**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shang-Chi Changes

Comments

• PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Rotelly said:

What about people that bought crystals and grinded arena based on his SP1 ability?

Current (To be discontinued): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Pin-Point Strike is performed.

New (Coming soon): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency, excluding the Pin-Point Strike. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Cleansing Strike is performed.

Where was the change posted and when is it happening? I can’t find the source.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
    Quake requires skill why can ghost not be touched also requires skill shang-chi medium light medium then medium light light light medium heavy sp1 constantly wheres the skill as there isnt any different to ronan is ronans requires buffs and very high sig to even stun lock and even then if not many buffs very unreliable but shang-chi was so much more than that
    I'm old enough to remember when Kabam thought Cull broke the game, and then released Cosmic Ghost Rider, with no worries about that.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Rotelly said:

What about people that bought crystals and grinded arena based on his SP1 ability?

Current (To be discontinued): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Pin-Point Strike is performed.

New (Coming soon): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency, excluding the Pin-Point Strike. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Cleansing Strike is performed.

Seriously?? If you grinded arena or spent loads based on something that was obviously not intentional and clearly broken and then cry when they fix it then I feel that there is no hope for you.

I mean he is still an amazing champ, it’s not like they have made him useless just not game braking.

The rather transparent request for compensation in your post is pretty pathetic tbh
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★

Exploitable issues are a high priority. No Champ is meant to infinitely Stun lock. That would be a cheat code for any content. They're not going to keep a game-breaking bug just because people spent for a Champ.

Whether they are meant to or not, there are other champs that can infinitely stun lock.
    Terra said:

Exploitable issues are a high priority. No Champ is meant to infinitely Stun lock. That would be a cheat code for any content. They're not going to keep a game-breaking bug just because people spent for a Champ.

Whether they are meant to or not, there are other champs that can infinitely stun lock.
    Those champs need pre requisites, like Ronan with buffs ect.
    Shang-Chi had no pre requisite, could do it whenever he wanted
    A single synergy like with Thor is hardly much of a prerequisite. I don’t ever use it because it is boring but he can use whenever.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Yeah but for example Ronan, that requires there to be quite a few buffs and that’s not going to be present in every matchup, however Shang-Chi can do this infinitely no matter what

Yeah but for example Ronan, that requires there to be quite a few buffs and that’s not going to be present in every matchup, however Shang-Chi can do this infinitely no matter what
    I didn’t mention Ronan. I’m talking about the others who can infinitely stun lock whenever. Thor can do it once he gets a combo of 40 if he has the proxima synergy.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    ppl now pretending they grinded for him or bought the crystals bc of his stunlock are eighter liars bc it wasn't even widely know that the rotation existed before or if they really did it bc of that should start learning some fundamentals about the game bc they don't seem to understand them.

There is a big difference between this change which is objectively unhealthy for the game and for example the change they did to shehulk's heavy in the past.

Yes, Kabam should have tested better but they had to change this.

Also how often did you use the SP1 in a normal match before? Don't tell me this is his core kit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    In the technical sense, they wouldn't have to in any case. As was pointed out, the ToS is clear. However, they actually do make efforts to acknowledge Players and their investments as we've seen before. Therein lies the problem. Expectations are built, to the point where people are waiting for it. If you ask me, it should only apply to major changes to the way a Champion is intended to work. Not bug fixes or exploitable holes patched.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Lol, imagine saying ppl aiming for Shang chi for his stun lock, they don't even change his damage or utility, just his sp1, even his rotation doesn't even use any sp1, not to metion it was discorver after arena begins. He's good for a lot of things , not for his stun lock only.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Those who think removing infinite Stun-lock is something that deserves compensation are high on something.

On the flip side: As a support for changing his rotation - as a defender, Shang-Chi did a full 5-hit combo, causing me to be stunned, then another 5-hit combo, and chained into SP1, leading to another stun, and then another 5-hit combo and the KO.

