**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are AW resources so expensive???

Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
A normal health pot is 10K health for 28 units. In AW you get 9500 health for 80 units. That's almost 3x cost for less health. Why? A team revive to fight GrandMaster costs 100 units for 5 champs. A team revive to fight AW boss costs 360 units for 3 champs. Almost 4x cost. Why? In light of some of the future road map plans seems lowering these costs would be an easy QoL boost to this game mode.

The current scaling would make sense if AW was primary mode of the game and the rewards justified the extra investment. But as it stands seems they should either lower costs to be in line w resource costs in rest of the game, or bump rewards to justify investment (or continue to lose community interest in the game mode). I enjoy the competitive aspect of AW, and fighting w your ally mates as a team, but it's increasingly difficult to justify the costs vs the payoff in comparison to other modes of the game.

Comments

• Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

Also, the revives for AW and AQ suck. They need to be switched to percentage based, not flat values. It's ridiculous that a lvl 1 revive only gives me 350 health. For my 6r3s, that's not even 1% of their health.

This too. Those 350 health pots are silly, borderline trolling us.

Wrt making money. They lowered pot costs in rest of the game, they should have done it in AW too. I think people will end up spending the units elsewhere, so doesn't affect their bottom line, just hurts that particular game mode. Lowered resource costs can only boost interest and engagement, maybe they end up making more $ via higher volume/participation. Worth a shot.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    while the resources are not technically cheaper then before, the massive nerfing of war does reduce the cost a ton, so in a way pots/revives are way cheaper then before
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

To make more money.

To be fair, there's no way Kabam is making all that much money from AW. There's just not enough hard core competitive alliances compared to the revenue they make from everywhere else. Those things are expensive to basically make it hard to buy wins. And to be honest, in lower tier war they do function as a thing people generally don't like to use unless it is both necessary and potentially war altering, so they are getting the most bang for buck. But in the highest tiers of war, the intensity of competition is such that they are completely non-optional, and just become a high cost of entry. That's a player-driven meta that is encouraged by some subtle and not so subtle design choices in Alliance War that make it the Suckiest Game Mode.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

while the resources are not technically cheaper then before, the massive nerfing of war does reduce the cost a ton, so in a way pots/revives are way cheaper then before

I think I've used like 3 or 4 pots this season
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Make pots and revives percentage based throughout the game. Everything else is illogical BS to be honest.