**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Allowing 4*s in Act 6 would allow diverse Carina challenges

I know the whole 4*s in act 6 thing has been discussed countless times, but the reasons behind that has gone out the window with the introduction of these challenges.

I do not think asking us to use 3*s in act 5 is easier by any mark than us using 4*s in act 6. I understand why Kabam initially put this in place, but we can probably all agree the game has moved well well past this. Us using 4 *s in act 6 could open up lots of challenge for not only thronebreakers, but cav and uncollected players too.

These Carina challenges have been well recieved by the community becuase not only are most of them fun, they give is a reason to use the lesser *level champions in our rosters again.

I think just throwing out challenges for Cav players such as "use only 4* #mutants for 6.1.2" for something like 2000 6* shards and a 5% t5cc would not only spark interest in peoples 4* rosters, but extremely easy to pump out for Kabam. It would not take long for Kabam to think of these (implimentation is another issue alltogeher).

Basically we all have a large amount of 4*s ranked up sitting in our rosters and I think Kabam are shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing 4*s in act 6 and 7. Its not crazt for me to say a lot of people have lost interet in MCOC with the lack of content in 2021 so far. This would be a pretty easy way to add content for ALL progresion levels, not just us Thronebreakers as TB isnt the only progression level you can be bored at.

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

I think it’s a bit late for four stars to be allowed in

Step 1: put Carina challenges in the “special quests section. For quest challenges, that means just recreating the most logical path from the map, if you don’t want to do the whole map.

Step 2: put champion requirements so people don’t do stuff like accidentally bring 5-star Quake, or get confused about one/both Cyclopses.

There. I solved it in 2. Now go beat the Champion with a team of 4-stars.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Tostig32 said:

Why is it too late? If its possible for them to lift the restrictions and add challenges in for TB/Cav/Uncollected to give not only progressing players but long time players something to work towards, why not do it
    Because if you do it now, everyone who's done act 6 without them would be in a complete uproar. We've seen already that no one needs 4*'s in act 6 to complete these challenges. If you can't do it without the 4*'s, then you don't need to do the challenges.
    Be in an uproar.....why. Why would any of us Thronebreakers be in an uproar lmao. What is there to dislike about optional challenge content that would give rewards for you to progress. People have done LoL with 4* starlord in the past and now it has returned, wheres the uproar there. Its simple, you go back over the content doing the challenges....like we all just did last week. The way youre phrasing this makes it sound like people on their first time going through act 6 would use just 4* #kree rather than just revisit it later on. I do not understand this point.

You say no one needs 4*s in act 6 to complete the challenges, but then you just tweak the challenges/restrictions to appropriate difficulty. The point i'm making is that the 4* restriction in act 6 is locking away possible challenge content for no good reason. Rather than constructing a whole new variant every 4 months. Simply introducing challenge content is far easier and would keep people entertained.
    Everytime there's a change to content, whether it's act 3 or act 6, everyone thinks they need compensation. They already nerfed Act 6, they don't need to allow 4*'s in it as well.

Allowing 4*'s in act 6 opens a can of worms no one at Kabam wants to deal with.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Easy solution is to make it so that 4* are allowed in Act 6 once you have 100%ed it

I was literally just about to post this myself.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Easy solution is to make it so that 4* are allowed in Act 6 once you have 100%ed it

This guy gets it!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I completely disagree with the notion that they should remove the 4* gate. We’re at a point in the game where allowing us to use 4*s in act 6 would make it too accessible. Act 6 is supposed to be difficult and restricting it to 5 and 6 stars makes it even more so. It’s also way too late to do this. Kabam has already made the decision not to and changing it now would have too many negative consequences without it any positives. Do you really want people with super low level accounts who just joined to breeze through act 6 because they have a few good maxed 4*s? I definitely don’t.

Allowing 4*s in act 6 only for the purpose of carina’s challenges makes sense but it’s too much of a leap to allow them whenever.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Tostig32 said:

Tostig32 said:

Why is it too late? If its possible for them to lift the restrictions and add challenges in for TB/Cav/Uncollected to give not only progressing players but long time players something to work towards, why not do it
    Because if you do it now, everyone who's done act 6 without them would be in a complete uproar. We've seen already that no one needs 4*'s in act 6 to complete these challenges. If you can't do it without the 4*'s, then you don't need to do the challenges.
    Be in an uproar.....why. Why would any of us Thronebreakers be in an uproar lmao. What is there to dislike about optional challenge content that would give rewards for you to progress. People have done LoL with 4* starlord in the past and now it has returned, wheres the uproar there. Its simple, you go back over the content doing the challenges....like we all just did last week. The way youre phrasing this makes it sound like people on their first time going through act 6 would use just 4* #kree rather than just revisit it later on. I do not understand this point.

