**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

F2P vs P2P

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
As I read the forums I’m starting to see more people are F2P than P2P. I didn’t realize how people were so dependent upon arena until recently.

I’m transitioning over to F2P and this has shown me you really don’t have to spend a single dime if you don’t want to.

My question Is: What keeps you F2P or what keeps you spending?

P2P: For me I haven’t spent unit on content in a while so it basically was a way for me to access champs and rank them up quick.

F2P: Don’t need any new champs or resources and want to engage with the game differently.

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I'm f2p because of my perspective on spending on games. Personally, I'm against spending even a dollar on a video game.

However, I'm appreciative of the spenders, since they keep the game alive/ad free.

Thank you. I think Kabam makes it easy to be F2P, and caters so much to players who don’t spend.

I’m assuming it’s because they are hoping to convert them lol. Most big spenders I know have stopped.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m free to play for three reasons. I feel like I can do everything in the game as a ftp player. I haven’t ever seen anything that has caught my eye as such a great deal that I felt very compelled to spend on it. And how things depreciate in value as time goes on. If I buy something now, the longer I play the less and less the value of that purchase goes down. I’m not willing to take that risk in a video game.
    Will3808 said:

I’m free to play for three reasons. I feel like I can do everything in the game as a ftp player. I haven’t ever seen anything that has caught my eye as such a great deal that I felt very compelled to spend on it. And how things depreciate in value as time goes on. If I buy something now, the longer I play the less and less the value of that purchase goes down. I’m not willing to take that risk in a video game.

This is probably what transitioned me out. IMIW 5* 3 days+ 5 Odins = good defender for 1 month and then became useless on defense. Bought a 5* AG then was given out. The items in game depreciate faster than anything I have known even cars lol.

I still find it weird that I was spending for % chance if a 5* champ.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    I’d rather spend my money on things I need in real life or something that’s not a chance at x rarity of x champion
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    In my over 4 years of playing the game, I’ve probably spent about $100, so I’m not really F2P. But I only spend when I either need units for an offer, or the really good July 4th/cyber Monday offers. But what keeps me close to F2P is there’s no need to buy stuff when you can just grind for it
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I am not exactly FTP, but super close to it, and what keeps me from not spending money is that my luck sucks, so if I spend money I will just be more annoyed.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Time is money. That's generally the golden rule for good Freemium games.

Spend money to save time. Spend time to save money. Unfortunately, Kabam has started to slide into a zone where the value of my time and money is far less than what I consider acceptable. It was already pretty atrocious, but it just keeps getting worse.

I think the real question is: what keeps me playing this game? I enjoy the combat system and collecting my new toys, but the bugs and design decisions are outweighing the good.

Not that it matters if I left, but it's just a shame that there's so much potential being lost.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Years ago, I used to spend quite a bit on this game. (Not whale-level) Now, I occasionally will pick up a deal here or there, but I don't really spend all that much. I get those that "don't want to spend on virtual items" and would never argue against that thought process. I just look at how many hours of entertainment I get out of this game every year, and have no problem occasionally throwing money at Kabam for that entertainment. (even though it is not necessary)
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Currency conversion is not kind!! So f2p
    Thanks for sharing everyone! Crazy everyone has different reasons.
  • SidbelieberSidbelieber Posts: 32
    I'm f2p because I'm poor
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Simple answer: MONEY! But even if I had all the money of the world, I would feel stupid to spend on a regular basis for a game. I mean: if I really want something special it's ok, go, spend and get it. But people spending on everything... It's just stupid. And it's also like hacking a game to get advantage: in the end you don't compete, you just buy wins and you'll get bored
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Cause we aren't taught to steal our mum's credit card?