**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cannot Join AQ - Two AQs? EDIT: Can Join, but two AQs are up

Comments

• Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    You won't hear anything else. Almost 5 pm pst....time to go!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be staying up past midnight every night this week to make sure we get to the first cable....rather than run 30 min timers for the first day to make up time you decided to shift the entire schedule for a week affecting every day?

what kind of logic is that?

AQ starts at 3am in my timezone. Why should you always have the benefits?

• FlushFlush Posts: 106
    When will yous all learn this game will never be right I mean never they have bugs and issue every single week and they will never respond to most yous unless it suits them but we are always expected to wait and be patient till they fix one thing to break another boycott worked to some extent but once they keep maken cash they don't care never will before 12 update things were never as bad for multimillion company there doin a **** job at running this game kabam had done nutting but made bad reputation in gaming community
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Miike, your company lives off of their customers. Don't you think it makes sense then to prioritize customers over working during weekend?

Sorry guys, but this is just one point out of many. This isn't about "inconveniencing the team" or not wanting to work on Saturday. A major fix was just made, and has been tested, but to ensure that it is working, we need to start Alliance Quests, and need to ensure that the fix is working as soon as we can. If for some reason this doesn't work, and we have to delay it further, we will, but if we wait until tomorrow and then it doesn't work, this will delay it even further, and then it becomes more of an issue where the entire team is not as available as they are right now.

You guys know that any time a problem arises over the weekend, the team will work all hours of the day to get it fixed. We've worked through nights, weekends, holidays, and are always as responsive as possible, but that's because we can get things fixed and live as soon as we can, and then iterate on that if we have to.

We know that this isn't a perfect situation, and the best case would have been not having this occur at all, but unfortunately, it did, and now we're working on getting this fixed and AQ live as soon as we can.

This comment was deleted, and I wasn't given a reason as to why, so I'll post it again :)

This is a hard backtrack on a blatant admission that staff is prioritized over the player-base. It is now tragically clear that all promises made after the 12.0 debacle were nothing more than lip service. I wanted to give Kabam the benefit of the doubt, but their claims no longer have any substance. They've lost any shred of credibility. MARVEL DESERVES BETTER!
  • MGal9991MGal9991 Posts: 8
    Yeno i honestly think u guys sit in ur little office and have meetings about how can we annoy everyone today what can we do to be awkward towards the community since 12.0 it been one thing after another is it too much to ask for a update not to break things when ur fixing em lol it been few months now one thing after another bugs are part of every game but not this much and then u decide throw AQ live hours later and not do anything to help player base from what looks like all week will be starting 12am uk time
  • And just like that Kabam employees are out the door and heading home for the weekend giving their player base a huge middle finger on their way out!
  • LilWolfyLilWolfy Posts: 42
    LilWolfy wrote: »
    don't worry just get your friends to log you to take the strain of as its 1 hour timers . ... oh wait kabam'd.

and we can't have 30 minute timers as there detrimental to the game and the playerbase, because you know having more moves available regularly is such a bad thing.

Exactly. Having more options hurts everyone. It actually forces you to wake up every 30 minutes to move.

I know , we'd have to log on every 30 minutes or alliance members would get furious:0 or how about if you can't log every 30 minutes which putz stress on people .... remember these are all good and valid points the mods brought up..

because remember you must use every energy everytime you get one ofc... p.p
  • LogeyBear87LogeyBear87 Posts: 41
    Very least they could have done is fill up our energy bar to full for us
  • SilynSilyn Posts: 9
    30 min timers and 10 slots for energy if Kabam is really worried about it being wasted while we sleep. Sounds like an easy fix!
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    The timer would suggest that's the case.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Can't we at least address the 30 min timer requests? I understand the need to run it on a Friday but clearly this changes the game for a lot of alliances.

Many are in international alliances with BGs set up to allow for completion and coordination based off time zones and availability. 30 min timers are a simple way to allow everyone a chance at normal completions without shifting around entire alliances.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Cristalman wrote: »
    The timer on Alliance Quests will be adjusted so the end time of the series compensates for the delayed start time.

Does it mean we will start AQ at this time every day of this session?

Don't see how it could mean anything else. Kabam cares so much about international players they would rather screw them all for the entire AQ than take the chance that some alliances will be irrational about not moving while sleeping with 30 minute timers.
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    The timer on Alliance Quests will be adjusted so the end time of the series compensates for the delayed start time.

That's exactly what it means. I wonder if kabam understands that people actually plan their lives around kabams game. That's no small thing. After years of the same start time(give or take an hour for time change) suddenly it's non chalantly changed as if that is meaningless to the community. Or the community is meaningless to kabam. Take your pick.

• SilynSilyn Posts: 9
    Yes there are downstream consequences of starting AQ 4 hours late. 30 min timers would be a simple way to address these consequences, a solution that Kabam readily implemented the past.

I do not believe allowing the player base to suffer for mistakes made by Kabam is not the right call.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    420down wrote: »

That's exactly what it means. I wonder if kabam understands that people actually plan their lives around kabams game. That's no small thing. After years of the same start time(give or take an hour for time change) suddenly it's non chalantly changed as if that is meaningless to the community. Or the community is meaningless to kabam. Take your pick.

I take the latter.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Remember after 12.0 when they preached transparency and told us that we mattered? Boy that sure lasted long. This company does not take its consumers seriously and it's time we pushed back to show why that's a mistake.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    They couldn't even post a god damn update that AQ is back up?

Remember when you said you'd do a better job communicating with the playerbase? You're failing miserably.
  • SouderwanSouderwan Posts: 2
    Should we all just post "30 min timers" incessantly until you grasp the point? We'll do it Twitter style so you don't have to sift through a lot of words. Short and sweet.

#30minTimers
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Hey All,

I know that many of you feel that we should be changing the start time of this event to 12 pm PDT tomorrow, but there are a few reasons that we cannot do this, aside from the shifting of the schedule. A major one has to do with the scheduling and ability to move on any issues that may arise, being as it is a Saturday.

We will be issuing all refunds to Alliance treasuries within the next hour, and starting the next round of Alliance Quests at 4pm PDT (approx 1 hour away).

Sooo...you can't start aq with 24h delay because you don't work on saturdays? That's your reason??

No. That's only one concern, but it is an important one. With the rocky start that happened today, we want to start the series when we have all hands on deck, and have every possible resource available, like we do on a weekday afternoon.

You do realize this screws everyone right ? And still 1 hour timers ? Half of our alliance is asleep, this will screw everyone. I'm taking my concerns to Google and letting them know how you have totally screwed your user base. This is unacceptable. If you screwed up, you should make things right instead of screwing alliances out of rewards. We pay good money to keep this game running and you **** on us like this. We will probably only get 3 aqs out of this series. You got our money and run. I'll be asking for mine back
  • SouderwanSouderwan Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Ok. Well done.

#30minTimers
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    Thank you
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Alright everybody, so I took all of your concerns to the team, especially surrounding how this will throw off a number of your guys schedules for the entire week, and the team agrees that because the disruption has a fairly decent effect on all players, and because we couldn't hold this series start until tomorrow, we can do more.

We're currently working on getting timers switched to 30 minutes for the remainder of this Alliance Quest. We've pushed the button to get the timer changed, but this will take between 10 and 15 minutes to hit your game, and then the change will occur when you receive your next energy.

Thank you!
    xjcsjx4o0c99.jpg

• PrezesPrezes Posts: 7
    Kabam Miike - when this decision would be made before start of AQ it will save a lot of time and problems
  • MilienM5MilienM5 Posts: 11
    Ok we're getting "punished" with 30 mins timer now.