You say no one needs 4*s in act 6 to complete the challenges, but then you just tweak the challenges/restrictions to appropriate difficulty. The point i'm making is that the 4* restriction in act 6 is locking away possible challenge content for no good reason. Rather than constructing a whole new variant every 4 months. Simply introducing challenge content is far easier and would keep people entertained.
    Everytime there's a change to content, whether it's act 3 or act 6, everyone thinks they need compensation. They already nerfed Act 6, they don't need to allow 4*'s in it as well.

No one is changing content. Its lifting the restriction for the purpose of adding interesting challenges for players at multiple progression levels.

I'm not talking about compensation being needed. You're again, phrasing this as if 4*s are meant to make this content easier and hence require compensation???

I feel like you have entirely missed the point of my original post, not entirely sure how. What "can of worms" is this, some examples would be nice but again please reread my original post.
    Allowing 4* into act 6 would make it easier because of synergies. I can guarantee if they were allowed there would be an uproar about it. Whenever anything is changed there is a group who will complain. 4* in act 6, is by definition changing the content.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Yea, most progressing players reach a stand-still in act 6 since they don't have many good champions ranked up for some niche purpose needed here. Having 4* allowed for everyone would basically be like a F you to all the players who patiently waited and grinded out their 5* and 6* when they were stuck in this act which is pretty much most players.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Tostig32 said:

Tostig32 said:

No one is changing content. Its lifting the restriction for the purpose of adding interesting challenges for players at multiple progression levels.

I'm not talking about compensation being needed. You're again, phrasing this as if 4*s are meant to make this content easier and hence require compensation???

I feel like you have entirely missed the point of my original post, not entirely sure how. What "can of worms" is this, some examples would be nice but again please reread my original post.
    Lifting restrictions is the same as changing content. You're changing the way the content is supposed to be played. You may not be asking for compensation but so many others will. People who did act 6 with out a 5 or 6 version of a synergy champ will be upset because they had to do it without it. We've already seen this happen when they buffed Act 3. Many who did act 3 years ago wanted all the rewards for the buff.

Anyone who's done Act 6 from the beginning, wanted 4*'s for synergies. That's all anyone wanted them for. If you open act 6 up to 4*'s then people will want them in act 7 or question why act 6 only with act 7 is 10 times easier than act 6.

I've read your post. I don't need to go back and read it again. If Kabam does anything, they need to do it like @BitterSteel said and allow it for people who have it 100%.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Yea, most progressing players reach a stand-still in act 6 since they don't have many good champions ranked up for some niche purpose needed here. Having 4* allowed for everyone would basically be like a F you to all the players who patiently waited and grinded out their 5* and 6* when they were stuck in this act which is pretty much most players.

Me included, I understand that when you and I did act 6 we were not allowed to use 4*s. The thing is games change and evolve constantly.

People getting significantly more powerful champions such as those released in 202. People are having a much easier time than those who did the same content back in 2017 with significantly worse champions at the time, amplified by older champions constantly getting buffed.You may not realise it but with every new synergy, every new champion and with every new rework, content gets easier relatively to how it was before.

This "it was hard when I did it so it should be for everyone else" is an mcoc exclusive mentality. Games change and evolve over time. You did it when it was in its original implimentation, does not means things should not evolve, like act 6 already has done.

Because I did act 6 when the game was at a certain point, theres no benefit for me in holding other back other than wanting them to go through similar struggle.
    Why? It is already very easy to get 5 star shards, target 5 star champions and clear content with champs released recently which are very powerful. Not to mention the synergies that 4 star gate blocked for many people including me. Act 6 is a roster check that is necessary for the game.
    It's not even about I did it when it was difficult mentality, most people who explored act 6 pre-nerf are tired of seeing posts about how cash-grabby act 6 is now because of the gate. Can't you see the cav eq is insanely hard posts this month?
    I agree with @BitterSteel that they could allow players with "Breaker of Thrones" title to use 4 stars to do some content. It's not even that difficult, we had a key after exploring ROTL which allowed us to enter LOL before AOL was released. They could do the same thing, add a key with the exploration rewards and allow us to use 4 stars in Act 6.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    They’ve already reduced attack values and made other changes to Act 6. Allowing 4*s now is just not going to happen.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Pulyaman said:

Tostig32 said:

Me included, I understand that when you and I did act 6 we were not allowed to use 4*s. The thing is games change and evolve constantly.

People getting significantly more powerful champions such as those released in 202. People are having a much easier time than those who did the same content back in 2017 with significantly worse champions at the time, amplified by older champions constantly getting buffed.You may not realise it but with every new synergy, every new champion and with every new rework, content gets easier relatively to how it was before.

This "it was hard when I did it so it should be for everyone else" is an mcoc exclusive mentality. Games change and evolve over time. You did it when it was in its original implimentation, does not means things should not evolve, like act 6 already has done.

