**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

d

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

10% of players are responsible for 50% of the revenue.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
    What good is arena if the game's over? If someone said they'd be happy moving to a city where everyone's dying is a fool and not to be taken seriously.

These changes hurt the vets too and they're too blinded by the extra 6 star shards to realize it.
    It's an over reaction from the community as usual for a change in the game. Kabam have already said they are looking into making changes, but everyone wants it done now. Game is not getting over anytime soon. Kabam have still posted a comfortable quarter albeit less than what they actually do. Go watch Seatin break down why their earnings are still impressive.
    How are these changes hurting the vet? it actually benefits them the most. So, I am not sure where you are getting this from. All I said was don't attack the person saying they like this arena, you said they should be criticized as well which makes no sense. Just because you don't like the change, no one has to? The arena has to change to accommodate low to mid tier players also, but the attitude of the community has to change too to accept alternate views and not call everyone who likes the change a Kabam shill.
    The community cries about everything but these complaints have merit and need immediate attention. This is worse than 12.0 because the f2p system still functioned then, now it's just gone.

Vets are happy soaking in all the shards (I'm one of them), but what's the point if it kills the bottom 90%??? You realize Kabam would shut it down, right? And then we'd have no game and no shards and no crystals.
    Kabam would shut what down? The game? How do you go from arena change to game shutting down in a span of 3 days? They have said that it is being discussed, what more do you think should be done? This was the second round of the same arena that was run on Wednesday, how can they just change it after 1 round? I get that people want a solution now, but we also need to think of the bigger picture. They may actually change it for the next set of champs back to the old system, they also need to change their plans as to what champs to give because they may not have expected such a backlash.
    Could this have been done in a better way? Definitely. But, it's a screw up that they need to clean up now. They have got suggestions from the CCP and the community, let them come up with a plan first before raising doomsday predictions.
    MCOC would absolutely would die off if the unit problem wasn't addressed within several weeks because overnight the game went from being f2p to not f2p. It's not just a silly arena change, it's a complete 180 of their business model.

So it upsets people when they see big roster players come in saying they love it.

We know Kabam will fix things and it can't happen overnight, but this time it's not just another Cav EQ complaint thread, the game's life might be on the line.
    I typed a long reply, but decided it was not worth arguing over. We agree that there needs to be a reduced milestone to make grinding easy for everyone. I am not one to jump on the game is ending train immediately on every crisis. I don't think this change is as bad as people are making it out to be, but I guess time will tell. My only gripe is that players are criticizing players when the criticism or praise should be towards Kabam. That is what I wanted to convey in the first place.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Pulyaman said:

Greekhit said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

10% of players are responsible for 50% of the revenue.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
    What good is arena if the game's over? If someone said they'd be happy moving to a city where everyone's dying is a fool and not to be taken seriously.

These changes hurt the vets too and they're too blinded by the extra 6 star shards to realize it.
    It's an over reaction from the community as usual for a change in the game. Kabam have already said they are looking into making changes, but everyone wants it done now. Game is not getting over anytime soon. Kabam have still posted a comfortable quarter albeit less than what they actually do. Go watch Seatin break down why their earnings are still impressive.
    How are these changes hurting the vet? it actually benefits them the most. So, I am not sure where you are getting this from. All I said was don't attack the person saying they like this arena, you said they should be criticized as well which makes no sense. Just because you don't like the change, no one has to? The arena has to change to accommodate low to mid tier players also, but the attitude of the community has to change too to accept alternate views and not call everyone who likes the change a Kabam shill.
    The community cries about everything but these complaints have merit and need immediate attention. This is worse than 12.0 because the f2p system still functioned then, now it's just gone.

