**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Months EQ Discussion [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I am in an alliance that has four sister alliances. We have members with 10+ 6r3s to players who just created their accounts months ago and one thing they all agree on is the that this months EQ is a bit much.

Do you mean they bought their accounts and don't know how to play the game properly?

How much easier do you need Cavalier difficulty to be before you're satisfied? Cav difficulty is a joke.
    You omitted the word “TO”.

OP means his alliance cover wide range of players, from junior players who newly joined to senior players who have already got over 10 6r3.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    There is just too much going on in these fights, not really enjoying it. I seemed to have used Hit Monkey lots more than I usually do.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

It's okay imo it's supposed to be this difficult but it's still not interesting.
    Falter, evade and unstoppable. That's it. Fights like Thanos make you feel motivated to fight, this is just an annoyance at best.

Not to be mentioned he regens 500% back health based off damage being taken. Like is this ROL we playing, who in their right mind thought was a good idea to release that node 🤦‍♂️.
    God forbid a node that forces you to intercept..
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I agreed with you until you said that it was "overly gated." For the Tech quest, I used AA, Mags, and Void. Not a single tech champ on my team. For the Cosmic quest, I used Mags more than I used CMM. You don't need one class, you just need one champ that works for the node
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

RaviDavi said:

I was getting ready to 100% the Shang-Chi Quest, but then I entered the next quest for the first time and that Nova on Biohazard is hideous (I don't have a good counter for that) so... will explore the first 2 chapters and see how close I can get and just push through with revives.

The devs really dont think carefully when comes placing champs on certain nodes thinking it will workout perfectly. It's as if they dont play this game at all. I've said many times and will say again certain champs should not ever be combed with certain nodes that makes them broken
    Nova on biohazzard just use Red Magneto.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Honestly, I completely disagree with what you're saying. Though this month was not as easy as last month, it's by far one of the less painful ones. I only have one r3, Emma frost, and I was able to manage all bosses except hit monkey and Mr negative without revives, and even they only took 2 revives, and only on completion. If you have people with 10+ r3s, they should be able to laugh off this content. Just my opinion
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The only question is whether the reward is worth the effort for the targeted audience. That's all that matters to me, anyways.

- Chapter 1 tends to be geared towards fresh-Cav level, or a couple good r4s.
    - Chapter 3 tends to be geared towards late-Cav level, or a broader roster of counters at r4/r5.

Are they this time? Dunno, I've only done the easy line because I'm lazy. Did almost get team-wiped by Spidey because I didn't read the node, but that was more hilarious than frustrating.

Anyways, if you're complaining that it's too easy while using 6r3s, or all the perfect counters at 5r5, no **** lol. That would need TB-level EQ, which should be a thing, but I'm not sure we're ready for the reward fallout that'd come from it. Yet.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The only question is whether the reward is worth the effort for the targeted audience. That's all that matters to me, anyways.

- Chapter 1 tends to be geared towards fresh-Cav level, or a couple good r4s.
    - Chapter 3 tends to be geared towards late-Cav level, or a broader roster of counters at r4/r5.

Are they this time? Dunno, I've only done the easy line because I'm lazy. Did almost get team-wiped by Spidey because I didn't read the node, but that was more hilarious than frustrating.

Anyways, if you're complaining that it's too easy while using 6r3s, or all the perfect counters at 5r5, no **** lol. That would need TB-level EQ, which should be a thing, but I'm not sure we're ready for the reward fallout that'd come from it. Yet.

Cav EQ is meant to challenge everyone from Fresh Cavs to those who have at least beaten 6.4 (let alone those who 100% Act 6).

You can't just make Cav EQ easy enough for all Cavs to beat and leave those Cavs who have completed Act 6 be left unchallenged. This isn't even a "Oh thronebreakers are having an easy time" issue. Hell I'm Thronebreaker with a single R3, soon to have my second once level up happens, so I'm probably closer to that high end Cav player than Thronebreaker realistically and this EQ still wasn't a challenge because being able to read ability and nodes is something that everyone can do regardless of their progression level.

