**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    People are talking as though having 100+ 6*s compared to those having 50 6*s means having twice the time to grind.

Go watch tater’s latest video on how he got SC in arena. The BULK of points came from refreshing your arena boosted top champs. ANYONE can do that, provided you’re willing to spend the units and time to do so.

(Side note: for players who aren’t going for the champ, the new arena milestones are too high and overly grindy.)
  • RAXXRAXX Posts: 3
    Bring back the old arena system.
    Improved the old MS there.
    Adds the Basic4 and Alpha1 representatives to the 4 * stadium. That's only fair !!

Then there are fewer stadiums and you can invent a 6 * stadium for the really big players.

I know kabam, it's always about the good money, but don't always forget the other 90% and play the stadium for hours a week to get a bit further in the content.

Bring the old system and improve and do a fair split of the MS there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Hey guys it might be a shocker but they simply do not care enough. Check the 26th ranked player in the Shang Chi arena and you will, or should, understand what I mean. If they did care enough, they would have taken care of that issue first.

No, it's their business and they care, but they overlooked it when making the change.
    Yep sure they do, just like they did before the changes right? Always got rid of the arena cheaters 🙃
    If there was an easy way to do that, it would have been done. For that matter, they do. Unfortunately it's like Whack-A-Mole.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

This from PROF HOFF sums it up... it's about those of us that DON'T have the 5 & 6 star rosters (not enough of them or not enough of them ranked/leveled up) to even have a chance to grind for anything in these new Arenas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sLdtVqqsZI

Bringing back the 3 & 4 star Featured & Basic Arenas for UC and/or Cav & under players only makes the most sense

Then only Cav and up players can even have access to the two 6* Arenas

Monk1 said:

Finished with 9 hours to spare.. Sunday is a day off from game for me.

thanks Kabam for finally giving me something to use my whole roster on rather than finishing in a day

Now hopefully secure 1.5k 6* shards and be very happy. Go again on Monday

Just a whale who doesn't care about the community as a whole..... maybe Kabam is hiring... you should apply Monk1
    What do you think a whale is? Everyone who has large accounts are not whales. Also, just because he likes the arena does not mean he does not care about the community. They are not mutually exclusive things. May be you should delete the forum account just as you deleted the game. Just a thought.
    I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?
  • Kessi111Kessi111 Posts: 1
    As for advantages while playing new arena: increased scoring, new opportunity to get 5* and 6* champ. I also liked the idea of getting grandmaster crystals, which is a great boost. While it gives more rewards, it is almost impossible to reach all milestones for mid players. Moreover, I felt like the use of 2*, 3* as well as 5* have diminished significantly. What is the point of ranking lower tier champions now? New arena gives less units, which is a primary reason while many players grind. I dont feel like participating in arena anymore and thus, lose interest in the game overall. At this point, I really preferred the previous versions of arena.

Pulyaman said:

I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

10% of players are responsible for 50% of the revenue.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
    Indeed. I don`t like the new format either. Because I am a unit grinder. But my friend always only did 1 arena. And he always grinded to about 18m in the old featured 5*. So for him. Nothing really changed, only that the effort past 12m now has units. So he gains from it. GMC, units, battlechips, gold and 6* shards have gone up for him. He likes them. And from his point of view he is right.
    Although I still hope they make the 6* basic for 4/5* max so the units grinders can gain something. And maybe even out the units by giving all arena's 180 equally so lower ranked people can also grind a decent amount to become uncollected.
  • HitmanHollahHitmanHollah Posts: 1
    It’s not the comment stating that they enjoy the new changes to arena and find it refreshing, it’s stating that before even playing?! And as MCOC history has shown the f2p and semi f2p player base have managed to keep the game somewhat balanced and raised enough hell to have Kabam rethink its player detrimental moves of course YouTube personalities help to increase that cachet. Anyhow the best remedy was to have these new arena formats only available to actual cavaliers and thronebreakers; everyone else is just left out in the cold and some of us who’ve been playing since inception for the sheer enjoyment now lose any joy in playing since it’s more of a job than an escapist casual game. Sorry for the novel🥴🤙🏽✌🏽

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Indeed. I don`t like the new format either. Because I am a unit grinder. But my friend always only did 1 arena. And he always grinded to about 18m in the old featured 5*. So for him. Nothing really changed, only that the effort past 12m now has units. So he gains from it. GMC, units, battlechips, gold and 6* shards have gone up for him. He likes them. And from his point of view he is right.
    Although I still hope they make the 6* basic for 4/5* max so the units grinders can gain something. And maybe even out the units by giving all arena's 180 equally so lower ranked people can also grind a decent amount to become uncollected.
    Yes, exactly. I don't understand why we deal with extreme cases every time. You can like the new arena and still ask for the milestones to be decreased. If the milestones are decreased, it will actually benefit the FTP who have big 6 star rosters because they could get the grind out of the way that much quicker.
    What we have here is people with views like FTP vs whales, players vs Kabam and the likes. You can see the disagrees on my comment which was not unreasonable at all. All they read is that the "arena is good" and hit the disagree without realizing that there are nuances in life. It is not so simple as us vs them.
    Honestly, actual whales don't actually care if FTP get the units or not because they will spend the money regardless. It's some people saying they are FTP like it is some badge of honor and criticizing the big spenders every time there is a change.

