**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    If everyone stayed offline for 1 or 2 days Kabam would change it. Not hopeful. I will just do t4b and t1a. If they change those in a negative way I will for sure drop the game. I am 100% completed up to 6.2. I was going to start 6.3 in a bit but ... we will see what these guys do.
  • StinkomanStinkoman Posts: 37
    The new arenas are 3* erasure.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,119 ★★★★

I know this likely won't be read along the 40+ pages of angergasms, but I would like to start getting 15 units starting at the third milestone again

This
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,119 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

This made me laugh out loud. I was using my 4* and getting 5* r3 opponents when this suddenly showed up. I had to slap myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I used 4* the second time and once again, 6* r3. I have seen death matches but this one takes the cake.
    Fix the matchmaking algorithm or just tell us that this is a 5/6* arena

Bringing 4r4 or 5r2 into an arena with 6 stars allowed will cause death matches. It's sad but that's how it was with the 5 feature back then as well. Need 5r3 or 4r5. That's a reason why I liked the 4 feature arena, I was able to use my 5r2s and 4r4 cause no 6 stars in there.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    edited May 2021

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

This made me laugh out loud. I was using my 4* and getting 5* r3 opponents when this suddenly showed up. I had to slap myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I used 4* the second time and once again, 6* r3. I have seen death matches but this one takes the cake.

That is simply because your champions are too low in PI. If you can keep them above 15000 together you should be save. It has always been this way in 5* featured aswell.
    If 4* are actually usable here then you should have no issues using r4 and r3 4* but they are not. "This is how it has always been" does not make it right. They set out to improve arenas and I'm showing them areas that still need improvement.
    They are technically usable but not with 3x 4*. If you pair a 4* with 2x r3 5* you should be good because you will be above 15k PI. If your masteries are atleast half decent.
    Not saying deathmatches should stay, but in the current system, this is not 'wrong'
    Nope. The moment you attempt to pair 4* with 5* you get matched with 5* r5 running suicides or 6* r2. I have had it happen to me. Don't even think about pairing the with 6* r1. You get matched with r3 6*
    Bendy said:

Chikel said:

As its 6r3 it means a lower rank is removed from getting easy matches so u would have to run 2 higher than a low rating but using all r4 4s ur gonna get a death match
    Read my comment again. I was getting matched with 5* r3 which was expected then without warning 6* r3 showed up.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Maybe keep the current structure., But double the units and lock arenas. So that only 1 arena can be done and we may have chances of getting better rank rewards... Even cutoffs can be a bit lower that way
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Prathap said:

Maybe keep the current structure., But double the units and lock arenas. So that only 1 arena can be done and we may have chances of getting better rank rewards... Even cutoffs can be a bit lower that way

Ain’t gonna lie .lower the units milestones add cavalier instead of grandmaster . People might even like this
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Prathap said:

This would be very nice aswell!
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

That is simply because your champions are too low in PI. If you can keep them above 15000 together you should be save. It has always been this way in 5* featured aswell.
    If 4* are actually usable here then you should have no issues using r4 and r3 4* but they are not. "This is how it has always been" does not make it right. They set out to improve arenas and I'm showing them areas that still need improvement.
    They are technically usable but not with 3x 4*. If you pair a 4* with 2x r3 5* you should be good because you will be above 15k PI. If your masteries are atleast half decent.
    Not saying deathmatches should stay, but in the current system, this is not 'wrong'
    Nope. The moment you attempt to pair 4* with 5* you get matched with 5* r5 running suicides or 6* r2. I have had it happen to me. Don't even think about pairing the with 6* r1. You get matched with r3 6*
    Bendy said:

Chikel said:

As its 6r3 it means a lower rank is removed from getting easy matches so u would have to run 2 higher than a low rating but using all r4 4s ur gonna get a death match
    Read my comment again. I was getting matched with 5* r3 which was expected then without warning 6* r3 showed up.
    I have faced 6* r5 multiple times.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Arena matchups have always been like that. Dip below a certain PI threshold and boom you’ll get a death squad.

(My guess is that the “PI Threshold” per se, is the average team rating of champs used in the arena.”

Well somewhat yes. The ceiling raises based on the amount of highest Ranked Champs in the Arena. Because we have R3 Champs playing, the ceiling is higher. I wouldn't use anything lower than a 5* R3, and even then I'm cautious enough to throw a Boost on. This ceiling will raise again when R4s are introduced, but it always plateaus into a somewhat reliable number.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Bendy said:

Chikel said:

I have faced 6* r5 multiple times.
    Better Kang's 6* r5 than 6* r3 running suicides
  • AdeelSVAdeelSV Posts: 6
    edited May 2021
    New Arena has lesser Units
    Please Fix this
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Prathap said:

This doesn't really make sense. Some people grind both for shard rewards so the rewards would have to basically double in the arena you choose. Second, cutoffs for ranked rewards will be higher, if anything, and champion cut off will remain the same. Not a single person that can grind for a champ is grinding for both. That's far too much effort and just isn't being done. What can be done currently is someone grinds for a champion or high ranked rewards in one arena and puts up just more than the ranked rewards cut off in the other inflating the pool which is good for everyone. So your suggestion would not reduce the cut offs, would likely lower the pool of players per arena resulting in even less people getting ranked rewards, would lead to less choice in the community since you're limited to one set of milestones (can't get both a featured milestone with say the 4* and the basic milestone with the 4*).
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike this has to be the biggest backlash since 12.0 update and yet there is no response for the past few days..

They did but depending on your stance it's most likely NOT the answer you wanted...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264757/re-arena-milestones#latest
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike this has to be the biggest backlash since 12.0 update and yet there is no response for the past few days..

They did but depending on your stance it's most likely NOT the answer you wanted...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264757/re-arena-milestones#latest
    Well, that was 5 days ago, this user is saying the past FEW days. Which would indicate 1-3 days tops.

But I understand what you mean. There was a response, and it stated there was nothing to discuss and the current arena would continue till there is something to tell us. I get they kept it for this round, because some 6* grinders were waiting for the second round to go for their target. And the same thing can be said for the next one since Ibom will be wanted as a 6* aswell. Eventhou 80%+ don`t like this change does not mean they should hurt the 20% that does.
    Just hope they find a middle ground soon so the unit grinders can get their units in in time. I for one am really glad I already had 16.5k units when this all started.
    I agree there needs to be a middle ground with how it's set up but it can't be done in one day soooo for now this is what it is and all we can do is hold out.
This discussion has been closed.