Because I did act 6 when the game was at a certain point, theres no benefit for me in holding other back other than wanting them to go through similar struggle.
    Why? It is already very easy to get 5 star shards, target 5 star champions and clear content with champs released recently which are very powerful. Not to mention the synergies that 4 star gate blocked for many people including me. Act 6 is a roster check that is necessary for the game.
    It's not even about I did it when it was difficult mentality, most people who explored act 6 pre-nerf are tired of seeing posts about how cash-grabby act 6 is now because of the gate. Can't you see the cav eq is insanely hard posts this month?
    I agree with @BitterSteel that they could allow players with "Breaker of Thrones" title to use 4 stars to do some content. It's not even that difficult, we had a key after exploring ROTL which allowed us to enter LOL before AOL was released. They could do the same thing, add a key with the exploration rewards and allow us to use 4 stars in Act 6.
    I agree that maybe then it should not be available to everyone right from the get go, perhaps you need to complete act 6, be thronebreaker or explore act 6 etc, whatever it may be. The whole is aspect of if act 6 is cash grabby is a complete other tangent but I see both sides.

Act 6 is an important roster check to ensure that peoples rosters do not have glaring holes in them, thats true. I think there will always be people on both sides of the x content is too easy/hard fence when it comes to something like cav EQ, its sometimes hard to tell if it is just the vocal minority though.

I understand content potentially being too easy as a byproduct of this, but whether the 4* restriction still being a blanket necessity for all players in 2021 is questionable
    I don't care that others will have it easy. If I was that mad, I need to stay mad because every month a champ gets introduced, content that I already completed will get easy for those that did not complete it. What I don't want is a post saying act 7 is very hard because there is a node for increasing attack for 6 stars and not 5 stars.

They started something in act 6 which was viewed as very bad at that time, but as time has gone on many people have agreed that it was the right move. Class gates, when implemented correctly makes content fun. Roster gates, done correctly makes it very enjoyable. Just look at V7. The class gates are not hated because Kabam learned from 6.2 fiasco.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Tostig32 said:

Pulyaman said:

Tostig32 said:

I agree that maybe then it should not be available to everyone right from the get go, perhaps you need to complete act 6, be thronebreaker or explore act 6 etc, whatever it may be. The whole is aspect of if act 6 is cash grabby is a complete other tangent but I see both sides.

Act 6 is an important roster check to ensure that peoples rosters do not have glaring holes in them, thats true. I think there will always be people on both sides of the x content is too easy/hard fence when it comes to something like cav EQ, its sometimes hard to tell if it is just the vocal minority though.

I understand content potentially being too easy as a byproduct of this, but whether the 4* restriction still being a blanket necessity for all players in 2021 is questionable
    I don't care that others will have it easy. If I was that mad, I need to stay mad because every month a champ gets introduced, content that I already completed will get easy for those that did not complete it. What I don't want is a post saying act 7 is very hard because there is a node for increasing attack for 6 stars and not 5 stars.

They started something in act 6 which was viewed as very bad at that time, but as time has gone on many people have agreed that it was the right move. Class gates, when implemented correctly makes content fun. Roster gates, done correctly makes it very enjoyable. Just look at V7. The class gates are not hated because Kabam learned from 6.2 fiasco.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but i enjoyed 6.2 gates when they came out. I didn't like the fights they pitted you up against in the Mordo chapter, but apart from that I loved them. It really tests roster depth and encourages using champions you never really consider using.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I like the idea of removing champion restrictions after exploration if the game engine is up to it. It would open up a lot of scope for fun challenges, either from Kabam or just personal ones, as the only rewards are going to be a couple of ISO bricks if there’s no actual objectives in place.

A 4* cap on completion and exploration of Act 6 could be a ‘fun’ challenge for the sadists amongst us after having got through it with our 5/6*. It’d be something for the real end gamers to plug away at while they wait for Act 7 etc.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm okay with them lifting 4 star restrictions. I did act 6 almost two years ago now so I don't feel compensation will be needed.
    I disagree with the notion that 3*'s in act 5 will be just as easy as 4 stars in act 6. Act 6 is way harder than act 5 to the point where I would prefer a 3 star challenge in act instead of 4* challenge in act 6. But I would open to it for sure.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I'm okay with them lifting 4 star restrictions. I did act 6 almost two years ago now so I don't feel compensation will be needed.
    I disagree with the notion that 3*'s in act 5 will be just as easy as 4 stars in act 6. Act 6 is way harder than act 5 to the point where I would prefer a 3 star challenge in act instead of 4* challenge in act 6. But I would open to it for sure.

Yeah I agree I wouldn't need compensation, especially since I completed it after it got nerfed.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    I have ZERO desire to have to rank more useless 4* champs that take t4b and t4c away from my 6* champs. I have to that Guardian from L1- to L5 and SL from L4 to L5 just to unitman LOL. Please don't add more.