**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Rather than track down and quote all the comments about difficulty vs reward. I'll just give my opinion. I've seen multiple posts now about difficulty. Why are we following this line of thought that rewards are based solely on how difficult something is? To me difficulty and rewards are two completely separate topics.

Firstly, no one really knows for sure what the difficulty level will be. We might have an idea, but we don't know.

Second, regardless of difficulty, it's the latest story content. The rewards have to scale upwards to match the progression of the game. Either way. Whatever level of difficulty they choose to employ is up to them, but it's a completely separate topic. You can't just operate within the philosophy that these two categories are intertwined. I think rewards and difficulty are both important topics regarding story content. I just don't think they are related as much as folks are suggesting.

Someone made a comment along the lines of "if the difficulty is similar to 7.1, I'm fine with the rewards." I disagree. And I think others do as well. If given a choice, we would choose higher difficulty with higher rewards. So, in a way, I think some of you guys who keep mentioning difficulty are giving Kabam an excuse for lack luster rewards. Unnecessarily. Let's keep the topics of rewards and difficulty as two separate, yet equally important facets of the discussion.

You don't think difficulty has anything to do with Rewards? Great. Master Rewards for everyone in War.
    One is a competition and another is a solo content that gives equal rewards to everyone. How are you equating those? By the standard that more difficult content has to have better rewards, act 6 should have better rewards that Book 2, chapter 1. That is not how it works though, does it? Progressive content has to have a steady continuous improvement in rewards.
    No. The OP said that difficulty has nothing to do with Rewards. Which is not true.
    Everyone's argument is 7.2 has the same difficulty as 7.1, so there is no need to a major improvement in rewards. But, that is just not true. Objectively, 7.1 was easier than 6.1, does that mean it should have less rewards than 6.1?
    No. There are more Rewards because it's a step up from Act 6.
    There's also more Rewards than 7.1, but the increase is small. When you're talking about THE most valuable Resources in the game, increases are going to be smaller. It's also 7.2. You don't see much of an increase until the end of the Chapter usually.
    Easier was an intentional shift because of the direction Act 6 went. So we're already diverging from that and people want more.
    Expectation versus Reality.
    Which resource are you talking about? Be specific and don't give generic responses. 6 star shards and T5cc are available at a higher rate for end game players which is what Book 2 is aimed at. many people have already made comparisons between 6.1 to 6.2 and 7.1 to 7.2, so I am not going to rehash the same thing again. I remember the "end gamers" asking for more rewards when it originally came out. Why is it different now?
    T3s and T6s are what it's all about. T5CCs are not really the main focus at this point and if you're on 7.2 and still worrying about TB, something is definitely off.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Rather than track down and quote all the comments about difficulty vs reward. I'll just give my opinion. I've seen multiple posts now about difficulty. Why are we following this line of thought that rewards are based solely on how difficult something is? To me difficulty and rewards are two completely separate topics.

Firstly, no one really knows for sure what the difficulty level will be. We might have an idea, but we don't know.

Second, regardless of difficulty, it's the latest story content. The rewards have to scale upwards to match the progression of the game. Either way. Whatever level of difficulty they choose to employ is up to them, but it's a completely separate topic. You can't just operate within the philosophy that these two categories are intertwined. I think rewards and difficulty are both important topics regarding story content. I just don't think they are related as much as folks are suggesting.

Someone made a comment along the lines of "if the difficulty is similar to 7.1, I'm fine with the rewards." I disagree. And I think others do as well. If given a choice, we would choose higher difficulty with higher rewards. So, in a way, I think some of you guys who keep mentioning difficulty are giving Kabam an excuse for lack luster rewards. Unnecessarily. Let's keep the topics of rewards and difficulty as two separate, yet equally important facets of the discussion.

