**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• BuckRogersBuckRogers Posts: 14
    edited May 2021
    I found a possible way to look into these performance issues.
    My Xiaomi mi10T pro has a function to display the fps. (Hidden in developer options, power monitor)
    And i noticed that in some fights it will top out at 30fps. (25-30fps)
    In these fights the timing of blocks is off and the game runs terrible, like the defender is on a higher frame rate than i am.
    In other fights the fps goes from roughly 75fps till 90 fps, in these fights everything feels normal.
    From fight to fight in quests this can go one or the other way, I didn't really found some way to predict it.

In-Game Name: BuckRogers
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Mi 10T pro (SD 865)
    Device Operating System: Android 11 (MIUI 12.1.5)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest. 31.0.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? AQ, AW, Quests, Story
    Description of the Issue: Failing blocks, missing inputs, performance issues, random heavy's. But related to what i mentioned in the begining.

My older SD835 Xiaomi mi mix 2 has none of these issues.

• DeathduetDeathduet Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Deathduet
    Samsung a12
    Android 10
    Both home WiFi and mobile data
    31.0.2. I think? 1144511 in game - no option to update on Google Play I should add.

AQ fights 20+ minutes on loading screen and freezing when i click fight. Between here and being stick on load screen game freeze for 5mins mins ish. Then stuck for an eternity. Claire 5/65s100ish vs mystic doombot map5 right corner first fight. Minimising makes it crash out and thats half hp gone. Tried multiple times and so far lost an hour loading and not going to bother trying to start a fight at 12.5% hp and it getting chopped in half again due to a freeze and another crash.
  • RoyalGrv1402RoyalGrv1402 Posts: 41
    In game name - Royal Grv
    Device and model- One+ 7Pro
    Device oprating system- Android 11
    Cellular or WIFI- both
    Game version- Latest
    Game mode- Every mode
    Description of issue- Insane disconnection, every 20-30 minutes, in between fights. Can't complete quest. Need to do every fight atleast twice. Arena is nightmare. Too juch milestone abd now this. Grinding like crazy still not able to reach all milestone. Before it was easy .
    Arrange compensation that's insane these days.

• D3v1LAsmit1D3v1LAsmit1 Posts: 20
    In game name- D3V1LAsmit
    Device and model- Samsung galaxy grand prime
    Operating system- Android 8.0
    Using Wifi at all times
    Game version- 31.0.1
    Game mode- All
    Description:-
    In certain fights the screen freezes and then after 2 seconds the game resumes and the defender most probably has hit me till then and this causes me to use a lot of revives and health potions. Whenever there is a pro-player bug..u stop the game immediately and fix it but these bugs still exist cuz you can make money off of players buying revives and potions

PS: voting arena sucks
  • Pac_OutlawPac_Outlaw Posts: 5
    edited May 2021
    In game name : Pac-Outlaw
    Phone type : Sony Xperia 10
    Android 10
    Model : 13113
    Internet : Cellular
    Game version : 31.0.1

I'm having issues with all my characters, they don't respond to control on the screen. I can't Heavy attack and sometimes, I can't block. special attack won't respond when I press it. In Alliance Quest, the game will stuck in loading until I exit and re-opened the game, but then the fight will be counted as loss. Not responding to what I pressed on the screen constantly occurs most of the time, and it's happen in all fights.
  • ErenBabaFatherErenBabaFather Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: ErenB.
    Device and Model: Samsung S20 FE
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 11.0
    Cellular of WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: 2 minutes into game, every mode.
    Description of Issue: When I connect via WiFi, 2 minutes into game, internet connection issue comes out. And the game becomes unplayable indefinitely until I restart it. This problem does not occur when I play using Cellular Data. Can you please help?
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    In-Game Name: T l-l A N O S
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular data
    Game Version Installed: 31.0.1
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Haven't been able to log on since last night cannot get past the login screen :(

edited May 2021

Some screenshots from arena where i encountered the 3 different fps locks.
    25, 50 and one without cap. Around 70-90 for this mode.
    It is random wich one will be applied to the fight, but it locks it from the start.

On the 25fps lock gameplay is affected, lag, missing parry's.

Setting to display this is in android 11 developer options.
    My hardware is in the previous post i made on this page.

g" alt="" />

• InbanjemInbanjem Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: BenOnVormir
    Device and Model: Hwawei Nexus 6P
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1
    Game Mode: Alliance War & Quests, All Quests, and arenas.
    Description of the Issue: My characters will just stop blocking at random times mid fight. It's as if the game stops accepting input for a couple of seconds. It seems like it happens more often when special attacks or stages cause lag. Suffice it to say, difficult content is basically impossible for me because of this. Losing fights in war or quest because my character just stops blocking when my finger is clearly holding block is beyond frustrating. Makes me wish I could just use a controller like any other fighting game.
  • Pac_OutlawPac_Outlaw Posts: 5
    Inbanjem said:

In-Game Name: BenOnVormir
    Device and Model: Hwawei Nexus 6P
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1
    Game Mode: Alliance War & Quests, All Quests, and arenas.
    Description of the Issue: My characters will just stop blocking at random times mid fight. It's as if the game stops accepting input for a couple of seconds. It seems like it happens more often when special attacks or stages cause lag. Suffice it to say, difficult content is basically impossible for me because of this. Losing fights in war or quest because my character just stops blocking when my finger is clearly holding block is beyond frustrating. Makes me wish I could just use a controller like any other fighting game.

