**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Andypandy87Andypandy87 Posts: 65
    So I've just been thinking and there's 2 arena's that have 16.5m mile stones I'm cavalier and this was rough just doing one my roster ain't huge also with these two main arena's all the big accounts can smash them both and get new 6* if they ain't already got them it feels like this change has been made to benefit the big guys in the game.

Just an idea what about 3 different arena's
    1for throne breaker level
    1 for cavalier level
    1 for uncollected and below

Make these arena's locked to the people at that level so the throne breakers can't go smash both levels and get every reward make the game more even and help the little guys who play arena.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

So I've just been thinking and there's 2 arena's that have 16.5m mile stones I'm cavalier and this was rough just doing one my roster ain't huge also with these two main arena's all the big accounts can smash them both and get new 6* if they ain't already got them it feels like this change has been made to benefit the big guys in the game.

1 for cavalier level

Make these arena's locked to the people at that level so the throne breakers can't go smash both levels and get every reward make the game more even and help the little guys who play arena.

So thronebreaker players should be punished for progressing further than the little guys? A lot of little guys choose to be little, not because they have new accounts. If you don`t want to progress in the game you will miss out on stuff. 1 arena for collected players is fine, you should want to progress, and by this point becoming uncollected only requires you to have 2 functional fingers and eyesight.
    The middle arena should however be toned down so there is a logical way to progress from the 1 small arena to the medium and advanced arena.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

1 for cavalier level

Please don't club UC with those below UC. It's been a criteria of UC and up. Let's keep it that way
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

1 for cavalier level

You want Cav players to catch up to TB by restricting TB players? Awesome idea. I thought the point of progressing in game was to gain access, not lose access to stuff. This change does not affect people going after new champs. Anyone above UC can go for the new 6 star if they use enough refreshes on their top 6 stars. All this arena does is make them get the milestones easier.

I can tell you, as a former securities attorney, that this new arena system is an attempt at a direct cash-grab. Netmarble’s recent financial disclosures reveal that kabam’s first quarter 2021 was its worst quarter since the company began reporting; this followed an earnings miss for Q4 2020.

It’s no coincidence that Shang Chi and Mr. Negative are substantially better champs than any released those far in 2021. Kabam saw the effects of releasing underwhelming champions on its profits—aside from youtubers and CCP participants, very few people spent hundreds of dollars chasing a six star Super Skrull or Psycho Man

So, for the arena, here’s how it works. All players other than those with 100+ six star champions (mega whales or elite, long-term ftp players) will be able to earn fewer “free” units from grinding. Kabam then hopes that these players will purchase more units. At the same time, Kabam is hoping (and it appears to have worked) that the introduction of six star champions in the rank rewards will cause the whales and top-top-top players to spend units refreshing their six star champions to chase ridiculous scores. Then, both whales and non-whales across all player tiers will hopefully spend more cash on July 4th to make up for the units they spent refreshing or were unable to get from grinding. No coincidence here—that Fourth of July spending is counted in the second quarter, where Kabam needs to show a major course correction. It will take a substantial jump in quarterly revenue to convince shareholders and the board not to start firing company executives.

Any lines from Kabam about “we are trying to ....” or “we were responding to ....” are lip service to the player community. Kabam is really only trying to do one thing—increase its earnings. In that same vein, their is only one group that Kabam really cares about making happy, and that’s its shareholders.

There’s nothing wrong with trying to turn a profit—- that’s what companies do. What IS shady is Kabam telling us that they made these changes for the player base as a whole, and sourcing feedback like this and pretending they are listening. Make no mistake—Kabam will only listen IF their plan doesn’t work. However, if Kabam sees increased unit spending and unit buying tied to new arenas without an unacceptable user-account-loss figure, then they aren’t concerned with our feedback. Shareholder-driven companies only really look at one metric to gauge whether or not new content is successful—how much we spend.

