**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks for 6 years, but I'm leaving the game.

This game was fun, exhilarating, and is full of amazing animations. I loved this game. But Kabam doesn't seem to understand that since they took away the one thing I loved doing. Grinding. I simply LOVED the 3* Featured arena, because I had a chance to play the new champion. I didn't care that it was a 3*, but I am a FTP, I gotten a lot of 5 stars and just two 6 stars, but I have not fully maxed them out yet. I only have maxed out a few of my 4 stars that I love. Unless Kabam fixes this, I won't be back for a while. You single handedly killed my motivation. I was going for a 7th year with this game but you killed it.

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

This game was fun, exhilarating, and is full of amazing animations. I loved this game. But Kabam doesn't seem to understand that since they took away the one thing I loved doing. Grinding. I simply LOVED the 3* Featured arena, because I had a chance to play the new champion. I didn't care that it was a 3*, but I am a FTP, I gotten a lot of 5 stars and just two 6 stars, but I have not fully maxed them out yet. I only have maxed out a few of my 4 stars that I love. Unless Kabam fixes this, I won't be back for a while. You single handedly killed my motivation. I was going for a 7th year with this game but you killed it.

FTP , you can still grind arena. They have to constantly change to keep players interested and they have a thread. Sorry you had to go out this way.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Ya even I was affected
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    Farewell, my friend.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

FTP , you can still grind arena. They have to constantly change to keep players interested and they have a thread. Sorry you had to go out this way.
    Change doesn't mean doing away with things that work and that a lot of ppl like. Thats like McDonalds making changes by getting rid of the Big Mac.
    They should have kept it like it was and add new arenas. Ppl have been asking for T2A and T5BC arenas, even if its just for shards.

I hope they put things back soon.
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150

Why don't you hang in there till the Summoner Appreciation Calendar is over?

Erm, when exactly is the calendar going to start ?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

June/July area
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I would say, dont leave yet. Wait it out. Just a small hiccup in the process. There will be changes coming to the arenas. And this time, the changes will hopefully be more to player's liking.

In the meantime, you can focus on other content like story quests, EQ, SQ. If you don't want to do them, then maybe help out some random players in incursion lower sectors. I sometimes take in my lower level champs and do sectors 1-4 in incursions. I dont get any reward or anything from it, as i am in tier 2 (sectors 6 & 7). But its kinda nice to help some progressing players in getting the artifacts and shards from their zones.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Should be around 1 or 2 July.
    This was the 2020 calendar for reference.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

Texas_11 said:

Change doesn't mean doing away with things that work and that a lot of ppl like. Thats like McDonalds making changes by getting rid of the Big Mac.
    They should have kept it like it was and add new arenas. Ppl have been asking for T2A and T5BC arenas, even if its just for shards.

I hope they put things back soon.
    If they didnt want to add anymore milestones to be able to grind, no they couldn't just add new arenas. The only way that was going to happen is if arenas are waller off between progression levels which I'm all for personally. It would affect rank rewards but maybe then people would also have to think a bit more before they just content rush and skip most of the game
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Just wait for a couple more weeks or a month. They were testing new arenas they probably will fix it and put in the old arenas again.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

I’m confused, you said you like the 3* arena because you liked getting to play the new champion? Like as in receive them as a reward? Because the 3* champ is still most definitely grindable, and there’s even a 4* available now....

Except that under the old system to get the featured 3* from the milestone rewards you only needed to put up 640k points. Under the new system you need 6.5 million points. That's over 10 times more.

Some folks may love the grind but 10 times as much may be too much.

What if those folks who live the grind focus their efforts mostly on arena and don't progress as fast? Several have stated this. If these grinders aren't uncollected or better, they don't even have access to the arena that offers the featured 3*.
    Well I mean now you can use 5* 6*, which gets many more times points as 3*. I got 9 million points using only 6* in 47 rounds. That’s what, 33 rounds for 6.5 mil?

If you had to do 6.5m with just 3* then absolutely that’s a problem. I do appreciate that not everyone has that amount of 6* to do that, but I think that was Kabams intention with it
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Their intentions are to pave the way for 7 stars. They have bridged the gap between the top and bottom but now they are closing down the bridge that made that possible. All so the whales and end gamers can have back their massive advantages and lead over everybody else.
    And change is good if it improves things! This arena change improves nothing for f2p players! In fact it wasn't intended to benefit f2p players! Nobody expects things to never change! But we expect those changes to be for the better of all not for one segment of the community and kabam themselves.
    This was done to reduce units, reduce shards produced, reduce number of crystals produced, to in short create a growth slow down at the bottom and middle tiers! And it is working marvelously!
This discussion has been closed.