**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    I don't get the design of the Power Sting path in quest 5. Anytime I see anything that's do 90% less damage unless... I roll my eyes. Especially for Power Sting. Because tbh, I just don't really like the PS champs for the most part. So, I saw where you added one of those new "assist nodes", but from what I can tell it doesn't really make up for it. Weakness (without having Resonate active) tends to be heavily carried by champs who already have PS? Or, just me? So I don't get that one. The anti-parry node seems to suggest not to use Cap. So.. idk, just not a fan in general. Yes, I know there are definitely a few champs who have PS, but I just don't like using them. Emma, Fantastic, Yellow Jacket.. nah, sorry, just not my cup of tea. I do like using Wasp, but since the node specifically says stun debuff, that's not gonna be great. She fits the no-block style of playing and has a nice weakness..you just can't convert it really.

Who are other folks using for this? I'll get over myself and do it, but just reporting back I'm not into the design is all. 🙂
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

I don't get the design of the Power Sting path in quest 5. Anytime I see anything that's do 90% less damage unless... I roll my eyes. Especially for Power Sting. Because tbh, I just don't really like the PS champs for the most part. So, I saw where you added one of those new "assist nodes", but from what I can tell it doesn't really make up for it. Weakness (without having Resonate active) tends to be heavily carried by champs who already have PS? Or, just me? So I don't get that one. The anti-parry node seems to suggest not to use Cap. So.. idk, just not a fan in general. Yes, I know there are definitely a few champs who have PS, but I just don't like using them. Emma, Fantastic, Yellow Jacket.. nah, sorry, just not my cup of tea. I do like using Wasp, but since the node specifically says stun debuff, that's not gonna be great. She fits the no-block style of playing and has a nice weakness..you just can't convert it really.

Who are other folks using for this? I'll get over myself and do it, but just reporting back I'm not into the design is all. 🙂

Hmm, AA could be decent. AAR immune and Neuro will bypass damage reduction.
    Edit: ok, fine.. SS can work too:) I guess it's not terrible:) I've never consciously used his weakness on sp2 before, but it's definitely there.
  • AWESOMETr00perXAWESOMETr00perX Posts: 16
    edited May 2021
    https://youtu.be/Gd-JjjzU8XY
    Here’s another follow up to my post about the gwenmaster UI being buggy
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Bendy said:

What are people using for 7.2.6 flare with 90% physical resist 90% crit resist and 90% energy resist and buff synthesis armor up/precision path

I used claire for the path. Colossus for havok and Nick for wasp. Claire did heal a ton to mitigate the flare damage. She worked against spidey and night crawler as well.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Bendy said:

What are people using for 7.2.6 flare with 90% physical resist 90% crit resist and 90% energy resist and buff synthesis armor up/precision path

My plan is to use duped corvus who ignores resistance for 20 hits, and then warlock for havok. Pretty annoying lane, but be thankful they didn't add aspect of war and who knows what else lol
    Tried warlock. He was either not doing damage or converting armor up to true strike and dying from plasma detonation. Colossus worked well
  • BelynarranBelynarran Posts: 4
    Gwenmaster End mode (tecno) is bug, armor dont clean rigth and i cant kill her
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★

Gwenmaster End mode (tecno) is bug, armor dont clean rigth and i cant kill her

Do you know that if you want to get rid of her armors, you must do 4th light attack or counter her heavy attack with your heavy attack
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    I didn’t realise this thread was even active.
    I’ve written a 7.2 exploration guide if anyone is interested in checking out!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/265624/7-2-exploration-guide
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    One question I have is, how hard is exploration compared to 7.1? I’m not looking for an “its easy”, Id like to know in comparison to 7.1.

We’ve already established that the 7.2 boss is more difficult than the 7.1 boss, so based off this alone and possibly the difficulty comparison in exploration, a revamp in rewards may be justified.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

One question I have is, how hard is exploration compared to 7.1? I’m not looking for an “its easy”, Id like to know in comparison to 7.1.

We’ve already established that the 7.2 boss is more difficult than the 7.1 boss, so based off this alone and possibly the difficulty comparison in exploration, a revamp in rewards may be justified.

We get an extra 25% t5cc
    TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc
    Look at the shards though, we hardly get more shards for exploring (multiple paths) than compared to cavalier eq which has a lot less effort/paths.

The truth is its not just an argument on my previous point, but its also based on the state of the economy and hence the comparison to cav eq shard rewards
  • BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★

Shehulk+Mr.Fantastic synergy
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc
    Look at the shards though, we hardly get more shards for exploring (multiple paths) than compared to cavalier eq which has a lot less effort/paths.

The truth is its not just an argument on my previous point, but its also based on the state of the economy and hence the comparison to cav eq shard rewards
    A lot less paths for Cav EQ?

Cav EQ has 3+4+5+5+6+6 iirc.

7.2 6x6. The difference is not “a lot”..
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

You forgot to factor in the energy cost and the difficulty in the first 2 chapters. Very easy compared to the last chapter depending on the final boss and less energy.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Gwenmaster fight looks alright, I watched my son do an initial clear this morning and he didnt rage too hard so there doesnt seem to be any BS attached to it.
    xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

Except cav eq has nodes that boost it and make it seem much faster? Not to mention, ive heard from many people that some of the paths in 7.2 were annoying and not as straightforward in difficulty. A boost in higher difficulty plus the economy of the game changing since 7.1 was released surely warrants more rewards
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    GagoH said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

Except cav eq has nodes that boost it and make it seem much faster? Not to mention, ive heard from many people that some of the paths in 7.2 were annoying and not as straightforward in difficulty. A boost in higher difficulty plus the economy of the game changing since 7.1 was released surely warrants more rewards
    You heard from some? For all we know those people you've heard from are barely cavalier or barely TB that content rushed and don't have the rosters to do book 2. Anyone that struggles in book 2 most likely have underdeveloped rosters. Gwenmaster isn't even a hard fight. Maybe go try the content first. Also Cav difficulty is repeating every month. This is one time content.
    edited May 2021
    GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

I’ve been critical of the rewards, but you’re bad at math and don’t know what you’re talking about.

