**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    As always, will judge the content after playing it. Could be really cool. Shall see. As for rewards, well... I guess I can judge them now. Not great. Particularly in the hero shard dept. Maybe slap a stack of 6* shards onto the explore along with the Nexus? And/or spice up the Nexus to a class based or something? Idk

The cat rewards seem decent-ish. Though I think some disagree.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

H3t3r said:

J0eySn0w said:

We don't know with full certainty the difficulty level of the chapter.
    Yet, one piece of advice: don't go watching videos on YT on how to defeat certain paths and bosses, come back here and say it was too easy. Face it by yourself and with yourself, go through the paths planning, roster selection and all that by yourself as it's all part of the challenge. And then some of you if not most won't come saying it's too easy and all that.
    It looks very interesting and fun besides the rewards.

I did absolutely zero planning for 7.1 and finished it day one with a few overflow items. I don't expect 7.2 to be massively different, maybe just slightly more difficult unless they actually went all out on the boss
    Gwenmaster becomes the hardest boss in mcoc history lol.
    I wouldn't be mad. I'd be surprised, but not mad. I'm legitimately curious how that's gonna be
    I wouldn't me mad either. Unless it was like abyss collector level where its just units.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I honestly don't understand the outrage. Same with people complaining about v7 having 2017 rank up gems. Like this is an embarrassment for the community.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

J0eySn0w said:

Yet, one piece of advice: don't go watching videos on YT on how to defeat certain paths and bosses, come back here and say it was too easy. Face it by yourself and with yourself, go through the paths planning, roster selection and all that by yourself as it's all part of the challenge. And then some of you if not most won't come saying it's too easy and all that.

I did absolutely zero planning for 7.1 and finished it day one with a few overflow items. I don't expect 7.2 to be massively different, maybe just slightly more difficult unless they actually went all out on the boss
    I wouldn't be mad. I'd be surprised, but not mad. I'm legitimately curious how that's gonna be
    I wouldn't me mad either. Unless it was like abyss collector level where its just units.
    I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have high hopes for the Gwenmaster boss. I’m guessing that she’s going to be easier than the 6.2.6 pre-nerf Champion.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

J0eySn0w said:

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have high hopes for the Gwenmaster boss. I’m guessing that she’s going to be easier than the 6.2.6 pre-nerf Champion.
    you're GUESSING she's going to be easier then the pre-nerf champion? I can't even think of an expression to use, the thought of her being harder then champion is just so absurd my mind is blown lol
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Rather than track down and quote all the comments about difficulty vs reward. I'll just give my opinion. I've seen multiple posts now about difficulty. Why are we following this line of thought that rewards are based solely on how difficult something is? To me difficulty and rewards are two completely separate topics.

Firstly, no one really knows for sure what the difficulty level will be. We might have an idea, but we don't know.

Second, regardless of difficulty, it's the latest story content. The rewards have to scale upwards to match the progression of the game. Either way. Whatever level of difficulty they choose to employ is up to them, but it's a completely separate topic. You can't just operate within the philosophy that these two categories are intertwined. I think rewards and difficulty are both important topics regarding story content. I just don't think they are related as much as folks are suggesting.

Someone made a comment along the lines of "if the difficulty is similar to 7.1, I'm fine with the rewards." I disagree. And I think others do as well. If given a choice, we would choose higher difficulty with higher rewards. So, in a way, I think some of you guys who keep mentioning difficulty are giving Kabam an excuse for lack luster rewards. Unnecessarily. Let's keep the topics of rewards and difficulty as two separate, yet equally important facets of the discussion.

This is really a good take. As an FTP, my main source of high tier resources are in-game rewards. Unit deals offer no where close to the value or even the quantity of what the cash deals offer. I see the rewards and they seem to have increased moderately from the previous chapter. Increase in rewards is an basic expectation from the player base regardless of difficulty increase.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Rather than track down and quote all the comments about difficulty vs reward. I'll just give my opinion. I've seen multiple posts now about difficulty. Why are we following this line of thought that rewards are based solely on how difficult something is? To me difficulty and rewards are two completely separate topics.

