**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Hudsonman said:

First time ever completion rewards are the exact same for chapter 1 and 2. First time ever that amount of crystal shards are the exact same for exploration of Chapter 1 and chapter 2. Just makes zero sense. They have spent years setting the precedent for how their rewards system works and than just throw it out the window.

It's almost like they changed the direction they were going with story content
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

If it's as easy as 7.1, I am okay with rewards. But if the 7.2.6 boss is insane, the rewards could quickly become...insufficient.

My approach so far is careful expectation. I won't judge until I try it out

They’re not putting a hard boss into story mode anymore, don’t worry
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Yo @Kabam Boo would you mind linking the link to the gwenmaster info? Don't think it worked
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Oh ya...

Gwenmaster from here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/jvbbqr/the_gwenmaster/

(5 months ago.. woo)
  • HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52

Hudsonman said:

First time ever completion rewards are the exact same for chapter 1 and 2. First time ever that amount of crystal shards are the exact same for exploration of Chapter 1 and chapter 2. Just makes zero sense. They have spent years setting the precedent for how their rewards system works and than just throw it out the window.

Yes they changed the way the story content was going with 7.1. However, they did not change the way rewards were trending. Significant improvement from 6.4. Changing rewards direction and story content direction are separate topics. At the end of the day I care more about it being fun. And I loved Chapter 1. The nodes sound cool and I am sure I will enjoy chapter 2. And that's what is most important to me. But when you have years of a precedent on how you hand out rewards, why in the world would you not throw an extra 5K 6 star shards in there between completion and exploration is just bad business. It's not like 5K shards make that much of a difference these days. We get more and more in monthly quests. But at least it's keeping consistent with your reward system and the precedent you set. Doing it this way is just designed to piss us off. It's hard to wrap my head around it. I still love the game so whatever but it's just a weird choice that seems hard to defend by kabam IMO.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 96 ★★
    Almost the same exact rewards as 7.1, 6 months later.. I wish i could say i expected more. And as far as the extra 25% t5cc crystal you added you know a lot of us get a 10% and 5% t5cc crystal every week from aq right? Oh, Let me not forget the, what, 5% of t3a and t6b yall threw in.. We need 3 of them to r4 someone and yall give us 5% if that.. I’m so excited to r4 one of my champs!… In 2037..
  • gash228gash228 Posts: 105

A REWARDING EXPERIENCE

Book 2.1.2 rolls out its own brand new one-time pickup Treasure Chests! These Chests have been custom set for Story Quests, and house some impressive rewards just waiting for Summoners to swing by and pick them up. In addition to those, we’ve got a bold set of rewards just for Chapter 2!

Chapter 2 Completion Rewards
    1x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Crystal (25%)
    1x 6-Star Rank up Gem 1 > 2 Crystal
    10x 6-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    10 000x 6-Star Champion Crystal Shards
    1 000 000x Gold

Chapter 2 Exploration Rewards
    2250x Tier 3 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    5700x Tier 6 Basic Catalyst Fragments

1x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selector (25%)
    2x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Crystal (25%)
    1x 6-Star Nexus Crystal
    20x 6-Star Signature Stones
    10x 6-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    1 000 000x Gold

Quest Completion and Exploration Rewards
    6x Tier 5 Class Iso (different for each Quest)
    4x Tier 6 Class Iso (different for each Quest)

Chest Rewards
    Stashed inside custom Book 2 Chests, these rewards can only be picked up on paths inside a given Quest once.

2x Gold Pickups (50 000 Gold each)
    2x Unit Pickups (45 units each)
    2x 6-Star Shard Pickups (750 shards each)
    2x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment Pickups (9 000 Fragments each)
    2x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment Pickups (18 000 Fragments each)
    2x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments Pickups (22 500 Fragments each)

BEHOLD, MYTHIC SUMMONERS!

First launched with Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 1, we are continuing with our updated Legends Program featuring the exclusive Mythic Title! The same method exists from the first release of this new format.

