**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    MightyDZA said:

Congrats to all the YT streamers and whales on all the new characters only you can access because you have the rosters and means to hit these ridiculous milestones.

Kabam, just be upfront with your player base that you have no ideas that will benefit anyone with anything relevant to player growth besides investing $$ (which is ultimately your right to do as a developer—this I will never argue with, thought the “transparency” you tout is non-existent in this regard). I consider myself a middle of the road player—1.1 mil roster, 9700 prestige, 24 6*s—and nothing you’ve changed in the last year(s) has positively impacted the game in any meaningful way for me. QoL updates aside, every update you push out is either another slap in the face or a hot mess of bugs, glitches, and shenanigans. To say that these new arenas are positive in any way to anyone besides the top 5% of players is an outright lie.

what does youtuber got to do with it?
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

Doesn’t kabam have an entire content creator program they can run this stuff by before dumping it on the general playerbase to test out? You literally have every kind of grinder in that program for all the arenas...and you’re just now asking for feedback for the calculations to see why people are upset?

Yet another baffling self inflicted wound Kabam has done on itself. Did no one doing this revamp bother to compare it to previous grinding and milestones before release?

How is this supposed to give people who are very cautious of things like relics coming into the game of them not being botched on implementation? Or for that matter the UI overhaul, or mastery changes?

With such a spotty track record (let’s remember why the first road map had to come out in the first place!) it’s kind of astounding to get such a huge change like Arenas completely wrong out of the gate after announcing other changes so recently. I’m not sure who this was made for but it wasn’t arena grinders, it was whales with already inflated rosters.

I have very little confidence now in most of the recent road map changes and I can’t imagine this isn’t something that won’t get rolled back. Do better kabam. If you’re not gonna listen to your CCP or run huge changes by them, you need to talk to the general players instead. And if you’re not listening to either we really have a problem going forward.

YEP
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

If there isn’t a 1-3 star arena, what exactly are the purpose of them anymore?

If the Summoner is Uncollected, there is a different bracket, it was Announced but unsure how that can be seen or viaible to Summoners.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Milestones are too high. 3* could give characters for only 640,000 pts before. It was 1 million to rank before with 6*. Now it is 1.5 million. I could hit the first couple milestones quicker before and get more units. I see this as a horrible change unless you have a large account. Please just change it back until there a better system that allows us to reach milestones quicker.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    It's unfortunate that you rolled this out during a featured arena. Should've been next week roll out for the test.
  • MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19

Do you not understand how that works? The majority of your big YT streamers invest that donation money right back into the game to whale away, or in some cases even make a living from it. Bc of that success, they can then piss away any thoughts of having a job, a family, a life outside of the grind, giving them a monetary and time advantage most of the rest of us aren’t afforded. Kudos to them all for what they do, but this is a different convo for a different board.

Let’s just agree the arena update is rubbish and move along.

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    With these horrible changes it is beyond time to have the ridiculous recharge times for 5* champs decreased.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    MightyDZA said:

Do you not understand how that works? The majority of your big YT streamers invest that donation money right back into the game to whale away, or in some cases even make a living from it. Bc of that success, they can then piss away any thoughts of having a job, a family, a life outside of the grind, giving them a monetary and time advantage most of the rest of us aren’t afforded. Kudos to them all for what they do, but this is a different convo for a different board.

Let’s just agree the arena update is rubbish and move along.

oh... i see.... are you aware that not all big YT streamers invest that donation right back to the game? it is at my understanding that you are directing to every single big YT or am i misunderstanding you? i'm sure those big Youtubers aren't really pissing away the thought of having a job, life and a family as it's not everyone.
  • JohnnyAKJohnnyAK Posts: 3
    This change is horrible for all players except for the whale thronebreakers. 9 mil for a 4 star and 30 mil for a 5 star is ludicrous. Not to mention players now have to spend more time to get the same amount of units as before. When you only cater to the highest player rank in your game, that’s how your game dies.
  • ochochochoch Posts: 13
    This will work if you seriously upgrade the arena boost and greater arena boost drop rates for 4 star boosts for uncollected and above players. there is little incentive to use 4 star champs in these arenas. the 3 star boosts were only useful for knocking out the 3 star arena milestones quickly and added to Quality of life. At the moment for most players an arena boost crystal as a reward is a bout as useful as a quest crystal and an XP boost.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    Not going to lie. I'm actually kinda shocked we haven't gotten a more recent response to anything yet with the large amount of negative feedback.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure the last time the community was this against a change was 12.0. And they still moved forward with that so I don't see the new arenas changing. But one simple solution would be to increase the points per rarity earned and decrease decrease cooldowns.
  • XanderayneXanderayne Posts: 29
    edited May 2021
    Just popping in to say this new format suits me just fine - I find grinding the 6-star arenas suits me just fine. Being able to do this and pick up the 4-star featured and basic along the way is amazing.

I expect to come out ahead with a less stressful grind on a lessor time commitment than I previously put in.

I am probably the minority based on where my roster is today, but I think it’s important to note this works well for some.

For context I am a very light spender playing for just under 2-years. All content 100%, 65-6stars.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I'm pretty sure the last time the community was this against a change was 12.0. And they still moved forward with that so I don't see the new arenas changing. But one simple solution would be to increase the points per rarity earned and decrease decrease cooldowns.

There’s a big difference between changing champions that would eventually become out dated and a source of free units becoming way harder to get for mid tier and lower players for a long time.
  • richardrod33richardrod33 Posts: 13
    I don't understand how we are expected to hit all the milestone in both the 6 star arenas. I have 60 plus 6 stars and I would have to grind 2 times a day to have a shot. Is the expectation that we aren't suppose to hit all the milestones? I'm just confused as to what the expectation was when this was being thought of.
  • Cpt_Awesomeo55Cpt_Awesomeo55 Posts: 69
    I’ll put my 2 cents in but it’s the same as everyone else’s. Before it took 12 + 4 + 1.5 to get most of the.units. So 17.5 mil vs 32 mil now. That’s a huge jump. As a f2p, arena is where I get most of my units and you guys made that harder. Not a fan of these milestones.

I will reserve judgement on the rank rewards until I see the cutoffs but the increase in 6* shards seems ok.
  • AlaBillAlaBill Posts: 15
    The new arena setup is totally unfair to all concerned; the ftp, the newbie, the uncollected player, and anyone without any possibility at all of obtaining the 5 or 6 star featured characters. I'm working towards thornbreaker with about 45 6* characters so I can do about 3M per round or 18M total with this roster. How can I possibly compete with people who have close to the maximum 190 6*'s. I'm not ftp, I spend money and in the past I have often spent a good bit of money (especially around July 4th and Christmas deals), but if this unfairness stands up and is not changed, my spending is over.

Once you lose interest in a lot of the game it is probably soon that you just quit. I hate for it to go that way for this is such a great game to play

Additionally the AQ timer going back to 45 minutes made this part of the game much less fun and more demanding. For the life of me I don't understand either of these recent changes.
This discussion has been closed.