**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Need help on the 'Road to Cavalier'... ( still on the way)

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I wasn't interested to start story quest any sooner. But something shook me up yesterday, I had a lot of expiring energy refills, XP boosts, so I wanted to make good use of 'em.
I started 5.3.1 and it went pretty good. Used 2 revives in that quest, because of Mordo. ( didn't expect him to evade, since I used AA)
5.3.2, 5.3.3, 5.3.4 were item less.
Then used a single revive in 5.3.5, just coz I wanted to play Corvus and end the boss fight quickly, instead of waiting for BPCW's armor up buffs falling down.
5.3.6 was an item less one too.

Thanks to CGR, all of 5.3 was a piece of cake finished in about 2 or 2 and a half hours.

Then came 5.4
I so badly wanted to shred the boss with Magneto. Took the life transfer path, all of the path went good. But the boss fight, urgh, I don't wish to remember that. I used 3 revives on Magneto and still hadn't killed him ( Trust me I played in the worst possible way ever). When it comes to Magneto, I don't know why I mess up. I practiced against WS, did lil good, and then get hit when I shouldn't.
Finally, fed up with Mags, I revived CGR, and he did the job, splendidly...

So, here I come to 5.4.2 and didn't know which node to take. I planned to take the one which says 'Rage' which has black bolt and hulk in it, since it exactly didn't have rage node.

I hope someone could help me on which path to take, which champs to take, and most importantly...

If I should rank up CGR or Magneto...
Or Corvus...
Thank you in advance, hoping for someone to help me.
Warprince.

Comments

• The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    edited May 2021

That’s my current roster, the picture of 4 stars are only for the sake of 5.4 players in case I could use someone
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Falcon and AA will work with AAR, BWCV can nullify Fury Buffs from the Rage node. I suggest you to bring Ghost as well against Rhino, and Torch can take down Morningstar easily with the Pre-Fight ability.

Good luck!
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    5.4.6 and 6.1.6 has metal boss which are very annoying. U may want to take mags up to r4. He not only counters the boss, but also many defenders on the path. And he is an absolutely beast for cav run as most of the defenders and bosses are metal. So mags is one that's needs to go to r4.
    Also if ur hype is duped, give him priority as he is meant to counter act6. Of not, I may say cgr.
    RaviDavi said:

Falcon and AA will work with AAR, BWCV can nullify Fury Buffs from the Rage node. I suggest you to bring Ghost as well against Rhino, and Torch can take down Morningstar easily with the Pre-Fight ability.

Good luck!

I was thinking of using Magneto or CGR for Morningstar, never thought she was going to be a tough fight.
    Are the nodes tough in that quest, @RaviDavi ?

5.4.6 and 6.1.6 has metal boss which are very annoying. U may want to take mags up to r4. He not only counters the boss, but also many defenders on the path. And he is an absolutely beast for cav run as most of the defenders and bosses are metal. So mags is one that's needs to go to r4.
    Also if ur hype is duped, give him priority as he is meant to counter act6. Of not, I may say cgr.

Eh, so I have no other choice, but to rank-up Magneto? At first I was leaning towards Corvus, and then thought CGR, because he really is super useful for me. But it seems like my current needs are Magneto.

And btw, Hyperion is awakened.
    Magneto has gone to rank 4 guys! thank to everyone who helped me out here.
    Cavalier, here I come!

RaviDavi said:

Good luck!

I was thinking of using Magneto or CGR for Morningstar, never thought she was going to be a tough fight.
    The easy path isn't that difficult, you'll be fine.
    RaviDavi said:

RaviDavi said:

Good luck!

The easy path isn't that difficult, you'll be fine.
    Which one is the easy path though? I'm thinking of taking the rage path.
    What do you say?
    Completed Act 5 guys!
    Thanks for helping me @Gr8TonyStark , @winterthur , @RaviDavi !!
    Wasn't bad at all, most of the quests were itemless!
    Hope I can say the same about the next few quests.

Completed Act 5 guys!

Way to go! Start 6.1.1? I am going to hop in to test the No retreat node soon.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★

Completed Act 5 guys!

Lets go. For me 6.1 was easier than 5.3 lol.
    It can be done easily with correct counters.
    Cav waiting for you

Completed Act 5 guys!

Way to go! Start 6.1.1? I am going to hop in to test the No retreat node soon.
    Most of the websites and players suggest me to take that path... In case No retreat is a global, I'd have to take the same path too. Thankfully, many of them in the easy path of 6.1.1 are #metal.

Completed Act 5 guys!