Champs are decided 6 atleast 6 months earlier. Unless you are saying Kabam predicted that they will have a bad first quarter, so they decided to release great champs and release the 6 star arena at the exact same time to reverse their fortunes, I am actually impressed at them. Though if they knew that, they could have very well released the champs early and saved the first quarter revenue. Odd that.
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 190 ★★
    Would like to give more feedback about the new arena structure. I grinded the milestone in both six star arena. I spent more time and got less shards for rank position. I never go for the champions but I did see some of the score and they are 100% ridiculous. I have a pretty solid roster. I have 83 6 stars. I am not seeing anyone who actually won out with the new changes. I really feel that if you keep with this set up, that you could try a couple of different things. You could lower the scores of the milestones. if you put both 6 star arena down to 12 millions points. You could lower the time it takes for our champs to refresh. You could make every star level worth more points per fight. You could make the feature six star only, the basic five star only. I also think you should do something more for the lower end accounts, the new way really punishes people with out a lot of six stars champs or ranked up 5 stars. In the end people do not want to spend their whole life grinding. The balance went out the window this weekend. It really has become unrealistic to grind the arena. We had to spend more time to get less in return. That is a way to drive people away from the game. I am not free to play by any means but I grind arenas for more units and shards with my free time, but I feel that it is becoming wasted time since I had to put more in for less. Free to play people must really be upset with this change since chances are they have smaller accounts (too the most part) and it would be near impossible for them to get to all of the milestones. Over all, I think the Time is the biggest problem, this was said to be a Quality of life improvement, it is Not. I do like that the shards were changed from PHC to Grand master, It would be really nice if that was bumped up more. Like thrown breaker gets Cavalier crystal shards, but I really can not complain since it did get an upgrade.

Pulyaman said:

I can tell you, as a former securities attorney, that this new arena system is an attempt at a direct cash-grab. Netmarble’s recent financial disclosures reveal that kabam’s first quarter 2021 was its worst quarter since the company began reporting; this followed an earnings miss for Q4 2020.

It’s no coincidence that Shang Chi and Mr. Negative are substantially better champs than any released those far in 2021. Kabam saw the effects of releasing underwhelming champions on its profits—aside from youtubers and CCP participants, very few people spent hundreds of dollars chasing a six star Super Skrull or Psycho Man

So, for the arena, here’s how it works. All players other than those with 100+ six star champions (mega whales or elite, long-term ftp players) will be able to earn fewer “free” units from grinding. Kabam then hopes that these players will purchase more units. At the same time, Kabam is hoping (and it appears to have worked) that the introduction of six star champions in the rank rewards will cause the whales and top-top-top players to spend units refreshing their six star champions to chase ridiculous scores. Then, both whales and non-whales across all player tiers will hopefully spend more cash on July 4th to make up for the units they spent refreshing or were unable to get from grinding. No coincidence here—that Fourth of July spending is counted in the second quarter, where Kabam needs to show a major course correction. It will take a substantial jump in quarterly revenue to convince shareholders and the board not to start firing company executives.

Any lines from Kabam about “we are trying to ....” or “we were responding to ....” are lip service to the player community. Kabam is really only trying to do one thing—increase its earnings. In that same vein, their is only one group that Kabam really cares about making happy, and that’s its shareholders.

There’s nothing wrong with trying to turn a profit—- that’s what companies do. What IS shady is Kabam telling us that they made these changes for the player base as a whole, and sourcing feedback like this and pretending they are listening. Make no mistake—Kabam will only listen IF their plan doesn’t work. However, if Kabam sees increased unit spending and unit buying tied to new arenas without an unacceptable user-account-loss figure, then they aren’t concerned with our feedback. Shareholder-driven companies only really look at one metric to gauge whether or not new content is successful—how much we spend.