Firstly, no one really knows for sure what the difficulty level will be. We might have an idea, but we don't know.

Second, regardless of difficulty, it's the latest story content. The rewards have to scale upwards to match the progression of the game. Either way. Whatever level of difficulty they choose to employ is up to them, but it's a completely separate topic. You can't just operate within the philosophy that these two categories are intertwined. I think rewards and difficulty are both important topics regarding story content. I just don't think they are related as much as folks are suggesting.

Someone made a comment along the lines of "if the difficulty is similar to 7.1, I'm fine with the rewards." I disagree. And I think others do as well. If given a choice, we would choose higher difficulty with higher rewards. So, in a way, I think some of you guys who keep mentioning difficulty are giving Kabam an excuse for lack luster rewards. Unnecessarily. Let's keep the topics of rewards and difficulty as two separate, yet equally important facets of the discussion.

You don't think difficulty has anything to do with Rewards? Great. Master Rewards for everyone in War.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    And to touch on something else I saw come up. The topic of appreciation for everything that is fantastic about this game. I agree, that many of us (myself included sometimes) become much more vocal about something we aren't pleased with than we do about something we are pleased with. It's kind of par for the course, in any consumer feedback forum probably. Folks are usually more vocal about dissatisfaction than satisfaction.

But I agree, we can do better as a community regarding positive feedback for everything cool that does happen for this game. In any event, I do have respect for the folks who make this game what it is. And I will make an effort to give more positive feedback moving forward.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Also I must say I like that "use of VPN will disqualify you" helps crack down.

It made me chuckle, but it's a move I definitely support. They may not be able to ban for it, but they can disqualify you
    This is stupid. The reason I say this is because since November I've been forced to use a vpn just to play the game. How can you disqualify people when there's issues with loading the game without wifi. So people are at a disadvantage and has to deal with not being able to play and need to pay or use sketchy vpn apps. Now for using the apps to play they can't participate in certain things in-game. Not fair for those people.
    Blame the mercs and piloting.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Poor rewards, not very motivating.
    To be honest , I thought Kabam would have been less stingy with 6* shards

Can always don’t do it if you find it’s not worth the effort. No one is forcing you to.

Duxmaster said:

Duxmaster said:

xNig said:

Funny how most of the complaints are on "what's in it for me", and no one mentions how much a s...storm the devs had to go through to think of all the new interesting nodes and interactions while not penalizing not having a niche champ.

Tbh, as long as it's challenging and fights need to be thought through to be gotten through, the rewards are fine.

(The Maze's rewards were 1 T2A, miniscule for the amount of pain that thing put people through. But it was challenging and fun.)

So I have to feel bad for the devs because they literally had to do their jobs?
    LOL sure.
    No one said anything about feeling bad. A little respect and appreciation might almost be human.
    If they do their job right I'll be the first to give them "respect and appreciation" if they copy paste 7.1 rewards and give a fraction of the resources they sold a coupple weeks back they'll get criticism.
    Is that human enough for you buddy?
    Their job? A bit cavalier of us to tell them what their job is, but I'll play ball.
    Their job, in this case, is to create content that is in line with what the objective is, and Rewards that are in tune with that. That's exactly what they did. What their job doesn't entail is foregoing appropriate Rewards to meet continually growing expectations.
    Not everyone will be happy with the rewards, especially when the increase it very small from the previous chapter. Kabam has access to the forums and they know what the expectations are. I am not saying they need to meet the highest expectation, but they need to meet at least the lowest one.
    Appreciating the nodes and design will come only after we get to play with the actual content. Something on papaer may not always be fun to play. The rewards for said content has been released and that is what is being commented on now.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

If it's as easy as 7.1, I am okay with rewards. But if the 7.2.6 boss is insane, the rewards could quickly become...insufficient.

My approach so far is careful expectation. I won't judge until I try it out

They’re not putting a hard boss into story mode anymore, don’t worry
    Since when? 6.4 had GM and Hydra adaptoid. 6.3 had CapIW and Mysterio. They are overall one of the harder bosses.