And just for a little story time, the first UCEQ that I attempted to do just after getting UC, I couldn't even get past the second chapter, let alone 100% it. The first Cav EQ however I managed to 100% within the first 3 days without any real issue other than learning how Apoc worked, and that was months prior to me getting TB, or even having more than 5 or 6 R5s at that point.

People who go in with the expectation of "I've just got Cavalier I should be able to complete this EQ" need to reevaluate their own limitations, be it with their roster or with their own skill. Those are the only two factors that they can work on by themselves and improve upon. If Cav EQ is too hard, do UC and Master each month and build a roster. It is easier now to gain more champs that can be used for each but of content than it ever was before since there isn't many champs that have completely unique abilities that only they can use to beat certain nodes. It's not like there's one champ who can counter evade, or counter delirium anymore.
    ItsDamien said:

Cav EQ is meant to challenge everyone from Fresh Cavs to those who have at least beaten 6.4 (let alone those who 100% Act 6).

You can't just make Cav EQ easy enough for all Cavs to beat and leave those Cavs who have completed Act 6 be left unchallenged.

So we agree? I'm not gonna read your post if you didn't read mine.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

It's okay imo it's supposed to be this difficult but it's still not interesting.
    Falter, evade and unstoppable. That's it. Fights like Thanos make you feel motivated to fight, this is just an annoyance at best.

Not to be mentioned he regens 500% back health based off damage being taken. Like is this ROL we playing, who in their right mind thought was a good idea to release that node 🤦‍♂️.
    Bruh just intercept with a bleed immune or someone. Don't you have 6 star r3's and multiple accounts?
    edited May 2021

ItsDamien said:

You can't just make Cav EQ easy enough for all Cavs to beat and leave those Cavs who have completed Act 6 be left unchallenged.

So we agree? I'm not gonna read your post if you didn't read mine.

Oh I read your post. I also read that you didn't even 100% the EQ so I guess your opinions on the EQ as a whole are irrelevant too. Late game Cavs, not even Thronebreakers, are having an easy time too. This isn't what Cav Difficulty was meant to be, it was meant to challenge those late game cavs as well and it's simply not.

Edit: love when my saved draft gets attached
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Well Is this month little tuned up in difficulty?
    Yes!
    Did It brought more enjoyment in think about countering bosses?
    Yes and enjoyable!
    I just do one thing if I mess up,
    Just Quit and try again when my energy comes back.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Tru100 said:

The paths themselves feel easier with the right counters, and it seems like there's a handful of options for each class chapter. I find you can typically bring 1-2 champs for the path and have 3 slots left for hard boss counters. In contrast to op, I feel every month generally gets me closer to itemless/near itemless because you get used to the nodes and your roster gets a little better.

Yeah, I think the paths themselves are way easier this month. If you have one good counter for each class type, almost every path can be cleared by that one champ and there are no non boss road block nodes.

Warlock, Angela and Nick Fury were my standouts.
    ItsDamien said:

Oh I read your post. I also read that you didn't even 100% the EQ so I guess your opinions on the EQ as a whole are irrelevant too. Late game Cavs, not even Thronebreakers, are having an easy time too. This isn't what Cav Difficulty was meant to be, it was meant to challenge those late game cavs as well and it's simply not.

Where in there did I say I wanted it to be easier, then? Lol. I didn't even say this CavEQ was hard.

Seriously though, I'm curious where this misconception came from.

ItsDamien said:

Where in there did I say I wanted it to be easier, then? Lol. I didn't even say this CavEQ was hard.

Nowhere. But nowhere did I state that you wanted it to be easier either.