Vets are happy soaking in all the shards (I'm one of them), but what's the point if it kills the bottom 90%??? You realize Kabam would shut it down, right? And then we'd have no game and no shards and no crystals.
    Kabam would shut what down? The game? How do you go from arena change to game shutting down in a span of 3 days? They have said that it is being discussed, what more do you think should be done? This was the second round of the same arena that was run on Wednesday, how can they just change it after 1 round? I get that people want a solution now, but we also need to think of the bigger picture. They may actually change it for the next set of champs back to the old system, they also need to change their plans as to what champs to give because they may not have expected such a backlash.
    Could this have been done in a better way? Definitely. But, it's a screw up that they need to clean up now. They have got suggestions from the CCP and the community, let them come up with a plan first before raising doomsday predictions.
    Suggestions, plans, bla bla bla ...
    Does it takes to be a genius to cut off all milestone points to half, and give the 6* to top1% and 5* to top10%, at least for the basic arena?
    Solutions are there and are simple.
    Do this easy change immediately and everybody will be happy.
    Players are frustrated and quitting over the unreasonable delay of taking action.
    What about the people asking for the units that they grinded a week back that they could not do now because of such high milestones? I am no programmer and and have no idea about how they decide these things, only thing I know is that my unit grind got longer but my shards gain is also higher. If the solution is as easy as you are suggesting, I have no idea why they have not implemented them, especially if the future of the game in on the line.
    Well from the responses I personally received from the support them. They are hoping that the community will just roll over and take it as is. And some will and that's ok. I was told that I may grow like it. Which did make me laugh.
    Look they messed this up bad and have no plan to deal with it. And that's ok, but you'd think they know this isn't the most patient community when it is pissed off.
    If people are expecting the old arenas in addition to the new ones, that may not happen. if it does, Kabam will try to keep the unit gain the same and just divide it between more arena which is not ideal. What I know is that there has been an outrage for a lot of things in the game and in some cases it eventually dies off as people got used to the change or they saw the logic behind the change. Very few times have Kabam gone back to tweak something they implemented immediately after an outrage. Hopefully, they will do it this time and tweak it in a way that arena is made less painful for everyone.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    So far I do not like the new arena structure at all. I am not a whale so the 6* is not for me. I have 100% completed chapter 6.2 so the lowly 4* arena I will not bother with. I will just not do any new arenas at all. They fit the newbies and the whales but not players like me.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I’m as frustrated as the rest of the community is here,..and no arenas won’t work for the majority of us, and it isn’t a overreaction to say that because it’s reality for most of us. But resorting to violent innuendos isn’t going to help anything .
  • leftykiller8leftykiller8 Posts: 14
    I like the idea of less arenas in theory, but I think things would have been better left as is, but adding a 6* arena. Here’s why: I remember back when the only people able to grind out the 4* champ were big spenders and bots. Then y’all introduced the 5* arena and those two groups moved away from the 4* arena which opened up those champs to progressing players who could really use a 4* version of particular champs. Adding the 6* arena to the old format, in theory, would do the same for the 5* arena. Also, I mainly grind out for units, because I have a family of 7 and can’t afford to spend too much on this game (that’s time and money lol). I love it though and still play at least a couple hours a day. This new format doesn’t even allow me the time to grind out a new 3* champ. My roster is simply not advanced enough for the time crunch. The old system was best for the people who have the time and money, and the people who don’t. Please bring it back and just add a 6* arena, with appropriate milestones based off the data gained from the arena just run. Thank you for your consideration and all that y’all do.
  • DanpielDanpiel Posts: 23
    edited May 2021

without respect like the one who kabam doesn't have us, I don't know if they are drugged or have a mental problem, they take away the basic four-star arena, to whom we are really sand players, lower the unit itos, and not agree with that, now they want us to vote to make more than a million points to give us a premium crystal and a ballot, osea are insane, I'm a regular arena player for three years play non-stop, they really believe that people will stop living hours with their family or work hours for a premium glass, and a ballot to vote

This is my Soul speaking! Thanks, same here! :neutral: I LOL because more units from 535 to 540 (more time + longest milestones) Go out to Mars Big K!
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    For a long time, players have been asking for a rethink of arenas and what is being proposed now has a positive side but many other negative ones.
    The only positive addition, and it is a great news, is the certainty that your efforts will be rewarded in taking a 3 or 4 star character through the milestones (many players do not make anything of the 3 and 4 stars now but this is another problem).
    The downsides are:
    - It takes much longer to reach all the milestones;
    - Different groups of players have merged into fewer arenas.

Taking everything into consideration, it seems to me that the new system is worse than the old.

Another aspect is related to the Merc or what they call those who, for money, make arenas for others. I noticed that for the ranking of the fastest in the new act 7.2 something has been done about it and I hope that a check in this sense will be extended not only to the war seasons but also to many other aspects of the game and to the arenas.

In the last month I have read and heard of many players who abandon the game because the monthly event is extremely boring and repetitive, the alliance quests of a deadly boredom (great the fact of having removed the tied knots anyway), the alliance wars seasons are very unbalanced (those who arrive among the first will always arrive among the first and the gap is increasing considerably), the back issues were something innovative and fascinated everyone, but the last two were boring and questionable are the rewards.
    What is keeping so many players still inside is the fun experienced in act 7 and some fights of the previous acts (not to mention the sense of belonging to the community)

This is a years old game if kabam plans to revitalize it with these kinds of changes I think there is a problem.
  • AbisAbis Posts: 12

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    We wanna hear from you about your decision. We want old arena back as most of us can't go on with this new arena system. We play mcoc for entertainment but it's getting stressful with new arena structure. Please come here and let everyone know what you decide so then we will decide about staying or leaving mcoc. Thanks in advance

i really dont think they care about FTP players man..
    we don`t keep the server / game alive..only the money guys.

i hope they will rework again the arenas to be fair for ALL players but after 46 pages i am losing hope.
    This number should be an alarm signal for them to change it at once.

Like i said before

Create 1 arena for the big guy with 50+ of 6* to fight for the 6*
    Create 1 arena for those who have under 50 of 6* to fight for a 5*
    Create 1 arena for those who have 50+ of 5* to fight for a 5*
    Create 1 arena for those who have under 50 of 5* to fight for a 5*
    Create 1 arena for the featured 4*
    Create 1 arena for the featured 3*

or something like that...

