switch". That doesn't apply here. You can't find a single example of what you said happening to anyone anywhere.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    That’s all I really need to hear.
This discussion has been closed.