Summoners will have a 30 Day period (May 19th - June 18th) in which to attempt their Legends Run. As soon as you start Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 2, you will have 24 hours to 100% the Chapter to record your qualifying time.

Instead of time from the start of the quest, until exploration, we will be looking for the Fastest Total Fight Time. This means the total time for all fights in the Chapter, from the Champion Run-In until a KO will be recorded and added together to determine your Legends Run time. This helps to eliminate the discrepancy between the performance of devices.

This also means that the time you spend adjusting your team, moving around the quest board, activating boosts and energy refills, or even your mid-day nap will not factor into your Legends time. Only the time you spend fighting (this includes time when the fight is paused)!

PLEASE NOTE: The use of a VPN will disqualify you from eligibility for a Mythic or Legends Title.

Top 5 Summoners will receive the Mythic title, as well as:
    1x 50% Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selector
    10x 6-Star +5 Signature Stones
    1x 6-Star Wolverine (Weapon X)

Summoners that place 6-100 will receive the Legends title, as well as:
    1x 25% Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selector
    4x 6-Star +5 Signature Stones
    1x 6-Star Wolverine (Weapon X)

Legends Points for the Legends Leaderboard:

1st place: 300 points
    2-5: 200 Points
    6-50: 25 Points
    51-100: 15 Points

FINAL WORDS

We’d like to thank everyone who stood by us through our revamp of Chapter 1, and came back for more in our Chapter 2 Beta. Community feedback and support helps us stay the course on keeping Story Quests an exciting, engaging, and exemplary experience for all of our players. We’re already hard at work on the designs for Chapter 3, and look forward to hearing from everyone on how you find Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 2.

As always, thank you all for your patience, your passion, and your participation.
    Good luck Summoners!
    Those rewards seem really underwhelming.
  • Ishanthakur525Ishanthakur525 Posts: 96
    Give us a 25% nexus atleast how will a free to play player get to tb?
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Hudsonman said:

Hudsonman said:

Yes they changed the way the story content was going with 7.1. However, they did not change the way rewards were trending. Significant improvement from 6.4. Changing rewards direction and story content direction are separate topics. At the end of the day I care more about it being fun. And I loved Chapter 1. The nodes sound cool and I am sure I will enjoy chapter 2. And that's what is most important to me. But when you have years of a precedent on how you hand out rewards, why in the world would you not throw an extra 5K 6 star shards in there between completion and exploration is just bad business. It's not like 5K shards make that much of a difference these days. We get more and more in monthly quests. But at least it's keeping consistent with your reward system and the precedent you set. Doing it this way is just designed to piss us off. It's hard to wrap my head around it. I still love the game so whatever but it's just a weird choice that seems hard to defend by kabam IMO.
    Of course 7.1 was going to be a significant increase from 6.4, after introducing a new title and moving towards 6 star r3 there was no doubt the rewards would be better.

Using the precedent set for chapter rewards in act 5 and 6 when act 7 is a new format and direction is setting yourself up for disappointment.

The rewards for 7.1 were great for the effort it required and unless 7.2 requires a lot more effort (which I doubt considering they're working towards making story content comfortable to get through) then the rewards are alright.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    We don't know with full certainty the difficulty level of the chapter.
    Yet, one piece of advice: don't go watching videos on YT on how to defeat certain paths and bosses, come back here and say it was too easy. Face it by yourself and with yourself, go through the paths planning, roster selection and all that by yourself as it's all part of the challenge. And then some of you if not most won't come saying it's too easy and all that.
    It looks very interesting and fun besides the rewards.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    The rewards are correctly mentioned? It seems like same as 7.1.
  • Cimi_albCimi_alb Posts: 1
    Reward are same as 7.1 so no thank you. So I will do 100 percent spend lot my time for what one nexus that was in deals for 10 dollars haahahs no thank u
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Only thing I would honestly change about rewards is perhaps a bit more shards which would be good but not that important and T2A. The T2A:T5B ratio is a bit skewed. A lot of T2A drought atm