**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Psychic Shielding not working against Mr Negative [Resolved]

SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Not sure if I missed something in his abilities or if anyone else has had this but the Delirium debuff was reversing controls for White Magneto. Shouldn't psychic shielding prevent reverse controls? I think it was working as intended with ProfX
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• VABBI2003VABBI2003 Posts: 44
    It was also getting contols reversed using red mags. It should be resolved or we need a clarification for it.
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151

Not sure if I missed something in his abilities or if anyone else has had this but the Delirium debuff was reversing controls for White Magneto. Shouldn't psychic shielding prevent reverse controls? I think it was working as intended with ProfX

It's because Prof X is reverse control immune.
  • SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
    Danyal_39 said:

Right but originally Magneto's helmet provided that same immunity, as did Juggernaut's but it wasn't initially written into the abilities. I thought that's what the "psychic shielding" tag meant now?
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Danyal_39 said:

Right but originally Magneto's helmet provided that same immunity, as did Juggernaut's but it wasn't initially written into the abilities. I thought that's what the "psychic shielding" tag meant now?
    Nope, psychic shielding is just a tag that interacts with a few abilities. Emma's reversed controls, Stryfe invisibility, Delirium node, etc. Psychic shielding itself doesn't have any effect
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    One doesn't interact with the other.
    Unless the champion itself has an ability to become immune to reverse controls, the debuff from Mr Negative will work as it should
    edited May 2021

One doesn't interact with the other.
    Unless the champion itself has an ability to become immune to reverse controls, the debuff from Mr Negative will work as it should

Right, but Magneto has definitely been immune to reverse controls in other fights due to his helmet. Similar to how Cyclops is immune to Havok's plasma damage for canonical reasons even though it's not spelled out in the abilities. I don't see a reason for it not to work against Mr. Negative.

As a matter of fact I just tested this in a duel against awakened Emma Frost to make sure I wasn't mistaken:

https://youtu.be/pDee2AN7F-c

Soo what the deal here. Why are red n white magneto’s affected by mr negative reversed control?

Kabamm sure was fast fixing the power bug bringing the game down. The same urgency should be done for this bug especially when it’s costing players revive n potions

@Kabam Miike

Read the previous comments.

Neither of the Magnetos even has an ability to be immune to reverse controls. So unless stated otherwise, they will be affected by it.

Neither of the Magnetos even has an ability to be immune to reverse controls. So unless stated otherwise, they will be affected by it.

They literally do though. Watch the video I linked. There's never been a distinction made between psychic vs non-psychic reverse control effects so if that's intended as the interaction it needs to be specified.

You are presuming that it's working as intended and coming up with validation for that point. Ultimately Kabam may share your reasoning but I think it's fair to want them to clarify because until now all reverse controls have been treated the same and have had the same counters

Well theres also nothing stated on why cyclops is immume to havok

That will change in the future. Pretty sure of it.

They literally do though. Watch the video I linked. There's never been a distinction made between psychic vs non-psychic reverse control effects so if that's intended as the interaction it needs to be specified.

You are presuming that it's working as intended and coming up with validation for that point. Ultimately Kabam may share your reasoning but I think it's fair to want them to clarify because until now all reverse controls have been treated the same and have had the same counters
    For that, it is still one of the issues that have been fixed in some previous updates, and still are being changed.

Neither if the Magneto's ever had an ability to be immune to reverse controls. That's a fact. However, there were some scenarios were they wouldn't be affected by it, because someone thought it was a good idea to place easter-eggs that would change the gameplay itself.
    But again, that got kinda fixed in a previous update. A new tag was added to better justify what was happening.

But for Mr. Negative debuff, "Delirium" is just a name. Sure it can cause some misunderstandings due to a node that shares the same name, and I agree with that. But apart from that, the description of the ability is what really matters, and not the name itself. It will affect all champions the same way, unless stated so (champions naturally immune to reverse controls).
  • GiantmetalheadjrGiantmetalheadjr Posts: 337
    IMO it should work for all #psychic shielded champs - otherwise what’s the point?
  • metalman695metalman695 Posts: 109

Hey there, just wanted to hop in and clear things up. Based on what was described, things are working as they're supposed to. Neither Magneto is immune to having their controls reversed, but they both have the Psychic Shielding tag. While the tag doesn't do anything by itself, certain abilities are explicitly prevented by #Psychic Shielding in their descriptions (such as Emma Frost's ability to reverse controls). Reversed controls from other sources will still affect Magneto normally, unless they specifically are prevented by #Psychic Shielding.

On the other hand, champions like Professor X, who have immunity to reversed controls in their abilities will still prevent the control reversal from Delirium, though they'll still be affected by the decrease in Defensive Combat Power Rate caused by the Debuff.

Thank you for the clarification!