**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• GautamOO7GautamOO7 Posts: 4
    @kabam miike

This arena is not worth the amount of units it have....!!!

Either increase the number of units...or add cavalier shards...!!!

Milestone of 16.5 million is nuts...!!!

Kindly look something into it...and save free to players in this game....!!!
    This arena needs few changes...!! Kindly make those changes....!!!!
  • FieldmanFieldman Posts: 3

Wait till all the people complaining start getting 5* crystals from their crystals they accumulated.

I like this arena.

I fail to see the strength of the argument it hurts f2p people.

It will greatly expand their roster over time. Much faster than any other game mode.

Some units lost more 5* and 4* champs gained and duped. These same people were not getting 6* shards before now heir duping groot and iron fist every week,

It hurts many free to play or even progressing pay to win players by making a huge percentage of units unobtainable. In the only arenas, if I had the time and effort with my roster of 1 6* and ~20 5* (4 rank 4, the rest below that) I could get all units in the ST, 3*, 4* basic, 4* feature, and could get the first 3 milestones of 5*.

This new structure I have been grinding as hard as I can and will only be able to max out ST, and get ~3mm in both 6* arenas. That is a huge drop in battle chips and units
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Do we know if anything is going to change? when thronebreaker deals were a thing kabam was being cold and nothing changed. Ive been reading allot of posts and to sum it all up arena is a grind, time consuming struggle for clearing content. QOL would be increasing rewards if anything make it all easier to get rewards so that we can focus on the fun.
  • AltairMUP96AltairMUP96 Posts: 88
    Yeah, we realize that, but we can't even use our 3 or 2*s anymore in the old 3* arena. Because its gone. I don't have my 4 stars and 5 stars maxed out, so just please bring back the old arenas, and keep the six star arena just make it easier to obtain the 3 and 4 star milestone. Some of us have a life and work, including college, but we just want to collect the champs.

Pauly2099 said:

Please bring back the 4* basic arena , that was the only way to get the champs that you are targeting

There are 4-Star Basic and Featured Champions in the Milestones of the new Arenas.
  • Suhas_89_Suhas_89_ Posts: 3
    Would really love the old arena setup back. The available amount of units through this arena format is really low and not sufficient. And also there are summoners on different progression levels who will have a hard time due to this huge change.
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    Fact: longer arena grind

Fact: lower unit count

Fact: fewer arenas overall

Fact: an overwhelming number of players aren't happy with the overhaul
  • Project_6Project_6 Posts: 31
    They are horrible, the time does not equate to the rewards at all

This requires too much time for not even half of the rewards you would get usually

This is also some players main source of units which ultimately could be game changing experience with the right pull

The only compensation needed is for it to return to normal this is not a good change
  • Kevin30705Kevin30705 Posts: 57
    I’ve seen a lot of changes over the years I have played and enjoyed MCOC, but NOTHING that would affect the players that really put in a lot of work and time and real money like this change does. I see this as very discouraging to many many players. And a lot of them that I actually got interested in the game initially.
    I don’t have an extremely deep 5* maxed roster and tons of 6*’s that anyone would need to benefit this change.
    All those 2*s and 3*s helped in getting units and battle chips if you worked hard. Now they do nothing because if you have a deep 4* roster ( like most do ) then you’ll hit the last milestone on that arena WAY before you have to use 3*s ( which by the way ALSO makes all those wonderful 3* arena boosts useless as well )

Then when you go to the
    5* - 6* arena, if you aren’t stacked with 5 & 6 Star champs that have been ranked pretty high, it’s almost impossible to even have chance at reaching the levels needed to advance. Also, this change came right after the announcement that you can no longer sell any champions. So for all the work people put in for 3*s and 2*s and leveled and ranked them early in their game career, it’s just out the window. They are good for nothing and you can’t sell them.
    As a business, I’m sure that the FTP aspect is not a good thing but I would venture to say that the greatest portion of players ( by far ) are neither strictly FTP or whales but the ones that spend a moderate amount of money. That is your business base in my opinion. I recently had to quit playing for about 6 months as I was in a coma and on life support for 21 days and in the hospital for over 2 months. This game ( as crazy as it sounds ) has helped me with my physical and mental therapy and dexterity in my hands as well as something to occupy my mind.
    To jump from an arena where the final milestone is
    2.15 Million to the next arena where the final milestone is
    16.5 Million is a big jump.
    I implore you, please don’t make this type of arena standard.
    It takes away from the diversity of the game in so many ways.
    Please take these comments and suggestions into serious consideration as I truly believe this adversely affects 90% of the players that are here and have enjoyed this most wonderful game for years.
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Cool, eliminate the F2P way to grind units for whatever they need in the game. If you wanted more money try making better deals for your whales and stop taking it out of 85% of your player base
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    Wiredawg1 said:

This is NOT a quality of life improvement at all. A lot more work and time in arenas for 5 more units? Not sure how you think this improves our arena experience. It’s going to discourage people from doing arena

I completely agree. Shortly after I started playing, I would always grind for units. Then it felt like it was becoming tedious, so I stopped about 1.5 yrs ago. Then I decided to give the new setup a try. Absolutely not touching arena ever again. I'll just need to wait for my energy to refresh over time instead of buying refills. Poor design Kabam.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    If your f2p and like these arenas is seems this is not allowed to be a valid opinion across many threads.

These arenas finally give more
    Purpose to the grind.

Old arena having to do 22-24m for the 5k shards was painful when milestones stop at 12m.. now it less painful.

And yes I save all units from arena for content but also Values shards more as they give champs need to complete content.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    Combining a 6* and 5* into rewards for the same arena was a good idea. But that’s where good idea end.

Increasing the milestones for 4/5/6 arena, and then creating an identical arena using the same champs was not very well thought out. There should still be a 4/5 arena for players with a growing 5* roster and not a lot of 6*. If you only want to reward a 5* with a 4* consolation, great.

As for the trial arena, the biggest complaint I see is that it’s geared towards a large 4* roster. One way to mitigate this is to put some smaller, easier to obtain milestones that could be done with 2* and 3*. Then use 4* to progress your way to the top milestone. Or you could decrease the timer on the 3*, thus getting more use from them than the 4*
This discussion has been closed.