My point was that the difficulty should be higher, regardless if people have multiple R3s and are Thronebreaker, or even if someone is just a high end cav who doesn't have any R3s yet. Cav difficulty was meant to challenge both new Cavs and people who have done 6.4. Currently the only ones who are being challenged and seemingly the ones who complain that it is too difficult are the ones who have only beaten 6.1 and nothing more.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    One of the best Cav eq yet
    Change my mind
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Nowhere. But nowhere did I state that you wanted it to be easier either.

My point was that the difficulty should be higher, regardless if people have multiple R3s and are Thronebreaker, or even if someone is just a high end cav who doesn't have any R3s yet. Cav difficulty was meant to challenge both new Cavs and people who have done 6.4. Currently the only ones who are being challenged and seemingly the ones who complain that it is too difficult are the ones who have only beaten 6.1 and nothing more.
    The difficulty won't get any higher outside of the regular ebb and flow, though. The range itself is too big and you've already stated that. You're comparing players who could have beaten 6.1 before the first nerf, completed act 6 before the nerf, and been end game for years to people who could have theoretically beat the champion yesterday. We accept on the low end, that new Cav player won't be able to complete the Cav EQ because it's too hard. But if that one extreme is true, isn't the other, that an old TB player will find it too easy??

So, then why ask for it to be harder? Is it any different than a newer cav asking for it to be easier? It's the same argument but represents a different subset of people. "This doesn't fit my needs and it should be changed".

FWIW, I don't mind it being a little bit more thought intensive, because truly I don't feel bad if you don't prepare for the fight. If you got to Cav you had to plan and think to get it. Even easier, the Champion is still a roadblock, and it should clue you in on how the game progresses past that point. That said, it's cav EQ and not a higher difficulty level. I expect it to be easier for a long time TB or "breaker of thrones" and there's no way around that. But they can't skew the difficulty towards the people who find it easier as the EQs are meant to help with roster progression, not solely serve as a roster depth check. To me, that's special quests.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Sometimes it's good to be reminded that as far as we've gone, that we're still put in effort from time to time.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I really havent had any problem yet or noticed any real issues. All seems pretty straightforward for me. Some thought needed in the fights verses turn of brain and parry punch but that should be expected on some boss fights at this point in content.

I do play each quest 100% on cav before moving on so about to hit mr negative so not fully rounded opinion yet.

Also I don’t have a bunch of r3 or anything like that. Entire thing is basically done r5 5Stars or r2 6 stars I’m using exception being my r3 doom. Team have consisted of combinations through of Cap IW/hype/warlock/fury/HT/AA/Sunspot/stealthy/falcon for the most part. Approriate champs for chapter plus boss counters as needed. Maybe some other one offs for testing or fun.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    It’s harder than previous ones but not too hard. Just need specific roster.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    The EQ itself isn't a problem, the difficulty is just right. But the problem is that there's way too much issues in-fight. Lags, parries not registering, and I have had on more 3 occasions in this month noticed that when I swept back for dex or hold block the character randomly swings in for a medium and light.

I couldn't record the fights because they lag even more, so I guess my complaint voids here but I wrote this just incase other people have been witnessing it too. I've stopped enjoying fights because of these. Especially when I want precise consecutive movements but the game just doesn't agree.
  • Bafamet_1979Bafamet_1979 Posts: 40
    Aziz5253 said:

The EQ itself isn't a problem, the difficulty is just right. But the problem is that there's way too much issues in-fight. Lags, parries not registering, and I have had on more 3 occasions in this month noticed that when I swept back for dex or hold block the character randomly swings in for a medium and light.

I couldn't record the fights because they lag even more, so I guess my complaint voids here but I wrote this just incase other people have been witnessing it too. I've stopped enjoying fights because of these. Especially when I want precise consecutive movements but the game just doesn't agree.

I agree, the random glitches makes for a terrible time. I myself don't find it challenging to fight a Havok and a Bishop on the same path that gives attack bonus Cosmic champs and you know they use energy attacks. You have to bring a counter for them and it makes for a long and boring fight.