It is not a good feeling knowing that if you slip up and let Shang-Chi hit you, he could rattle off 15 hits worth of attacks + the damage from SP1, without the player being able to do anything.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

It's not a nerf. It wasn't intended to happen. A nerf would be that his kit says "infinitely stun lock your opponent by doing this" and then Kabam removes that ability. That's a nerf.
    This is literally a nerf, if it wasn’t intended, Kabam should’ve changed him before release. They do this every time — release a champ, the community unlocks the characters full potential, some cry baby snitch on forums, and they NERF the champion.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Thank you all for your discussion and feedback. Please see our official update in the main post: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1791156/#Comment_1791156
    Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. Cheers.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
    Quake requires skill why can ghost not be touched also requires skill shang-chi medium light medium then medium light light light medium heavy sp1 constantly wheres the skill as there isnt any different to ronan is ronans requires buffs and very high sig to even stun lock and even then if not many buffs very unreliable but shang-chi was so much more than that
    The stun lock did take some skill. Ronan takes no skill to stun lock but has some requirements like you said, but it is easy when you can use it. Stun lock is part of the game clearly. Again I think they needed to change it, I am not auguring that, I am saying Kabam needs to be held accountable for the champs they release so there should be compensation to anyone that has him.
    Stun lock took no skill tho
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Patchie93 said:

Wasn't stun locking for an entire fight part of why they nerfed SW... oh wait it was and yall thought they would let this stay.

The othet option is they just add stun immune nodes to litterally every map

Nobody thought it would stay, people just enjoy fake outrage and bashing kabam cause why not
    This. Just make a champ that’s indestructible, does 50k basic hits and is unblockable while Regens 10% health every second so everyone can be happy.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thank you all for your discussion and feedback. Please see our official update in the main post: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1791156/#Comment_1791156
    Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. Cheers.

🍻
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

It's not a nerf. It wasn't intended to happen. A nerf would be that his kit says "infinitely stun lock your opponent by doing this" and then Kabam removes that ability. That's a nerf.
    It is a nerd because they are taking away something that could potentially make a fight easier. That is the definition of a nerf. The stun lock was an accidental thing 100% but it Kabam is changing the champ after release regardless of how you look at it. They should not be able to do that. They are responsible for testing and release. We do not design the champs, just use what is given to us. They should have some accountably , that is all. We have seen this so many times. I know Kabam won't do anything for the players but I think they need to hear the people when they are not happy and when they make a mistake.
    Was it listed as part of is abilities? No.

Not a nerf.
    Nerf
    /nərf/
    Learn to pronounce
    See definitions in:
    All
    Sport
    Gaming · Informal
    nounTRADEMARK
    adjective: Nerf
    a type of foam rubber used to make toys and sports equipment.
    "Would nothing be dangerous if everything was made out of Nerf?"
    verbINFORMAL•US
    verb: nerf; 3rd person present: nerfs; past tense: nerfed; past participle: nerfing; gerund or present participle: nerfing
    cause to be weak or ineffective.
    "the constant zone running nerfed Michigan's pass rush"
    (of a video game developer) reduce the power of (a character, weapon, etc.) in a new installment or update of a video game.
    noun: nerfing
    "ever since they nerfed the shield, the game just isn't as fun"

The definition says nothing about it has to be in listed in an abilities. They changed the character to make him weaker or less effective. that is a NERF.
    Ok so by this logic it is still NOT a nerf because Shang chi is still super effective and not any weaker.
    not any weaker? he could literally stun lock opponents forever.

i definitely agree with the change, but how can you say he's not "any weaker"? he was practically a god before.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Oh no 😱 without the infinite stun he is so useless now. How will we ever find any use for the utility he still has and the insane damage.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

The stun lock did take some skill. Ronan takes no skill to stun lock but has some requirements like you said, but it is easy when you can use it. Stun lock is part of the game clearly. Again I think they needed to change it, I am not auguring that, I am saying Kabam needs to be held accountable for the champs they release so there should be compensation to anyone that has him.
    Theres no need for comp but yes ur right kabam should of thought before hand about how shang chi stun was gonna interact but ronans is different due to is a requirement of 2 things sig and buffs otherwise doesnt work so in abyss at sig 182 it only works one fight where as shang-chi it was most fights so needed a change
    We agree he needed to be changed, but I do feel like Kabam needs held accountable to this and they should do something for compensation to the people who pulled this champ. If we do not hold them accountable they will keep doing this. Whether you or I like it people did spend real money to buy this champ due to an interaction Kabam did not account for. It is not like you could have gotten this champ for free since he is only in a unit crystal and the arena.
    Again, let me introduce you to something called "ToS"-

I understand the TOS, I get it. That does not make it less BS. They should be held accountable that is all. I know they will not, they have done this so many times. Does not mean people can not be upset. People will move on, like always.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Plenty of us with sense would absolutely love to see Quake flat out removed from the game let alone nerfed bc of game balance. I'll just have to live with hoping that they stick with the not releasing her as a 6* thing bc that essentially does the same thing over time but will just take longer