**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Watch Ads for Units

TheTrueBeastTheTrueBeast Posts: 255 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
As most of us have seen recently, Kabam's revenue over the last quarter was down. While there's likely multiple reasons for this, like the coronavirus, it still has me concerned about the future of MCOC. This led me to think of other potential revenue streams for MCOC, especially from FTP players out there. What if MCOC implemented something that gave units to watch an ad, like Transformers Forged to Fight does. Not many units, just 5 or 10 once a day to persuade players to watch it. That way, if you have a fundamental hate against ads, you wont have to watch them if you dont want to. While I continually see people complaining about the game, there is no denying that it is a great mobile game and many of us would loose on a enjoyable experience if the game shutters. Would the player base be against something like this?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Actually a good idea. Maybe a small amount to watch it entirely and a little more to click on ad. Not a bad idea.
    I hope kabam take notice of this.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Hoitado said:

One of the main reasons this game has a big player base is because there is no ads Whether it’s a banner or a video

If they did this I would leave

Kabam can have an option for ppl like you to disable ads.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

Hoitado said:

One of the main reasons this game has a big player base is because there is no ads Whether it’s a banner or a video

Smh

A company will advertise another company’s product (or their own) for money. Disable Option wouldn’t earn Kabam any money because no one is seeing the advertisement so the Company selling the product would not be able to pay Kabam money or earn money from the advertisement because not enough people are seeing it.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

doctorb said:

Hoitado said:

Smh

A company will advertise another company’s product (or their own) for money. Disable Option wouldn’t earn Kabam any money because no one is seeing the advertisement so the Company selling the product would not be able to pay Kabam money or earn money from the advertisement because not enough people are seeing it.
    Why can't people understand this. The ads are already optional. Its a button that you have to manually tap. Id venture that the majority of the player base rarely taps the button for the top players. It would literally be right beside that and you wouldnt have to tap it if you didnt want to. If you did tap it, you watch a 30 second ad and earn some units. This is not rocket science
    Lol, all you've done is present an idea and argue with people who disagree with you.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    In the first quarter of the year there isn't a major spending event, this leads to less revenue in those months compared to the other months. In the other 3 quarters there is spring cleaning, the July 4th deals, and the cyber weekend offers. The game is doing just fine and doesn't need to implement ads
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

In the first quarter of the year there isn't a major spending event, this leads to less revenue in those months compared to the other months. In the other 3 quarters there is spring cleaning, the July 4th deals, and the cyber weekend offers. The game is doing just fine and doesn't need to implement ads

Additionally, if they just made a roadmap where they are going further and using resources to update the UI which is perfectly fine, they aren’t in any need to min/max and are most likely fine financially.