**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Considering the gwenmaster is a more difficult final boss that 7.1 final boss, no increase in completion rewards makes no sense now. Gwenmaster is more skill intensive than all of 7.1 bosses. smh.

So 1 fight out of the whole thing is your reason?
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Considering the gwenmaster is a more difficult final boss that 7.1 final boss, no increase in completion rewards makes no sense now. Gwenmaster is more skill intensive than all of 7.1 bosses. smh.

Didn't you say there is no increase in difficulty? Can you now say the same thing? 1 fight or the whole path, my point was you cannot say the difficulty is the same because Gwenmaster will be skill intensive, which she is. The difficulty to complete the quest has increased and so the rewards for completion should have changed.
    https://youtu.be/atp8K24p8YA

It's obviously terribly difficult.

That was sarcasm. Heavily, heavily seeped in sarcasm.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Id say its not increased in difficulty maybe some will find gwenmaster tough but once people learn her its really straight forward of a fight
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Id say its not increased in difficulty maybe some will find gwenmaster tough but once people learn her its really straight forward of a fight

That is the thing though, I one shot every boss in 7.1 the first time, which is not the thing for gwenmaster. I am not saying she is anything close to Champion 6.2 or grandmaster 6.4, but saying she is as easy as any boss in 7.1 is simply being blind to the reality. You cannot come and say no difficulty increase= same rewards and then give a fight that needs at least some practice to get it right.
    TL:DR - There is simply no reason for Kabam to give the same completion rewards as 7.1 other than wanting to see how much they can stretch before people get outraged again.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Didn't you say there is no increase in difficulty? Can you now say the same thing? 1 fight or the whole path, my point was you cannot say the difficulty is the same because Gwenmaster will be skill intensive, which she is. The difficulty to complete the quest has increased and so the rewards for completion should have changed.

I can't convince someone that wants to simply argue for arguments sake. It is more difficult that 7.1 completion, that means it should have more rewards than 7.1 completion. If you think, it is easy and requires no rewards, you are more than welcome to think that, I am not trying to convince you otherwise.
    I've never said it does or doesn't deserve more rewards. I've always just said it's not more difficult. It's been out for a day and there are people taking down, in your opinion, the moist difficult fight in Act 7 in less than 3 mins. Gwenmaster isn't any more difficult than any other fight in Act 7 so far.
  • Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I can't convince someone that wants to simply argue for arguments sake. It is more difficult that 7.1 completion, that means it should have more rewards than 7.1 completion. If you think, it is easy and requires no rewards, you are more than welcome to think that, I am not trying to convince you otherwise.
    I've never said it does or doesn't deserve more rewards. I've always just said it's not more difficult. It's been out for a day and there are people taking down, in your opinion, the moist difficult fight in Act 7 in less than 3 mins. Gwenmaster isn't any more difficult than any other fight in Act 7 so far.
    that is a stretch to say that. SHe is more difficult for sure, but definitely soloable, and incredibly fun.
    Whether it warrants a rewards increase, i cannot say. 7.2 is incredibly fun, i must say.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I would like to see a video of someone taking down gwenmaster in less that 3 minutes. I least I have seen is 8 minutes by MSD.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I would like to see a video of someone taking down gwenmaster in less that 3 minutes. I least I have seen is 8 minutes by MSD.
    So you ignored the video I linked titled "Solo: Less than 3 minutes Gwen Master"?
  • Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

that is definitely with juiced up. That is not a normal fight.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

So you ignored the video I linked titled "Solo: Less than 3 minutes Gwen Master"?
    Ya, seems I did. My bad. :D. I don't usually look at video linked from forums. I just saw the solo and did not read anything else . Corvus R3 really wrecks her huh. Nice, that means its an easy fight for sure. /s. Still more difficult than bosses in 7.1. Don't see how you are not seeing the point, but Ok.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Ya, seems I did. My bad. :D. I don't usually look at video linked from forums. I just saw the solo and did not read anything else . Corvus R3 really wrecks her huh. Nice, that means its an easy fight for sure. /s. Still more difficult than bosses in 7.1. Don't see how you are not seeing the point, but Ok.
    https://youtu.be/OHAD6u9COnw

Here's 2 minutes. I don't see your point.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Once you get her down; she’s pretty straight forward. But I also do agree the completion rewards should have been ticked a bit. Not a lot. As progression from 1 to 2 the health pools are il a tad bit, different nodes. So for example instead of 10k 6 star do 12k. And instead of just 25% t5cc do a 25 and a 5 or 10%. Nothing game changing but a small uptick.