Champs are decided 6 atleast 6 months earlier. Unless you are saying Kabam predicted that they will have a bad first quarter, so they decided to release great champs and release the 6 star arena at the exact same time to reverse their fortunes, I am actually impressed at them. Though if they knew that, they could have very well released the champs early and saved the first quarter revenue. Odd that.
    Who they release and animations are decided well in advance. But final tuning can be done up until release. Additionally, they new about their Q1 earnings in March, and knew that they missed in Q420 as early as January.
    I realized that conspiracy theories are like a whack a mole. You cannot end them. If fine tuning champions are that easy, overhaul of all champions should take about 1 month. You can believe what you want, I will believe them if there is proof.
    It is not a coincidence that 6 star arena dropped along with an awesome champ. I think Bishop was the first champ to drop in 5 star featured and he was the first champ to have the persistent charge mechanic, correct me if I am wrong. They wanted to hype the new arena and it makes sense to release that along with a champ that they know will be sought after. I mean, who will go for Air walker if he was the first 6 star arena champ. But, saying they released Shang-chi and Mr.Negative only because of first quarter result is a bit of a stretch.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Who they release and animations are decided well in advance. But final tuning can be done up until release. Additionally, they new about their Q1 earnings in March, and knew that they missed in Q420 as early as January.
    I realized that conspiracy theories are like a whack a mole. You cannot end them. If fine tuning champions are that easy, overhaul of all champions should take about 1 month. You can believe what you want, I will believe them if there is proof.
    It is not a coincidence that 6 star arena dropped along with an awesome champ. I think Bishop was the first champ to drop in 5 star featured and he was the first champ to have the persistent charge mechanic, correct me if I am wrong. They wanted to hype the new arena and it makes sense to release that along with a champ that they know will be sought after. I mean, who will go for Air walker if he was the first 6 star arena champ. But, saying they released Shang-chi and Mr.Negative only because of first quarter result is a bit of a stretch.
    Mephisto was the first champ with persistent charges. After that it was morning star. Then modok. After them, it was bishop
    Thank you, I stand corrected. I think there was a major hyper surrounding his release, I think it has to do with his damage, but I don't remember.

Pulyaman said:

Have you ever been to a board meeting or owned a business? Profit-driven decisions are not a “conspiracy theory.”

I never said Shang Chi and Negative were only Due to the weak earnings. But if they really wanted to maximize Shang-Chi hype, his release would be closer to his movie release, which is slated for September. My guess is they moved him up to second quarter, or severely tuned him up.

Also, notice how Kabam Miike’s response to our complaints is to tell us that “several more arenas just like this will be coming” before they make any changes. There are 42 pages and counting worth of users that have responded to this thread, the vast majority of whom are severely upset. In the past, Kabam has almost IMMEDIATELY reverted changes that are this poorly received (see Hood).
    They need to see their “Data” first— not how the new changes have affected grind time or how rosters affect scores, but how the new arena system is affecting Kabam’s bottom line.
    Again, you can twist it any way you want, it does not make it correct. You can see that in Seatin's June leak video that this month's Eq was in design stages almost 3 months ago when Odin EQ was leaked. So, I can provide proof that this was not all some grand conspiracy theory from Kabam, but I cannot convince anyone who chooses to believe otherwise.
    This arena is not a total failure. It has some good aspects which needs to be retained. We need to move forward in game and not revert every time there is an outrage. How we need to tweak this arena so that the arena is much less of a grind and more accessible to people with low and medium rosters is what we need to decide and not just go back to the old arena.
    On my part, I look forward to getting almost 3k 6 star shards every week from the 6 star arenas. If I put up 22 mill in the old arena, I get 300 6 star shards, now I can get 1k, that is an improvement.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    That's no great conspiracy. That's evidence they respond to feedback when appropriate.
  • VlajkoKVlajkoK Posts: 77
    My 5 cents, I don't like new arena at all as a cavalier with just 11 6* champs.
    I used to play arena for units, playing all arenas a little which imo was the best method for getting units per hour.
    That is a thing of the past and getting to some 5M in 6* arena brings me nothing worth the time involved.
    Shards I can get elsewhere in the game, arena was the main unit source, much harder now :(
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Thou champs are decided 6 months or what ever earlier who to say the champs for this month wasn't going to be like odin and the others but because they saw the decline in champion hype and crystal opening they didn't fine tune these champs and play around the numbers a bit before release so now they're good champs , truth be told every champ release this year has potential if you tune their numbers
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Have you ever been to a board meeting or owned a business? Profit-driven decisions are not a “conspiracy theory.”