Lets go. For me 6.1 was easier than 5.3 lol.
    It can be done easily with correct counters.
    Cav waiting for you
    Yay! Hoping to get Cav by this weekend lol.
    Guess Magneto's got a lot of work to do yet!
    edited May 2021
    So I checked out about the next quests guys, and it feels like 6.1.1 would be okay-ish unless I get rekt by no retreat.
    But 6.1.2 looks deadly to me, that Sentinel mini-boss is quite the guy who gives me the fear. Any counters for him?
    Also, would Magneto be able to survive the EMP modification node's shock passives?
    edited May 2021

(Magneto is now rank 4, Falcon 1/25 and Corvus 3/45, and have around 410 units now)

Would CGR be able to do the stuff against the Sentinel? I was thinking so, going for only SP2's must be enough was what I was thinking...

edited May 2021

(Magneto is now rank 4, Falcon 1/25 and Corvus 3/45, and have around 410 units now)

Would CGR be able to do the stuff against the Sentinel? I was thinking so, going for only SP2's must be enough was what I was thinking...

CGR might be able to do it, although it would be safe to bring Magneto too because the AAR is very useful and the Arc Overload node will not have effect. It'll be okay to bring CAIW (Parry Heavy and parry special 1) too for the Ultron boss because you ideally don't want to trigger any Buffs.
    RaviDavi said:

CGR might be able to do it, although it would be safe to bring Magneto too because the AAR is very useful and the Arc Overload node will not have effect. It'll be okay to bring CAIW (Parry Heavy and parry special 1) too for the Ultron boss because you ideally don't want to trigger any Buffs.
    Oh gosh, I forgot about Spite... So wouldn't Magneto work?

RaviDavi said:

I'm not all that familiar with Mags so idk how his AAR will affect that. You may try to take a look if there's any recorded run with him against Ultron on YouTube?
    RaviDavi said:

RaviDavi said:

I'm not all that familiar with Mags so idk how his AAR will affect that. You may try to take a look if there's any recorded run with him against Ultron on YouTube?
    Thanks for the suggestion. But if that doesn't stop... Lol, Ultron would have SP3 in seconds...
    edited May 2021
    New update guys,
    I gave a try at 6.1.1 and it's worse than expected. Only have Guardian with 20-30% health now, and Archangel with 80%. Sabretooth still remaining. Should I quit and restart? Or should I give the best and revive? The other I brought along are CGR, Magneto and CAPIW...
    Tried using Falcon first, to check if his lock-on does any good on the nodes... But it didn't work out, and he fell trap to Agent venom's super strong tenacity, which purifies as soon as I have any debuff on him...
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I suggest taking torch, magneto, and Hyperion to rank 4 and you should be good to get cav. You have a counter to all the bosses, you just have to be careful with the nodes.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

New update guys,
    I gave a try at 6.1.1 and it's worse than expected. Only have Guardian with 20-30% health now, and Archangel with 80%. Sabretooth still remaining. Should I quit and restart? Or should I give the best and revive? The other I brought along are CGR, Magneto and CAPIW...
    Tried using Falcon first, to check if his lock-on does any good on the nodes... But it didn't work out, and he fell trap to Agent venom's super strong tenacity, which purifies as soon as I have any debuff on him...

If sabretooth is the only defender you have left, try to finish. Guardian is good for that fight because he can parry sabretooth’s sp1 so that you don’t take the degen by dexing a bunch. AA is also good for it because of his ability accuracy reduction.
    edited May 2021

But 6.1.2 looks deadly to me, that Sentinel mini-boss is quite the guy who gives me the fear. Any counters for him?
    Also, would Magneto be able to survive the EMP modification node's shock passives?

I was thinking of Colossus since he is both poison / bleed immune and also importantly incinerate immune and won't be troubled by special 2 on 100% analysis charges.

Will it work?
    edited May 2021

I was thinking of Colossus since he is both poison / bleed immune and also importantly incinerate immune and won't be troubled by special 2 on 100% analysis charges.

Will it work?
    He surely would, but keep in mind Colossus is not Poison-immune.
    I actually feared over nothing, lol. It seemed like I read the description of Bubble shield wrong. I thought after 10 blocks, all his attacks are going to be unblockable. In that case, it would be fearsome, as I can't build prowess with Mags. Luckily, it's not that way, thanks to @Faseeh , he/she gave me insight on this, along with a gameplay against the same at rank 3.
    Will3808 said:

New update guys,

If sabretooth is the only defender you have left, try to finish. Guardian is good for that fight because he can parry sabretooth’s sp1 so that you don’t take the degen by dexing a bunch. AA is also good for it because of his ability accuracy reduction.
    Sure bud, thank you, I'd try after I get the energy and willpower (not the mastery) to fight him.

Magneto is rank 4. I was thinking rank 3 HT should be enough for the Loki. But who does Hyperion counter? I was thinking that if I get the catalysts, I will rank-up CGR.
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Bro ur champs are awesome. Just google up stuff like "5.4.2 map mcoc" and ull get the whole map