You don't think difficulty has anything to do with Rewards? Great. Master Rewards for everyone in War.
    One is a competition and another is a solo content that gives equal rewards to everyone. How are you equating those? By the standard that more difficult content has to have better rewards, act 6 should have better rewards that Book 2, chapter 1. That is not how it works though, does it? Progressive content has to have a steady continuous improvement in rewards.
    No. The OP said that difficulty has nothing to do with Rewards. Which is not true.
    Everyone's argument is 7.2 has the same difficulty as 7.1, so there is no need to a major improvement in rewards. But, that is just not true. Objectively, 7.1 was easier than 6.1, does that mean it should have less rewards than 6.1?
    There's also more Rewards than 7.1, but the increase is small. When you're talking about THE most valuable Resources in the game, increases are going to be smaller. It's also 7.2. You don't see much of an increase until the end of the Chapter usually.
    Easier was an intentional shift because of the direction Act 6 went. So we're already diverging from that and people want more.
    Which resource are you talking about? Be specific and don't give generic responses. 6 star shards and T5cc are available at a higher rate for end game players which is what Book 2 is aimed at. many people have already made comparisons between 6.1 to 6.2 and 7.1 to 7.2, so I am not going to rehash the same thing again. I remember the "end gamers" asking for more rewards when it originally came out. Why is it different now?
    T3s and T6s are what it's all about. T5CCs are not really the main focus at this point and if you're on 7.2 and still worrying about TB, something is definitely off.
    I think it's safe to say for a large majority of the summoners in this game, T3a and T6b is absolutely not what it's all about.
    That's the highest Resource I was talking about.
    Also, people can pretend they don't care about R4s, but they'll push to get them the same as anything else that comes.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    its crazy that July 4th Odin offer's or even black panther offer's will be better that act 7.2 completion rewards, i was excited but that excitement is out the window, will test the difficulty and see if its worth it for now. will watch the youtubers tackle it first.
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 107 ★★
    Kabam values very highly the t5cc and the new catalysts and that is why they haven't improved the other type of rewards. Maybe the 25% t5cc for completion could have been a selector instead but the rest is kinda okay, I know people expected much more but 7.2 has nothing special going on and it is normal the rewards are not much different.
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 107 ★★
    master88 said:

we get more rewards from money deals lol terrible that act 7 chapter 2 is really bad rewards... carinas challenge gives more rewards lol

No sense in comparing the money deals to story content, 4th july deals for example always had better resources than the contemporary story content released, they are two separated things we shouldn't compare.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I did not say that I am worrying about TB, I am already throne breaker. R4 catalyst are something even endgame players are not worrying about. If you have the time, check out the videos in YouTube from players in top alliances and even some players with over 20R3 6 star. Many have asked for more shards and more choice in the t5cc, a nexus for completion would go a long way to make players happy. Most of the player base actually does not care for t4 materials.
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    The lack up any noticable uptick in rewards for this new content is definitly a downer. I think a fair number of us expected to see something a tad spicier.

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Once again Kabam’s failure to communicate causes problems that could’ve been avoided.

One sentence in last week’s announcement would’ve done it. “After reviewing where things stand, the difficulty in 7.2, the path rewards and the completion rewards will all mirror 7.1. Exploration will award an extra 25% t5cc crystal and provide many of you with your first fragments of t6b and t3a!”

I’m not saying everyone would be HAPPY but they certainly wouldn’t be indignant. Add it to the list with Black Friday, aborted act 6 nerfs, and whatever else.

When have they ever announced Rewards before the information is posted?
    Don’t need a full announcement. Just need some expectation setting. Acknowledge the pattern within act 5 and within act 6. Say that act 7 will be different.
    There is no pattern. Just a comparison we've made.
    To elaborate, Acts 5 and 6 were two totally different beasts. As is Act 7. There is no set pattern for increase. Two factors go into Rewards. The current state of Resources, and the difficulty of the content. A certain amount of wiggle room is there for appeasing the demographic playing, but the more you increase the Rewards, the more you disproportion it from the degree of difficulty. You also feed into expectations. You can't just double it everytime and call it a day, and still expect to keep the intended value of Resources at any given time of release.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Once again Kabam’s failure to communicate causes problems that could’ve been avoided.

One sentence in last week’s announcement would’ve done it. “After reviewing where things stand, the difficulty in 7.2, the path rewards and the completion rewards will all mirror 7.1. Exploration will award an extra 25% t5cc crystal and provide many of you with your first fragments of t6b and t3a!”