I never said Shang Chi and Negative were only Due to the weak earnings. But if they really wanted to maximize Shang-Chi hype, his release would be closer to his movie release, which is slated for September. My guess is they moved him up to second quarter, or severely tuned him up.

Also, notice how Kabam Miike’s response to our complaints is to tell us that “several more arenas just like this will be coming” before they make any changes. There are 42 pages and counting worth of users that have responded to this thread, the vast majority of whom are severely upset. In the past, Kabam has almost IMMEDIATELY reverted changes that are this poorly received (see Hood).
    They need to see their “Data” first— not how the new changes have affected grind time or how rosters affect scores, but how the new arena system is affecting Kabam’s bottom line.
    Again, you can twist it any way you want, it does not make it correct. You can see that in Seatin's June leak video that this month's Eq was in design stages almost 3 months ago when Odin EQ was leaked. So, I can provide proof that this was not all some grand conspiracy theory from Kabam, but I cannot convince anyone who chooses to believe otherwise.
    This arena is not a total failure. It has some good aspects which needs to be retained. We need to move forward in game and not revert every time there is an outrage. How we need to tweak this arena so that the arena is much less of a grind and more accessible to people with low and medium rosters is what we need to decide and not just go back to the old arena.
    On my part, I look forward to getting almost 3k 6 star shards every week from the 6 star arenas. If I put up 22 mill in the old arena, I get 300 6 star shards, now I can get 1k, that is an improvement.
    Profit-driven doesn’t mean bad, and just because something it profit-driven doesn’t mean it can’t improve the game. But to act like everything Kabam does isn’t driven by profit is, to quote Ultron, “unbearably naive.”

Developing certain content months ahead of time has nothing to do with whether or not Kabam makes impromptu changes to other content or fast-tracks a character release. And even if Shang Chi and Negative weren’t buffed pre-release, that has nothing to do with the fact that this arena system is directly driven by Kabam’s profit problems.

Endgame players were spending zero units on arena, period. Now they are spending a ton to refresh their champions to chase a six star. The milestones are so high to prevent the next-tier players who need units to catch up to those top summoners to earn those units without spending so much time grinding that it’s easier and eventually (based on the time-value of money) cheaper to just buy the units.

It’s all about the money. Kabam, as part of publicly-traded netmarble games, is required to prioritize making money for its shareholders above all other things— and those shareholders don’t care if the game is fun or fair as long as it makes money.
    well said i wouldn't waste my time explaining something that's common sense, I've been in business for years and one thing i can say at the end of the day shareholders look at their numbers and a decline makes no one happy and then the firing starts and the moving in different direction starts
  • PoolBoyRoyPoolBoyRoy Posts: 48
    I am a newly TB player and I have been playing this game for just over a year. I was able to achieve cavalier very quickly and relatively easily just through working through the content as very little specific champ counters are needed. After cav a lot more specific champ counters were needed for clearing a path however I was still able to at least clear act 6 by going chapter by chapter grinding arena and ranking up champs that might not be the best counter but could work with a little extra units. This process did not take long as getting 40 units for a revive took less than 15 minutes jumping between arenas picking up the lowest milestones. Now with the changes to the milestones gathering these units takes a far more progressed roster and time. I believe I was at an advantage joining a year ago than a new player joining today for this reason. A solution I have come up with is including brackets based on hero rating or possibly progression where arenas more catered to a players roster is available to them. Even so being a thronebreaker with 25 6* champs, I feel I have no chance at picking up any of these new champs because of whales with 100+ 6*s, not to mention completing milestones, something I used to be able to do in way less time. Without the arenas I would have quit a long time ago as I could not have made it through the content I did at the time and I would have been bored with no progression. That is what will happen to all new players in this game.
  • The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 71

• The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 71

This discussion has been closed.