30 paths of cavalier EQ - 7500 shards and a 10% t5 nexus

36 paths of 7.2 - a 6-star, 6-star nexus, 9000 shards, 25% selector, 25% random x2, 6 t5b, 9 t2a.

My main gripe is Kabam’s apparent refusal to relinquish the tiniest bit more that would reflect difficulty, effort and/or evolution of a meta. After months, extra shards were added to cavalier EQ. Would anything be disrupted in this game if the path rewards were 1000x2 instead of 750? No, so why not throw us that crumb? Alternatively, throw some shards into exploration so we aren’t getting only the one nexus. The 6-star pool is too big and has no way to narrow your choices.

GagoH said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

You heard from some? For all we know those people you've heard from are barely cavalier or barely TB that content rushed and don't have the rosters to do book 2. Anyone that struggles in book 2 most likely have underdeveloped rosters. Gwenmaster isn't even a hard fight. Maybe go try the content first. Also Cav difficulty is repeating every month. This is one time content.
    That was his point. We get similar shards every month for doing cav eq. But, this being a one time content, should have had additional shards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

GagoH said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

That was his point. We get similar shards every month for doing cav eq. But, this being a one time content, should have had additional shards.
    You get 7500 for all of Cav. You get 10k plus a 6* nexus and the path shards. How is that similar? Y'all are really grasping now. We're seeing the content isnt anymore difficult. Gwenmaster is fun but a pretty easy, straightforward fight. Now it's Cav difficulty has "almost" the same shards so it should have been more.
  • calamitacalamita Posts: 29
    The 24 hours timer will start the first time you enter the quest or the first time you will front a fight?
    calamita said:

The 24 hours timer will start the first time you enter the quest or the first time you will front a fight?

From when you enter the quest. It's pretty clear in the announcement.
  • calamitacalamita Posts: 29
    edited May 2021

Well, actually it says "When you start", not enter. So isn't clear if the timer starts when you enter the quest or start the first fight
    calamita said:

Well, actually it says "When you start", not enter. So isn't clear if the timer starts when you enter the quest or start the first fight

It says the timer starts once you start the quest. But the fight times will be calculated for legends title. It is very clear.

Pulyaman said:

GagoH said:

xNig said:

GagoH said:

TyEdge said:

GagoH said:

We get an extra 25% t5cc

You get 7500 for all of Cav. You get 10k plus a 6* nexus and the path shards. How is that similar? Y'all are really grasping now. We're seeing the content isnt anymore difficult. Gwenmaster is fun but a pretty easy, straightforward fight. Now it's Cav difficulty has "almost" the same shards so it should have been more.
    It’s frustrating that you take the most ill-conceived post in this thread and try to weaponize it to invalidate legitimate criticisms.

This is harder than 7.1. The meta has shifted, in that the resources that were available 5 months ago at the release of 7.1 are not as scarce or as valuable as they are now. Your rewards for 7.2 versus 7.1 are literally exactly the same until you finish the very last path. (As to resource scarcity, more players are getting Thronebreaker T5cc from glory and the calendar, while side events and EQ give more shards. You also had one variant released alongside 7.1 and a new one last month).

These criticisms would have likely been avoided with simple changes like turning 1500 path shards into 2000, or adding a 10% t5cc crystal to completion. A little show of appreciation for the extra effort. That’s it.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    "TOTAL COST OF COMPLETION: 414 Energy
    TOTAL COST OF EXPLORATION: 2484 Energy"

I'm assuming this means after completion, it takes 2070 energy to explore?
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I can't rank 3 a single champ or awake anyone after exploring 7.2 which was really a sad reality so please raise rewards in 7.3 Kabam.

At least give us 50% t5cc selector and 1 awakening gem man, how hard for you to do it?
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

I can't rank 3 a single champ or awake anyone after exploring 7.2 which was really a sad reality so please raise rewards in 7.3 Kabam.

At least give us 50% t5cc selector and 1 awakening gem man, how hard for you to do it?

You got a 25% selector from act 6 completion, another from 7.1 exploration (I'd assume) and now a third one. Along with >6 25% t5cc crystals, a bunch of sq crystals, and by now 3 nexus crystals from cav eq. I don't see how you don't have any t5cc, unless you intentionally chose not to get one...
    edited May 2021
    Raichu626 said:

GOTG said:

You got a 25% selector from act 6 completion, another from 7.1 exploration (I'd assume) and now a third one. Along with >6 25% t5cc crystals, a bunch of sq crystals, and by now 3 nexus crystals from cav eq. I don't see how you don't have any t5cc, unless you intentionally chose not to get one...
    25% selector = just above 11000 (of 45000) not that big. Other 3 are RNG based.

25% selector for a whole chapter exploration is too small and outdated when someone has more then 30 rank 3 already. I myself have 12.

So Kabam needs to fix their mind immediately.
    Raichu626 said:

GOTG said:

Oh you completely missed my point. I have 12 rank 3 6*. I mean after exploring 7.2 I should be able to rank 3 another one but I couldn't and that showed how little t5cc they give us as rewards.