I’m not saying everyone would be HAPPY but they certainly wouldn’t be indignant. Add it to the list with Black Friday, aborted act 6 nerfs, and whatever else.

When have they ever announced Rewards before the information is posted?
    Don’t need a full announcement. Just need some expectation setting. Acknowledge the pattern within act 5 and within act 6. Say that act 7 will be different.
    There is no pattern. Just a comparison we've made.
    Does any other act in the game have the same completion rewards for chapter 2 as chapter 1? Maybe, I dunno. Not lately, though.

“We recognize the user base, besides the person being replied to right now, is full of rational human beings who like to make predictions and extrapolations. Because flat rewards have never happened before, we should warn you not to expect a jump in 7.2”
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I honestly don't care for these rewards but more than anything I need shards. I have 4 fully formed t5cc and no champions that I want to use them on at the moment. I actually wasn't expecting much better. Once they introduced R4 6 star materials, that can automatically be viewed as a huge jump in rewards and that is exactly what has been done. Even though I don't care for that at the moment.
    edited May 2021
    ExWeapon said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure I do. I was in both Betas. I know the degree of difficulty we're discussing, and I know the average progression. Just because some people like to content rush doesn't mean that's the ideal situation. By the stage that people are working on 7.2 Exploration, TB shouldn't be a focus anymore. If it is, something is a) wrong with the effort they've put into developing their Accounts, or b) a matter of being too selective for Ranking choices.
    In terms of the design, the majority of people doing it should already be there.
  • MSLMSL Posts: 20
    Come on Kabam why so cheap with the rewards in one the main story content in the game it isn’t any monthly quest it’s permanent piece of content
    Pulyaman said:

ExWeapon said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure I do. I was in both Betas. I know the degree of difficulty we're discussing, and I know the average progression. Just because some people like to content rush doesn't mean that's the ideal situation. By the stage that people are working on 7.2 Exploration, TB shouldn't be a focus anymore. If it is, something is a) wrong with the effort they've put into developing their Accounts, or b) a matter of being too selective for Ranking choices.
    In terms of the design, the majority of people doing it should already be there.
    As usual, you come into a discussion with very little knowledge of what the community wants. Very very few people care about R4 materials now. Even many established rosters don't. Just because some one wants more T5cc does not mean they want to get TB. You realize you can rank champs to R3 even after getting TB? It's called developing a 6 star roster. smh. It's so small, it might as well be removed and added to chapter 3 with some increment because getting it now does nothing to anyone. This amount is actual far less that what people got weeks back using doubloons.
    Right. People don't care about R4 Materials. They don't care about the rarest Mats possible. They don't care about Prestige and War, and advancing to the next level. They don't want to progress.
    Mhmm. Sure.
    For that matter, people got a small amount in a rare Sale and you're reacting as if they're swimming in them. Last I checked, this was the only place to get them without spending a significant amount.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Pulyaman said:

ExWeapon said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

As usual, you come into a discussion with very little knowledge of what the community wants. Very very few people care about R4 materials now. Even many established rosters don't. Just because some one wants more T5cc does not mean they want to get TB. You realize you can rank champs to R3 even after getting TB? It's called developing a 6 star roster. smh. It's so small, it might as well be removed and added to chapter 3 with some increment because getting it now does nothing to anyone. This amount is actual far less that what people got weeks back using doubloons.
    Right. People don't care about R4 Materials. They don't care about the rarest Mats possible. They don't care about Prestige and War, and advancing to the next level. They don't want to progress.
    Mhmm. Sure.
    Actually I do not care about rank 4 metarial as of now because it is unrealistic. I have only 12 rank 3, so why I have to sacrifice too much resource to rank 4 someone, especially if all contents cleared? My goal is to extent my rank 3 team, so more t5cc and more 6 star shards and awakeaning gems.

I had absolutely no excitement when saw rank 4 metarial. They are not needed as of now, the amount is too little and serve no purpose at all.

