**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grinded 115 million in 6 star arena...thanks for helping me decide to quit this game.

Comments

• PanbohPanboh Posts: 72
    Gamer said:

Panboh said:

Gamer said:

Panboh said:

Well, there is a "refresh champion" button. You refresh the boosted r3's and grind with them. You need only 3 6* and a ton of units. Does it make sense now?

Still that a bs Amun’s of unit for 6 star that 60 unit ever 3 so me wil be out of that
    It sure is, but my 6* was about 2400 units in crystals without any quaranty getting him so...
    I’m aware I’m just trying to enjoy the game and just grind milestone is esay for me then a champions then I’m rather get it when in the basice

For sure. Just Saw a video from a guy who placed 54 (with 147) claiming he spent 14k units in refresh 🙄

Anyway I grinded casual for 38m and got 1-5% which are a huge update in terms of shards.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I have only 2 6 stars.. I am way out of the league. 🙏🙏🙏 😂😂😂
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I've got 50 6*s and I can barely make myself do 6 million lol. I wouldn't do 115 million if it guaranteed me a duped 6* Doom.

I’m in the same boat, best I could be bothered to put up on a somewhat regular basis was 1.5mil in the 4* basic.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

As predicted, my long comment got deleted on this thread. It was not off topic, it did not break any forum rules, yet it got deleted. Just because I was talking about how some people make the top 100 leaderboard.

This shows a lot about how Kabam would rather bury the truth and delete comments that talk about how people steal arena champs from others, LIKE NUMBER 26 ON THE SHANG CHI LEADERBOARD, than actually take a stance and ban these players. People are gonna get cheated out of the top 100, until the game company stops ignoring this.

What you are suggesting is a conspiracy on Kabam's part. Unless and otherwise kabam can confirm that the account has changed hands themselves, they cannot outright ban the account. We can chat in line, have videos in YouTube and have a discussion in discord about these things, but unless they can find it in game, they won't take action. That is the reason many people who have admitted to account sharing and mercing in YouTube have their accounts still active. That is also the reason they could not root out mercs in legend runs, they use vpn, use the same device and have so many ways of getting around detection.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Pulyaman said:

tafre said:

As predicted, my long comment got deleted on this thread. It was not off topic, it did not break any forum rules, yet it got deleted. Just because I was talking about how some people make the top 100 leaderboard.

This shows a lot about how Kabam would rather bury the truth and delete comments that talk about how people steal arena champs from others, LIKE NUMBER 26 ON THE SHANG CHI LEADERBOARD, than actually take a stance and ban these players. People are gonna get cheated out of the top 100, until the game company stops ignoring this.

What you are suggesting is a conspiracy on Kabam's part. Unless and otherwise kabam can confirm that the account has changed hands themselves, they cannot outright ban the account. We can chat in line, have videos in YouTube and have a discussion in discord about these things, but unless they can find it in game, they won't take action. That is the reason many people who have admitted to account sharing and mercing in YouTube have their accounts still active. That is also the reason they could not root out mercs in legend runs, they use vpn, use the same device and have so many ways of getting around detection.
    Funny thing is they did ban him for the 7.1 legend run attempt since his account went inactive for a week or so. Also this is the American guy who popped up on the European leaderboard in the Summoner Showdown. They know the history behind this account, they just don’t take action for the arenas, period. Never did, probably never will. I’ll be the first to say kudos to Kabam if they do actually ban these guys but I highly doubt it.

All my comments are gonna get deleted anyways so... Btw I know that I didn’t break any forum rules on the deleted comments since I did not get a forum warning/ban, indicating that it was just censored since clearly it was not off topic.
    Do you have proof of them banning him for legends run? I have not seen anything like that. The switching between regions can easily be explained away as using VPN which is not against the TOS. How can you ban an account from arena unless you have proof that he is a bot? Lots of high tier players use mercs to grind for them and should be banned, but cannot be because there is no proof.
    I cannot comment on the comments getting deleted without getting a warning, so I am not going to go into that. :p
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

I'm bored after putting up 100k points. How do you guys have the mental stamina to go 100+ mil deep?

LOL That’s where I am. I do light grinding in Arena every three months or so, that’s how much I just don’t want to do it
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The cutoffs are fine as is IMO. You get to target any champ you want and if you miss out then you miss out because other players beat you with a higher score. We have never been able to target specific 6* before these new arenas. The cutoffs for good, new 6* champs is going to be ridiculously high.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

As if it would be “too much” to remove leaderboard altogether and just give the champs at milestones.

80 million points - new 5*
    100 million points - new 6*

Those that can grind the 100 million for “free” will be thankful they won’t miss. Those that have to spend at least get a guaranteed new champion.

Pinning people against each other just creates a toxic community. It’s not needed, arenas boast no skills required. Only time and money.

Edit: I wouldn’t be opposed to kabam changing the milestone points as roster grow the points will be easier to obtain.

You do understand how the entire core concept of this game works? Pinning people against each other creates a healthy community. It’s really more encouraging spirited competition.

This game doesn’t work if everyone wins a trophy. You have to be better/ higher than someone else or else what is the point of spending?

