**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why did Kabam remove Loki's ability to steal Unstoppable?

I know there aren't many Loki fans but I happen to enjoy playing him. But what used to be one of the funnest things to do with Loki -
i.e. stealing the Unstoppable buff- now seems impossible. Now whether you launch your special after a parry or during an intercept you can no longer steal it from either Juggernaut or Unstoppable Colossus. The reason is they auto block after the first hit - every time. Is there another strategy to perform this maneuver? Did Loki really need to be nerfed in this way?

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Use his S3
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Use his S3

This. The unstoppable will go right to you as long as the curse is on them. Use unstoppable to land a heavy and keep curse going.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Thanks guys. I'll try that technique out. I used to be able to do it with L2 though which was great for shorter fights. Just annoying to discover it no longer worked.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    So L2 never stole buffs. But you can still steal it with the L1 and L3. I just stole it with L1 to make sure it was working and it was in arenas.
    Sorry that was a typo. I meant to write L1. If you were able to steal it with L1 can you please share your method?
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    Loki needs some serious buffs as it was suggested there : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/30038/loki-should-be-buffed#latest
    I like those ideas too. Iceman and cold debuffs hadn't been introduced when Loki was released so I think the Cold Snap behaviors warrant reevaluation for Loki. But never having some kind of illusion ability is just baffling. I think they kind of dropped the ball on Loki's design. They've buffed him a little with the new synergies coming but he deserves a buff all on his own.

In the meantime, I'd like to just be able to use him like I able to before and I used to be able to steal unstoppable either via parry or intercept via L1 and I can't anymore.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yeah idk why everyone hates on Loki, he can be very useful if you know how to use him. Same with Falcon, very great champ if you know how to use him but everyone hates on them lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Yeah idk why everyone hates on Loki, he can be very useful if you know how to use him. Same with Falcon, very great champ if you know how to use him but everyone hates on them lol

If Falcon would start locked on, he'd be fine. Having to charge that meter up while avoiding spidey backflips is dangerous though.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Sorry that was a typo. I meant to write L1. If you were able to steal it with L1 can you please share your method?

Once I free up some memory I will record a vid for you