**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena is broken. Facimg same death match with same opponent against same team

2»

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 965 ★★★

I use r1-6* until round 7.
    At rd 8, I use at least r2-6*, you will get Kang/thanks teams until rd 15. Be warned, you will need at least an r2-6* or equivalent

If u check my post above, you can easily make it past match 15 without using anything higher than a R1 6*. I only used R1/R2 5*’s until match 13, and teams of R1 6*’s for matches 14-15. You only rwally need 5/65’s or R2 6*s for matches 16-17.

Can even use teams of 5/50 4*’s after match 20 if you want to.

They’d be wrong. A deathmatch is facing R3 6*’s with a squad of R1/R2 5*’s.

IMO, its impossible to get deathmatched using a team of R1 6*’s because the highest rank we can fight are R3 6*’s and that is not enough of a discrepancy to be completely outmatched.

I think the complaint is AI don't throw special.
    Didn’t have that issue myself building up to match 20. Kabam changed that passive AI in matches 1-15 awhile back.
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    phil56201 said:

I use r1-6* until round 7.
    At rd 8, I use at least r2-6*, you will get Kang/thanks teams until rd 15. Be warned, you will need at least an r2-6* or equivalent

If u check my post above, you can easily make it past match 15 without using anything higher than a R1 6*. I only used R1/R2 5*’s until match 13, and teams of R1 6*’s for matches 14-15. You only rwally need 5/65’s or R2 6*s for matches 16-17.

Can even use teams of 5/50 4*’s after match 20 if you want to.

when i posted initially the faced problem with fighting same opponent with same team four times in a row regardless of my team as shown in screenshot, I lost my streak after 9 and so after 10 hours I had another go and now I am at streak 23 surprisingly without any deathmatch even between 16-20.
    So for the record this is a deathmatch:

5/50 4*’s are the lowest you can go and still proc an even matchup. Maybe you can get away with 2 5/50’s and a 4/40..???...maybe I’ll try it and see...

But a team of 3x 4/40’s looks to proc a genuine deathmatch.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

5/50 4*’s are the lowest you can go and still proc an even matchup. Maybe you can get away with 2 5/50’s and a 4/40..???...maybe I’ll try it and see...

Thanks for testing it.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Im seeing no issues facing deathmatches or any changing requirements to get to the infinite streak.

Same as its always been for me.

Some may consider these as facing death-match.
    How are those death matches? Those are standard at that point in establishing the win streak. Yeah, their absolute PI is high, but not double his, which is what makes a death match. All those are easily winnable.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    phil56201 said:

You used to be able to do 4/40s. However, as far as I'm aware the death match threshold is not static. It moves based on the average PI of champs in the arena pool. As accounts have grown and the top end PI has increased, the threshold for death matches has also increased. I only grind 5* featured and 4/40s have been unsafe for some time.
    Corkscrew said:

phil56201 said:

You used to be able to do 4/40s. However, as far as I'm aware the death match threshold is not static. It moves based on the average PI of champs in the arena pool. As accounts have grown and the top end PI has increased, the threshold for death matches has also increased. I only grind 5* featured and 4/40s have been unsafe for some time.
    Yeah, i know. Was just testing the lowest threshold to share with everyone else.

But in keeping with that, a team of 2x 5/50’s and a single 4/40 can potentially be safe:

• Brandino34Brandino34 Posts: 8
    Haven't started the new arenas yet. You guys are scaring me lol.
    On preliminary basis, this 6-Star featured grind looks like the previous 5-Star featured arena.

Obliterated next round. :D

• TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    5r2s had even fights for the most part surprisingly, but I don't have many of them to test.

5r1s on round ~30 got this:

I did win all fights easily enough since they didn't drop 6r3s on me, but it was certainly a lot slower. Also chose good attackers. Against Groot, Joe, and DDHK tho? Oof.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Obliterated next round. :D

Yeah, you're only like 12k pi, that is a guaranteed deathmatch..maybe yiu get by once or twice, bit it's too low. Reason being is the initial matchup where you might have class disadvantage on one or two fights and be calculated lower than normal as a result. Or, sometimes people have boosts on and they fall off l, dropping pi lower for that fight too.

Total base pi should stay above 14k to be safe and don't use anything less than max 4* or 5* r2 fully leveled PLUS always have at least one 5*R3 or better on your team if using less than max 4* or or not at least one 5* R3. If you do that, you won't get any death matches... You may still get some tough ones, but not death matches against all 6* R3 maxed out teams.
  • OkbutwhyOkbutwhy Posts: 12
    let me tell you something, i love at streak 5 taking 5* r1 and get pitted against 6* r1 or r2's. i still tend to win those, but depending on the matchup it takes 80-100 hit combos to drop. one round of arena can take upwards of 10 minutes to complete. I've dropped RoL WS in less hits than this.