It almost appears as if you based your opinion on only one chapter (7.1), but that would be silly, so what led you to this opinion?
    well 7.1 is when they changed the direction of story content so.....yes my opinion is based on 7.1 since that's the only relevant data point?
    It is true that in this very announcement they said they want to keep the difficulty level, so easy bosses are expectable. But I feel like they'll come up w some unholy difficult stuff for 7.2.6, so we will have to see how it turns out
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Rewards seem underwhelming
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Onurre2 said:

WHERE IS THE 6 STAR AWAKENING GEM CRYSTAL FOR GODS SAKE!

It’s in Abyss, you get it for your first run, go for it 💪
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    The rewards are not fun. I was holding on for something better. Now there is no will to play. Side quest are meh. Don’t know how to hold on.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Stupid rewards.

But I play for glory anyway so will explore it in the first two days (unless it's harder than expected)
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

wow people just complain about everything these days.Rewards look pretty good. If you think they suck then don't do it. Its not compulsion.

So if I think it suck but still do it because I like the challenge?

We don't need it spectacular, we just need it better than 7.1. But Kabam chooses to copy paste for a short work.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    As a f2p who has really dialed all the way back on trying to be competitive in this game the rewards are fine comparatively to the previous chapter and other rewards.

I will say though that I agree with the sentiment that the rewards compared to the deals that have been going around are atrocious. The balance between f2p and p2w has gotten so skewed over the last 2 years it’s crazy.

I took a long break and came back with a different attitude toward the game which has helped me find peace with this but to argueback and forth that the rewards seem lackluster when compared not against other content but against spending is futile. Just accept that this is now a p2w game for the most part minus some exceptions who grind endlessly to keep up.

Also Stop expecting the content rewards to keep you up. They haven’t for years and slowly they are falling even further and further behind being able to over time. That’s kabam decision in the end on how they want to profit and drive the game on the top end.
    Pulyaman said:

You don't think difficulty has anything to do with Rewards? Great. Master Rewards for everyone in War.
    One is a competition and another is a solo content that gives equal rewards to everyone. How are you equating those? By the standard that more difficult content has to have better rewards, act 6 should have better rewards that Book 2, chapter 1. That is not how it works though, does it? Progressive content has to have a steady continuous improvement in rewards.
    No. The OP said that difficulty has nothing to do with Rewards. Which is not true.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

One is a competition and another is a solo content that gives equal rewards to everyone. How are you equating those? By the standard that more difficult content has to have better rewards, act 6 should have better rewards that Book 2, chapter 1. That is not how it works though, does it? Progressive content has to have a steady continuous improvement in rewards.
    No. The OP said that difficulty has nothing to do with Rewards. Which is not true.
    Everyone's argument is 7.2 has the same difficulty as 7.1, so there is no need to a major improvement in rewards. But, that is just not true. Objectively, 7.1 was easier than 6.1, does that mean it should have less rewards than 6.1?
    No. There are more Rewards because it's a step up from Act 6.
    There's also more Rewards than 7.1, but the increase is small. When you're talking about THE most valuable Resources in the game, increases are going to be smaller. It's also 7.2. You don't see much of an increase until the end of the Chapter usually.
    Easier was an intentional shift because of the direction Act 6 went. So we're already diverging from that and people want more.
    Expectation versus Reality.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Everyone's argument is 7.2 has the same difficulty as 7.1, so there is no need to a major improvement in rewards. But, that is just not true. Objectively, 7.1 was easier than 6.1, does that mean it should have less rewards than 6.1?
    No. There are more Rewards because it's a step up from Act 6.
    There's also more Rewards than 7.1, but the increase is small. When you're talking about THE most valuable Resources in the game, increases are going to be smaller. It's also 7.2. You don't see much of an increase until the end of the Chapter usually.
    Easier was an intentional shift because of the direction Act 6 went. So we're already diverging from that and people want more.
    Expectation versus Reality.
    Which resource are you talking about? Be specific and don't give generic responses. 6 star shards and T5cc are available at a higher rate for end game players which is what Book 2 is aimed at. many people have already made comparisons between 6.1 to 6.2 and 7.1 to 7.2, so I am not going to rehash the same thing again. I remember the "end gamers" asking for more rewards when it originally came out. Why is it different now?