For that matter, people got a small amount in a rare Sale and you're reacting as if they're swimming in them. Last I checked, this was the only place to get them without spending a significant amount.

The amount got in sale is higher than the amount that is available for exploring 7.2 which is true. It just goes to show how small of an amount that we get for actually doing the content.

Pulyaman said:

ExWeapon said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Mhmm. Sure.
    Very very small amount of people do, because it is not possible to R4 a champion for at least 6 months. We need 3 of each T6b and T3a and we have not even formed 1 of each yet. People like to actually use their rewards now and not after 1 year. I get that some things are formed slowly in the game, but that in itself cannot the reward.

R4 is not the only progress, many people want to build a solid R3 6 star roster too. Again, you don't understand what is going on and are simply commenting without actually understanding what the community is saying. People want to open more 6 stars and take more champs to R3, how much clear can this be said before you understand this?
  • BaluleeBalulee Posts: 23
    New game node mechanism is looking soo good... So fun to play with...
    But when look at the rewards they are just copy and paste... Nothing more... Adding those small amount of r4 material proves that kabam forget to the ground work...
    Even elementary kid knows that if he completed 1st phase successfully, he will get some good rewards in 2nd phase...
    I hope kabam will listen to community
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

TRONG94 said:

Just ignore those trolls, guys. It is not their opinions that Kabam wants to hear from. Kabam needs to collect opinions from majority of player base, not from the ones who always sound like repetitive glitches whenever community gives constructive criticisms. If Kabam really cares to read those trolls's feedbacks, the game hasn't seen such great changes for the last year.

Even though I know I'm one of the people you're talking about, you realize the other side of that coin it's always the same people that you claim is giving "constructive feedback" right? I haven't seen any actual constructive feedback about rewards. A few suggestions to bump up 6* shards and T5CC but that's it. It's been rewards are trash, rewards suck, Kabam sucks, blah blah blah. But it's the same people who always complain about the rewards in every piece of content that's released. But hey I get it, you need someone to play the troll card on, just can't be yourselves.
    How do you figure you are the troll. I don't think you are a troll but you come off as real arrogant sometimes. But, I agree with you on most points. In this case, I think they need to give some 6 star shards and the 25% T5cc could be made a nexus for completion. I get that you have played in the beta and the difficulty has not increased that much from 7.1, but progressive content needs progressive rewards.

Consider that this is one of the major way for FTP to get good rewards other than spending units on offers. I think the exploration rewards are fine as it is. They seemed to have taken R4 materials as a major rewards which I don't agree with at all. They might as well hoard this and give it at 7.2 completion because it seems like it will take that long to get the first R4 for people who paid for those doubloons.
    I think what a lot of people miss is that act 7 isn't the progressive content people want. Act 6 was supposed to be progressive and Act 7 was to follow. After Kabam backtracking and nerfing Act 6 and reducing the difficulty of Act 7, it's no longer considered endgame content. We've seen tons of people struggled doing their run through Act 6, breeze through act 7 without much issue. More and more "low end Cav players" are beating Act 7 easier than taking on Act 6.

So I think people are placing Act 7 in the endgame content column when it isn't. I'm not objecting to bumping the rewards, I'm just suggesting that they are fine for what Act 7 is supposed to be. Act 6 was the progressive content but Kabam has made it very clear that story content will never be that sort of thing going forward. That's why we're getting things like Summer of Pain and Carinas Challenges.
    TyEdge said:

“People don’t care about r4 materials”

“People don’t care about a pittance of r4 materials when they won’t get a r4 even if they bought spring cleaning, did Carina’s challenges and bought every July 4 offer”

You’re being predictably deceptive by trying to argue about the first statement when what everyone is saying is actually the second. I’d trade those scraps for 10% t5cc in completion rewards in a heartbeat.

That wad my point too. He is not reading the room right. The reason people don't care for r4 materials are majority of the community has less than 5 r3 champs. Why would it matter for me that kabam is giving me r4 materials when I am still struggling to find the right champs or the right cats to take to r3?