If that happens we are just playing street fighter at that point. I thought about having milestones in arena for a 5* champ, but it can’t happen.

Effort does not = Reward

This could happen if champions weren’t such a strong factor within game. Maybe when they introduce relics that is something you can put in milestone.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    DBLR_989 said:

Grinded 115 million in 6 star arena...thanks for helping me decide to quit this game. It's obvious that arenas are solely made for those with the biggest rosters now. There's no way in hell that ANYONE should grind up 115 million points over a weekend and miss the cutoff for a 6 star. That's way too much time and effort placed for a 5 star. I'm a spender in this game whose roster of 6 stars is just under 40 champs, so there's no way for guys like me to compete with guys with over 100 6 stars. Grinding for these 6 stars would be the only way to try increase that pool. After this weekends grind, I realize that's no longer possible as I do not see myself wanting to grind for over 100 million+ points again. Thanks Kabam. You've lost another paying customer from your player base.

You should have waited for the first arena result and then planned for the second arena. This the first time 6 star arenas released so no one can predict the points.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

As if it would be “too much” to remove leaderboard altogether and just give the champs at milestones.

80 million points - new 5*
    100 million points - new 6*

Those that can grind the 100 million for “free” will be thankful they won’t miss. Those that have to spend at least get a guaranteed new champion.

Pinning people against each other just creates a toxic community. It’s not needed, arenas boast no skills required. Only time and money.

Edit: I wouldn’t be opposed to kabam changing the milestone points as roster grow the points will be easier to obtain.

You do understand how the entire core concept of this game works? Pinning people against each other creates a healthy community. It’s really more encouraging spirited competition.

This game doesn’t work if everyone wins a trophy. You have to be better/ higher than someone else or else what is the point of spending?

If that happens we are just playing street fighter at that point. I thought about having milestones in arena for a 5* champ, but it can’t happen.

Effort does not = Reward

This could happen if champions weren’t such a strong factor within game. Maybe when they introduce relics that is something you can put in milestone.
    Not in arenas. The game works this way everywhere else, it doesn’t have to apply in arenas. This isn’t an actual player vs player section of the game. It’s a fake PVP, there isn’t a trophy for arena wins except the titles. Eventually the champions all enter the basic crystal and will be available. Hence not a trophy as you would like to see it as. Reality dictates it’s just kabam feeding addictions and abusing people. If you are okay with that, then your argument makes sense.

Making a push for champions to be in the milestones is an obvious sign from kabam that they also see it this way. Unfortunately they still want to make money. Arena is a pit of money, the unknown to the player base = gambling. Even if they aren’t spending they are gambling their points are sufficient for what they want. It causes undue stress and excessive spending. As others have stated it’s smarter to spend on feature runs then cavalier crystals. Leading to more of a gap in the leaderboards.

Nah, I don’t accept your argument. Try again.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Damn. Sucks man, but yeah 6* arena is a little absurd when it comes to points. Think everyone is missing the fact he is trying to expand his 6* roster so he is grinding in the arena. But i think you should have went for the basic champ in that case, before going for the featured champ.
  • Khaos369Khaos369 Posts: 13
    I don’t see how making the champ a milestone is that bad. Yeah it becomes guaranteed which makes it a “trophy prize”, but that shouldn’t be a bad thing. This isn’t the real world and we aren’t children in need of learning the lesson that not everyone can or is a winner.The amount of time spent to get these champs in insane and nearly all content released ever has guaranteed rewards except Aq,Aw, and arena. Don’t mind a heavy grind as long as the reward is near or equals said grind. Maybe if the arena didn’t have so many mercs/bots we could talk about another solution, but here we are. They can make the milestone really high if needed to offset the change.No one should have to wait 3 days to see where is a good spot to stop grinding for the next round in the first place. Heck, with Mtrucos and ArenaResultsKnight they might as well just post the scores themselves.
    Making the Featured, or even the Basic, milestones for 5/6 stars doesn't work for how this game is structured

At some point, people have to answer this question: You can grind for Units as milestones. You can grind for Battlechips which drop Units.

You can use those Units to open Crystals.

Let's say you do that. You grinded out 900 Units, opened three Featureds, got 6-star Shang-Chi.

If you do that and get the Featured, costing you only time spent grinding the Units, how, exactly, does Kabam earn revenue?

Developing the game isn't free. There are people who will get the character without spending a dime.

But at some point, that cannot be "everyone who hits a milestone."

We can go back and forth about a lot of things, but Kabam can't just give new characters away. They can't just give 6-stars away.

There has to be a cost and a cutoff, because some people, through RNG, will get the character and not spend a penny
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Is there a reason why there can't just be two more milestones:

40 million: the 5 star champion
    80 million: the 6 star champion

I'll leave it to the "experts" as to whether these scores are too high or too low... but there is something to be said about making it a milestone / guarantee, rather than rage quitting from getting just a little short.
    Maybe if the game lasts long enough, we will see 5-stars as a milestone. There once was a time when a 4-star being a milestone was unthinkable, so it could happen

But right now, 5-stars are still at a power level that can clear almost all content, though 6-stars are where Act 7 is geared

I think there's a chance 5-stars might be milestones one day, but I don't think it's gonna be soon