It’s not the comment stating that they enjoy the new changes to arena and find it refreshing, it’s stating that before even playing?! And as MCOC history has shown the f2p and semi f2p player base have managed to keep the game somewhat balanced and raised enough hell to have Kabam rethink its player detrimental moves of course YouTube personalities help to increase that cachet. Anyhow the best remedy was to have these new arena formats only available to actual cavaliers and thronebreakers; everyone else is just left out in the cold and some of us who’ve been playing since inception for the sheer enjoyment now lose any joy in playing since it’s more of a job than an escapist casual game. Sorry for the novel🥴🤙🏽✌🏽

I am not sure how much impact FTP-Semi-FTP have an impact on the overall decisions in the game. But, that is an entirely new topic. With the enjoyment of the arena, how many people said this arena format was BS before even playing it? One guy even quit before trying it out the whole 3 days and is still ranting in the forums.

Me and some others have actually grinded the arena. This arena format benefits people who have built moderate to big 6 star roster and a big 5 star roster. I have 52 6 star champs and this format is very good for me personally. I can play only 2 times per day and hit all the milestones. People first need to spell out what they want, is it units? is it the new 3 star champ?, because we have had different people asking for different things. Some not even offering feedback, just a rant and expletives.
  • Zbidelj88Zbidelj88 Posts: 4
    RDMN said:

Zbidelj88 said:

What about we who don't have 6* champs? U are making us to quite the game, this arena really sucks!!!

Tu nema vegetacije, samo raste @Zbidelj88 to je biljka koja leči i od side
    😅😅Haha @RDMM dodji nama opet 😋
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Ok so I've done my grind and as everyone has said it is way too much effort, geared solely towards the bigger accounts/spenders in the game.

I'm in a good position myself I have 105 6 stars and do get the time to put into the arena, but there is no way I would even dream to put up 100 million plus for the hope of getting a champ.

I used to run 3 arenas before the change the goal was to pick up units/battlechips and also get in the 1 - 5% for the 300 6 star shards so I was doing:

1: 4 star arena - 1.6million (42 rounds approx)
    2: 5 Star Basic - 4.1million (46 rounds approx)
    3: 5 Star Featured 24 million (120 rounds)

So a total of 208 rounds approx, that would net me 405 units

The first grind on the new arena I wanted to see where I would place on each of the 6 star arena's putting up the same 24 million.

1: Summoner Trials - 2.157 (62 rounds) only used rank 4/5 4 stars
    2: 6 Star Basic - 24.051 Million (155 rounds) Used rank 4/5 5 stars and 6 stars)
    3: 6 Star Basic - 24.040 Million (121 rounds) Only used 6 stars

So a total of 338 rounds approx, that netted me 540 units

I did not boost in any arena and placed:

1: Summoner Trials - 4,796th - 11% > 25%
    2: 6 Star Basic - 1,189th - 1% > 5%
    3: 6 Star Basic - 1,929th - 1% > 5%

The rewards made the effort worth while for me as I picked up 2k 6 star shards, and if I skipped the summoner trials and dropped a few rounds of the two 6 stars the rounds to units wouldn't be too different.

So not bad for someone with my account size, but thats where it stops, as an earlier player I wouldn't be able to compete in the 6 star arenas as there wouldn't be any way to one get a streak going and then maintain it and the pay off from the original Summoner Trials, 3 star and 4 star arenas being condensed into a single arena is far worse.

You are losing 135 units a round that all adds up and is actually over 14k units each year! and on top of that there is no way of netting any 5 star shards in the new arena.

On a final note none of these changes can be classed as Quality of life changes.

This is great analysis that covers all elements that arena offer I.e. units and end rewards.

I did not even entertain the trials arena, just like never used to bother with old 3 or 4* arena, cause (even as a non spender) I would rather just do my 25m for few units and the end reward shards.

I do agree that there needs to be something in between trials and 6* arena as the gap is too big.

But just screaming go back to the old arenas is not going to happen. The game is moving on arena has been stale for 3 years.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    For a 6* arena there should be 6* or at the very least Cav shards for milestones. Grandmaster shards are useless
This discussion has been closed.