You have so many options.you did the same with the tier of incursions .
    If you need a guy who thinks like a player...let me know..i will break it down for you
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Ive seen that the will stick with the 3 arena system, but make it atleast the unit milestone the same point as it was.
    Or even better lower, arena should not be a neccesity for clearing content or having a chance with cav crystal.
    My mistake was buying 5k cavalier for shang chi. I did not calculate having arena grind problems for 4th of july.
  • Inferior_IronmanInferior_Ironman Posts: 16
    This does not address all of the issues brought up by the community, but it is my own contribution to finding a solution.

Make the reward of the featured/basic champs based on raffle results. Each milestone starting with 1.5 mil (where you can qualify for rank rewards) gives a 'raffle ticket'. You could grind out 3-4 or if you have the roster, you could grind out 8-10. Your odds of winning are increased but not guaranteed. After the 6* winners have been determined, the remaining players' raffle tickets are used for 400 winners for the 5* featured champ. Everyone else gets their rank rewards.

Additionally, you could implement 1 or 2 milestones near or at the top end that give a token. Those tokens could then be used for featured 5* crystals down the road (could be saved for when that champ hits the featured crystal). Each of those crystals would cost 2-4 tokens depending on how rare they are (in 1 or 2 milestones). An added incentive for those who can manage the grind, but no one gets additional chances at the featured champs beyond farming the milestones (rank rewards would be the only reason to grind past the last one). This would help to reduce the feeling of wasted time and reduce the incentive for bots/farmers/pilots to grind 120mil+ points.
  • Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26
    Top 250 scores should get the 6-star version of the champion. Top 750 should get the 5-star version. The current setup is too stingy.
  • hajahashajahas Posts: 4
    Sabahtan akşama kadar arena kas ele geçen tatmin edici bir rozet ve kredi yok. Daha fazla yorgunluk daha fazla ama sonuç eskiye oranla ele geçen daha az birim. Acil düzenleme bekliyoruz
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Its a shame honestly. I kinda was on the fence about going for the Mr. Negative bundles just because of how awesome his character appears to be but not until arenas are fixed. Or at the very least acknowledged that a fix is on the way.
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    Just an idea:
    The biggest problem is, that there are four kinds of arena-player.
    1st. The Milestone-Grinders. They want to get DC and units as fast as possible and do not want to refresh champs.
    2nd. The Shard-and-Champ-Grinder. They want the newest champs or at least crystal-shards.
    3rd. The Sometimes-I-have-a-litte-time-for-arena-players. They just want some shards, some units and mostly some DC to buy tickets for higher AQ-Maps.
    4th. The Bot-User. They laugh at kabam for this ne area and are the only one which are happy with new arena. It's a pitty.

So. What could be great for all players but the 4th kind (ban them for lifetime!!!)?

Create new arenas:
    One Shard-Arena. For reaching milestones you get little DC, Units, Gold but a lot Grandmaster- or Kavalier-chrystal-shards and 4* to 6*-Shards and the best get Kavalier-chrystals.

One Champ-Arena. For reaching Milestones you get little DC, Units, Gold but a lot of Sig-Stones 5* to 6* and the Champ as 3* and 4* and as usual the best top-players get 5* or 6*

One Grinding-Arena. For reaching Milestones you get a lot of DC, Arena-Chrystals and Units but nothing else. The top-players get uncollected-arena-crystals or even thronebreaker-chrystals.

Each of these 3 arenas should come in 2 ways. One limited to 1*, 2* and 3* and one for 4*, 5* and 6*.

So any player can choose for what he is going for. Shards, Champs or Units.

English is not my foreign language. I hope you understand what I mean. In my head it makes perfect sense.
  • VermatVermat Posts: 1
    Awful changes to arena. Another disappointment. Getting used to this now. Thank you Kaban for making life even harder.
  • ancient_marinerancient_mariner Posts: 16
    I am not a big spender on this game, not because I don't want to but because I can't afford to. I mean I spend occasionally for some summoner sigil or maybe for some good deal of catalyst or crystals but never bought any unit bundle. I do love this game, in fact the only game I play but the change in the arena is really making me rethink and evaluate my love for this game.

As I do not spend on unit bundles, I heavily rely on arena grind. Let's say I want to clear a path in variant or act 6 or act 7, I estimate the cost of it and head into the arenas! One week's grind of 5* Featured, 4* featured and 4* basic gave me 810 units plus battlechips (2 rounds of arena over a week) which is often more than enough. But with this new arena system I can only grind for maybe 600 units over a week but only if I spend significantly longer times in arena than before, which is not possible due to other commitments. Therefore, clearing new contents will become significantly harder for me!

I understand kabam needs to make the money to keep the game afloat and I appreciate all the developers who are working hard night and day to continue to let us enjoy the game but this change in arena was not well thought. I mean, kabam has the data and probably did anticipate this outcry but went on with the change anyway. On top of that, latest response from kabam mike shows no indication as to when we can expect the change (or revert back) in the arena! So.....

Nonetheless, thank you kabam!
This discussion has been closed.