Pulyaman said:

TRONG94 said:

Just ignore those trolls, guys. It is not their opinions that Kabam wants to hear from. Kabam needs to collect opinions from majority of player base, not from the ones who always sound like repetitive glitches whenever community gives constructive criticisms. If Kabam really cares to read those trolls's feedbacks, the game hasn't seen such great changes for the last year.

Even though I know I'm one of the people you're talking about, you realize the other side of that coin it's always the same people that you claim is giving "constructive feedback" right? I haven't seen any actual constructive feedback about rewards. A few suggestions to bump up 6* shards and T5CC but that's it. It's been rewards are trash, rewards suck, Kabam sucks, blah blah blah. But it's the same people who always complain about the rewards in every piece of content that's released. But hey I get it, you need someone to play the troll card on, just can't be yourselves.
    How do you figure you are the troll. I don't think you are a troll but you come off as real arrogant sometimes. But, I agree with you on most points. In this case, I think they need to give some 6 star shards and the 25% T5cc could be made a nexus for completion. I get that you have played in the beta and the difficulty has not increased that much from 7.1, but progressive content needs progressive rewards.

Consider that this is one of the major way for FTP to get good rewards other than spending units on offers. I think the exploration rewards are fine as it is. They seemed to have taken R4 materials as a major rewards which I don't agree with at all. They might as well hoard this and give it at 7.2 completion because it seems like it will take that long to get the first R4 for people who paid for those doubloons.
    I think what a lot of people miss is that act 7 isn't the progressive content people want. Act 6 was supposed to be progressive and Act 7 was to follow. After Kabam backtracking and nerfing Act 6 and reducing the difficulty of Act 7, it's no longer considered endgame content. We've seen tons of people struggled doing their run through Act 6, breeze through act 7 without much issue. More and more "low end Cav players" are beating Act 7 easier than taking on Act 6.

So I think people are placing Act 7 in the endgame content column when it isn't. I'm not objecting to bumping the rewards, I'm just suggesting that they are fine for what Act 7 is supposed to be. Act 6 was the progressive content but Kabam has made it very clear that story content will never be that sort of thing going forward. That's why we're getting things like Summer of Pain and Carinas Challenges.
    If what you are saying is 7.2 completion is exactly the same difficulty as 7.1, then I agree that 7.2 completion rewards needs to be the same. But, it is not. I won't comment on the nodes, because unless we know what champs are going to be placed in which node, the descriptions are simply that and it us not useful to speculate. The gwenmaster boss is going to be more difficult than 6.1 bosses since grandmaster is a difficult boss which needs some good skill to get down. Given all that, how can you say that the rewards staying same is OK? Even if act 7.2 is not endgame content as you say, it is still more difficult than 7.1, which warrants better rewards that 7.1.
    I'm sorry, but to ignore T3A and T6B in place of T5CC makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. They're introducing it into the game and just because people aren't going to R4 in one Chapter, some people say they don't want it at all. I believe the term for that is tantrum.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

TRONG94 said:

If what you are saying is 7.2 completion is exactly the same difficulty as 7.1, then I agree that 7.2 completion rewards needs to be the same. But, it is not. I won't comment on the nodes, because unless we know what champs are going to be placed in which node, the descriptions are simply that and it us not useful to speculate. The gwenmaster boss is going to be more difficult than 6.1 bosses since grandmaster is a difficult boss which needs some good skill to get down. Given all that, how can you say that the rewards staying same is OK? Even if act 7.2 is not endgame content as you say, it is still more difficult than 7.1, which warrants better rewards that 7.1.
    Yeah i mean from what i was able to do in the beta the difficulty it was turned up a bit. So this content will be a tad bit more challenging to some extent and this especially because of the final boss of the chapter, because pretty much all of us know nothing about Gwenmaster (except a small handful of people who got to actually test her)
    So I can’t really sit here and be like “oh yeah these rewards make sense”

I personally im not asking for much, but it should be increased.
    Im not here saying we deserve a 45k shards or a 50% selector or a 6* awakening gem, but I mean not even the gold was increased.....of all things......they couldn’t have even increased that??.

Its just upsetting really so hoping some responses will be released as to why there wasn’t really an increase