I also go through the same thing, blocking and Heavy attack failed so many times. At first, I thought it was my phone, I wiped up my phone and re-installed the game, but the problem never go away. Even to pause the game sometimes its a problem.
  • tekCom619tekCom619 Posts: 10
    loads of Lag , Crash , freeze , Server issues that are Obviously the Responsibility of the Developer , and l ask you , Friends , WHAT HAS KABAM DONE IN (over a year) to COMPENSATE US ? and ARE WE GOING TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE DISRESPECTED AND IGNORED LIKE A BUNCH OF FOOLS
  • JrideJride Posts: 15
    Same in fight issues. It doesn't happen every fight but 80 % of them. 2 sec lag and it never fails , I'm usually dodging an attack.
    I have a Galaxy , but come on , this has been going on for Months
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    Moto G power
    Lag and delay inputs in all game modes. Usually the game plays better after a week after the update. This time it has gotten worse. I have to reset game several times when it gets too sluggish. Have seen several youtubers experiencing the same even with high end devices .
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Parry. Doesn't. Stun.
  • Harry007Harry007 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: V3n0m1005
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy F41
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Game Version Installed: 31.0.2
    Game Mode: Story Quests,Event Quests and Arenas
    Description of the Issue:- Even though my device has a 6GB RAM space, Using Champions with fancy animations like Mysterio, Jabari Panther etc. make my game lag a lot,actions like sp1,sp2 heavy attacks are much slower And also missing timings on dex and parries,pls help.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Android 11
    Version 31.1.0
    Incursions
    Wifi

I've had a number of dropped combos since the update. It will simply release a Heavy when I'm in the middle of a combo, even though I've been making contact with my phone. Usually around the second hit, it will release a Heavy instead of another Light.
    edited June 2021
    The fps cap is still present in the new update. I even saw 15fps with the last update.
    There is a work around for some fights though.
    If I pause the fight, exit to my mobile home screen, reenter mcoc i would get the higer fps.
    And i could fight without lagg.
    So say i am in arena, encounter a fight with lag capped at 25fps, or even 15.
    Just pause the fight, go to home screen, reenter the game, and i would get 70-90fps and a better experience.
    In AW and AQ this is offcourse no option, but in game and arena it works.

Kabam needs to look into why the game sets the low fps cap at the start of some fights with these newer phones.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c2k0reYAqQc
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    Moto G Power
    Wi-Fi
    All game modes
    Game freezes and/or disconnects with current update.
    Wished I didn't update and kept the old bugs.
  • Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 167 ★★
    edited June 2021
    In-Game Name: Sir Globalot
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Last updated 26/5/21
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Multiple new champion specials cause the game to freeze and instantly close/crash, such as Psychoman's sp1, ALL of Mr Negative's specials, Odin's sp1 etc. It seems to be any particle effect special which overloads the game; my tablet uses no other apps and is only 1 and 1/2 years old. Older champions run smoothly (minus Doom sp2). This has made certain champions totally unplayable, and a nightmare to fight against AI.
  • B3astKillaz_B3astKillaz_ Posts: 2
    Name: CabooseBLC
    Model: Galaxy A6
    Operating System: Android 10
    WiFi
    Version: 31.1.1
    Game Mode: Every game mode I have experienced problems

Issue: During fights I experience lag and freezing throughout, and before I click start fight it lags for like 10 seconds. It also lags whenever I travel through the game UI like in the main menu and such. Everything takes a long time to load. I have the worst issue in AQ whenever I start a fight. When I press start fight in AQ the game freezes for like 20-30 seconds, which causes me to lose time. I have experienced these problems for almost a year now and I am hoping for it to be resolved. So in summary, I experience lag during fights and freezes during loading screens.
  • OhajuOhaju Posts: 5
    I try playing aq,but is not playing,but event quest is playing, but I can't be able to play aq my other teamate are already playing,but mine is not playing
  • OhajuOhaju Posts: 5
    Also when there times I don't launch heavy attack or light attack or medium attack but I find my champ launching those attacks without me issuing the command
  • ABLE_G19ABLE_G19 Posts: 18
    In-Game name - IAmAble
    Device name - Samsung A12
    Cellular or WiFi - Cellular
    Game version installed - Latest
    Game mode - AQ
    Description - AQ loads till infinity after pressing the start button for Map 4 and above. This got me kicked from my alliance the last two months but it was fixed a while back. Now it's back again. AQ is one of the most important aspects of this game for account growth. Urgent help needed