The difficulty or the final boss has nothing to do with it. It’s the progression from chapter to chapter.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Respectfully, you guys are missing the point. There really isn't *any* valid reason for a copy/paste of the same rewards from the previous chapter. In any situation. It just feels like it's a test to me. Will the players just accept an obvious copy/paste of completion rewards (the first time it's ever been done for story content) and still participate as much in the content.

I personally still find that this kind of ruins the content for me. Not because I actually will miss a token amount of 6 shards that much, but because it's hard for me to shake off the insult. All they had to do was add some extra shards or something... Just minimal effort as a token gesture to make it not an exact copy/paste. I'm still confused as to why so much effort is spent on the creation of new content and then it's success is placed at risk with something as simple as just chucking a few extra shards on it so it's at least different from the last chapter. Unless it really is a market test.
    To a point, I actually do see some form of an argument for difficulty having an impact on rewards. Simply because lower difficulty can lead to more accessibility, right? Which could result in rewards not meant for a certain progression level being issued too quickly. (I'm sure this line will earn disagrees from content rushers 🙃)But I think it may actually play a part in the rewards tuning if we're honest. I just needed a token amount of shards or something though. Keep the cat rewards the same if you're worried about the progression speed of newer players. Or, the total economy of rewards available moving forward (with new challenges on the horizon. 5k shards ain't gonna break the game if it's added to completion. In most cases.. it's what? Half of a Loki?
    What are people using for 7.2.6 flare with 90% physical resist 90% crit resist and 90% energy resist and buff synthesis armor up/precision path
    edited May 2021
    Bendy said:

What are people using for 7.2.6 flare with 90% physical resist 90% crit resist and 90% energy resist and buff synthesis armor up/precision path

Haven't done that one, but sounds like dot damage or someone who bypasses resistance at first glance? Venom maybe?

Bendy said:

Haven't done that one, but sounds like dot damage or someone who bypasses resistance at first glance? Venom maybe?
    I just tried rogue and took too long also tried nick and he can burst but really wanted to save his health for later on the path wasp will have to keep trying out champs to see who works
    edited May 2021

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

https://youtu.be/OHAD6u9COnw

Here's 2 minutes. I don't see your point.
    Meh, If you don't see it you don't. Not my problem.
    Edit: That was MSD, so that answers a lot of questions. When was the last time we had so many videos about a single fight other than in ROL? 6.4.6 Grandmaster, 6.2.6 Champion Boss, 5.2.6 Collector? Abyss fights? What do these have in common?
    edited May 2021
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

I just tried rogue and took too long also tried nick and he can burst but really wanted to save his health for later on the path wasp will have to keep trying out champs to see who works
    Ok, good luck. If I do that one, I'll see if come up with any answers. I'm sure there will be someone here who has done/knows. As for playing with the node, I mentioned Venom cause it's not too unrealistic for him to get an armor and precision. Angela as well, but her buffs cycle. I'm sure there are other champs as well. Would Corvus actually work? 🤔The Flare node might eat him up if not r3/suicides though..sig will only save him if he has charges.
    edited May 2021

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Ok, good luck. If I do that one, I'll see if come up with any answers. I'm sure there will be someone here who has done/knows.
    Could wait to see what guides people put out but this is only path on gwenmaster im finding actually tricky more so than the actual 6 star chest path which normally indicates harder path
  • AWESOMETr00perXAWESOMETr00perX Posts: 14
    I was having issues with the UI during the gwenmaster fight.
    Sorry if the gif looks crappy, I was unable to upload as a video.

Was this at all intended or is this a bug?

• AWESOMETr00perXAWESOMETr00perX Posts: 14
    Follow up to my last post. If this is a bug (which made it more difficult to play) is there going to be any compensation? I finished 100% about 25-26 hours after I started.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Bendy said:

My plan is to use duped corvus who ignores resistance for 20 hits, and then warlock for havok. Pretty annoying lane, but be thankful they didn't add aspect of war and who knows what else lol
    Yeah i was on line talking about it also decided to go claire on dd as healing venom for spidey and do something on night crawler havok was warlock played ok but hate how its just ticking u down nick for wasp then claire again for ronin as healing for me was the way to go tried a lot of options but couldnt get a run that wouldnt take long till i tried claire