**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ant-man Glancing AA, Mysterio and OML basic attacks.

PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
I was curious because I remember a thread that mentioned Archangel cannot inflict bleed on Ant-man even though AA is supposed to immune to AAR and attacks that are glanced have their ability accuracy reduced.
So, I dueled the generic ant-man with all 3 champs and found that the glancing call-out pops up for all 3 champs. I even had a case of Mysterio not gaining chemical gas passive if his second medium attack is glanced which is not supposed to happen.
My main reason for bringing this up is if Ant-man wins the vote and is in line to get buffed, the interaction needs to be looked at. We also have CAIW and Storm X who have glancing in their kit, but ant-man is the one that gets the most attention being that he is the OG glancer.
Also, I found the old thread @Kill_Grey opened and no mod has responded that they would even get this checked out, hopefully, someone will take a look at this one.

Comments

• The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Yes, justice for my Archangel. Poor boy was not able to bleed or poison him for almost 30% of this health.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Yeah its a weird interaction. Glancing overrides AA's AAR immunity until he gets his own AAR up, then he overrides glancing.
    I get that his attacks can glance and not be critical but the bleed should still apply. He doesn't even need crits to apply bleed on heavy attacks and specials.
    Glancing is just broken and doesnt make any sense.
    AA's AAR immunity is broken in general.
    Pulyaman said:

Yeah its a weird interaction. Glancing overrides AA's AAR immunity until he gets his own AAR up, then he overrides glancing.
    I get that his attacks can glance and not be critical but the bleed should still apply. He doesn't even need crits to apply bleed on heavy attacks and specials.

One problem is that both AA and OML have rng in their abilities. AA does not apply bleed in all the attacks and OML does not gain passive bleed every time, so they are explained away as rng. Mysterio is a perfect case because none of his abilities are rng. He always gets a chemical gas passive on his second medium if he has less than 3. But, when I used him against Antman, when his second medium was glanced, he did not gain the chemical passive. That is why I listed him specifically.
    AA has a 100% chance to apply bleed, poison and stun on sp3 which ant-man has failed before, he's a pain in the ...
    Mysterio is a good example though I agree. I have a video somewhere of Ant-man failing his passive heal block too.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

One problem is that both AA and OML have rng in their abilities. AA does not apply bleed in all the attacks and OML does not gain passive bleed every time, so they are explained away as rng. Mysterio is a perfect case because none of his abilities are rng. He always gets a chemical gas passive on his second medium if he has less than 3. But, when I used him against Antman, when his second medium was glanced, he did not gain the chemical passive. That is why I listed him specifically.
    AA has a 100% chance to apply bleed, poison and stun on sp3 which ant-man has failed before, he's a pain in the ...
    Mysterio is a good example though I agree. I have a video somewhere of Ant-man failing his passive heal block too.
    That is a problem with every champ. Are Sp3 attacks supposed to be glanced? If you 5 hit-combo into a sp3, there is a chance that the abilities supposed to trigger in sp3 fails. This too needs to be looked into and clarified.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That is a problem with every champ. Are Sp3 attacks supposed to be glanced? If you 5 hit-combo into a sp3, there is a chance that the abilities supposed to trigger in sp3 fails. This too needs to be looked into and clarified.
    I think Storm X isn't meant to glance sp3s but I've never read AntMans abilities lol.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,364 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Yeah sp3s can be glanced if u was attacking into them and i do agree with the thread glancing is weird with these as there immune to aar but which kind defensive or offensive as if both then glancing shouldnt work but if defensive then yeah they should be glanced since is offensive as only happens if ur hitting
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Hey there, I would address you to my old post, that has been ignored from many months by Kabam. I showed a simulare issue with Glancing.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/167815/mysterio-is-affected-by-ability-reduction/p1

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Hey there, I would address you to my old post, that has been ignored from many months by Kabam. I showed a simulare issue with Glancing.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/167815/mysterio-is-affected-by-ability-reduction/p1

Now that's just depressing. That thread is from 2019. One reason I did not look too long back was to not revive very old threads. But they seem to be looking at it from 2019 and can't seem to find the problem. It actually scares me a little because we have a persistent charge going on for months too. I know all bugs are not the same, but the fact that this has just been left alone looks very bad. Hopefully, some mod will look at this and alert the devs that this bug is still a thing.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Been like that for a while.